It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why swine flu vaccines just don’t add up: Doing the (fuzzy) math

page: 1,

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This is a great article talking about the #'s around swine flu, the vaccine, the # saved, etc. More than anything, I think this hits the nail on the head when you argue with your friends/family against the vaccine.

www.prisonplanet.com...

Now let’s look at some serious statistics: If one million people have already been infected with swine flu, and 500 have died, that’s a fatality rate of 1 out of 2000 people. Depending on which research you believe, vaccines might at most be credited with preventing 1% of flu deaths during any given flu season (and that’s being very generous to the vaccine). So here’s the question:

How many people have to be vaccinated with the new swine flu vaccine to save ONE life from a swine flu fatality?

(Notice, carefully, this question has never been asked in the mainstream media. That’s because the answer isn’t exactly what most people want to hear…)

This question is easy to answer, actually. If the vaccine were 100% effective (that is, they prevented every death that would have otherwise occurred), they could be credited with saving 1 life out of 2000, right? Because that’s the normal death rate for this particular virus (these figures are widely quoted by AP, Reuters and the White House, by the way).

It's amazing to me the hype this thing is getting. My wife and I don't watch the news, yet she is terrified of this flu and wants to get vaccinated (just shows you how prevalent the fear campaign actually is). I'm doing my best to try and educate her about squalene adjuvants and there use in this vaccine.

[edit on 9/1/2009 by Finalized]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Another good Thread regarding the Swine Flu Vaccine!

Here goes my attempt to clear the fuzzy math!

1. The officials are saying that having the Swine Flu does not mean you will be protected from getting it again = Vaccine useless also!

2. Known effects of the Swine Flu are currently minor and lethality is low = Known side-effects of Vaccine are fairly common and serious, so Vaccine is not worth Risk!

3. Officials warn that a more serious version of Flu could come about = Vaccine won't work against new strain anyway = Vaccine Useless

4. Some reports say that Flu is more serious in young healthy adults because of "Cytokine Storm" or your body's own immune system overreacting in defense = Vaccine will cause a larger immune response = more serious symptoms and danger = Vaccine Useless or even Dangerous

5. Other reports say that Flu is more serious in people with compromised immune systems, pregnant women and children, but Side-effects of Squalene, Thimerosal, and Live Viruses are also more pronounced in that same subset of people = Vaccine just as dangerous as Flu!

I could probably keep going, but how many reasons do you need to skip a dangerous Vaccine that is untested, ineffective, and comes with a lot of risks and very few unproven benefits!!

[edit on 1-9-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

This has to be the most important info there is out there regarding the vaccine...

Thank you, my friend! Everybody should read this.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BazzeMan

Agreed, this "math" post, to me, is the most important information AGAINST the swine flu I've read to date.

join