It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visualization Tips

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I've learned that when it comes to visualization steps, like ones used to open chakras that it is best to make up your own method or perhaps easier to just put your own twist in another persons technique. I dont know why but when i use another persons tech, its harder for me to visualize what they tell me to as compared to when i come up with my own visualization tech. Do others feel this way too? maybe its the same problem people have with visualization?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The thing I find hardest with visualisation, is I try too hard. If you try and visualise "it", you fail. It's like as soon as you see something, you try and focus in on it, and the second you do that *poof* it's gone. I think the trick is to just observe, and don't try and control it in anyway shape or form. Just allow it to be in your minds eye. I once heard a tip for prolonging this, and that's basicly try and picture something (a tree for example) As you try and form this tree, notice how, every time you actually try to look at it, it dissapears. Try and just let it be there, without actually looking at it. This, apparently, will help with visualisations. As with everything, practice practice practice is the key.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
i cant say the same. ive always been good a visulization.

my problem is patience. it gets pretty frustrating after youve been in a trance for 5 mins then bam your mind starts racing. or you here a thump or loud noise.

my problem is more of concentration. which is why I use ear plugs.

I heard that some people cant even visualize some think in smells. feelings. or words.

What do they do?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
A very good practical exercise for developing the skill of "visualization" in all it's sensory glory, can be found here. It's called Image Streaming. Win Wenger is one of the best sources for expanding the mind, I've ever run across.

www.creativethinkingwith.com...

top topics

join