It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

President Obama’s Address to Students Across America Sept 8 2009

page: 7
31
<< 4  5  6   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I know many people are frightened of Obama, just as many were frightened of the Bush administration (See this thread).

However, maybe it would be worth the wait to see what he actually says.

What if the message is how important it is to get a good education, and learn all one can, so as to be able to succeed and contribute in life? What if the message is to stay in school, take school seriously, avoid the pitfalls of violence, etc?

If, on the off chance the message is something along the lines of "You shall all bow down to me as your Supreme Leader for Life", accompanied by giant pictures of Obama plastered everywhere, then not only will you all have been proven right, but you will have several million allies immediately, and Obama and his administration will be over and a note in the history books.

Personally, I think it's rather likely that the message will be along the lines of the first example, not the second.

And I for one DO want that kind of message given to school kids, and I don't care by whom.




posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic
 



If, on the off chance the message is something along the lines of "You shall all bow down to me as your Supreme Leader for Life", accompanied by giant pictures of Obama plastered everywhere, then not only will you all have been proven right, but you will have several million allies immediately, and Obama and his administration will be over and a note in the history books.


Yeah, but there will be those few who will still worship him.


And all indications show that his message isn't a simple 'Hey kids, work hard, have fun, and have a great school year'.

They are more along creating a lead-in for discussion on "Well, kids, what did Obama mean?" "What is he asking you to do?"

A buy-in to join his Youth Corps.

If we wait till after the speech, it will be too late. He will have poisoned the soup. Nah, if he's so interested, let him run a 30 second commercial on TV. Don't give him our children's ear.

I encourage all parents to keep their children out of school on September 8.



posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
IMO my $.02

now that the admisnistration is making the address transcript available before Tuesday, we'll never know what kind of indoctrination commentary was on it. If it is completed, why wasn't it released sooner? Why, you ask? To allow time to edit and "clarify" content that may have left too much up to interpretation.

It's one thing for a President to briefly address out children, it's another for one to issue talking points and a lesson plan.......

If W was taking it to that level, the libs would be screeming

That's my $.02 and I'm sticking to it.

edited for grammer...

[edit on 4-9-2009 by BeavX]

[edit on 4-9-2009 by BeavX]



posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
**admin, not sure how, double post, please delete. Sorry & Thank you.

IMO my $.02

now that the admisnistration is making the address transcript available before Tuesday, we'll never know what kind of indoctrination commentary was on it. If it is completed, why wasn't it released sooner? Why, you ask? To allow time to edit and "clarify" content that may have left too much up to interpretation.

It's one thing for a President to briefly address out children, it's another for one to issue talking points and a lesson plan.......

If W was taking it to that level, the libs would be screeming

That's my $.02 and I'm sticking to it.





[edit on 4-9-2009 by BeavX]



posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
A word about this from Obama's Teleprompter.
(Yes .. his teleprompter has a blog site)


*satire*

Obama's Teleprompter


So Big O was looking over his schedule for the next two weeks and saw that he's on the hook for several pretty big speeches. Next week, we'll be beamed live into every public school classroom across America. It's true that this has been done before in places like the Soviet Union, China, North Korea and Venezuela, but this will be a first here in the U.S. and we can't be prouder to be the first administration with the TV programming chops to pull it off.

The program will go like this: after the students sing Big Guy's song, he will talk to them about the importance of health care and how if we don't have universal, government-managed care, all of their parents will die and the kids won't have any candy or allowance. This isn't a scare tactic. It's an age-appropriate and verifiable fact from the Office of Management and Budget. And just to perfectly clear, this won't come off as overly threatening, because Elmo will be sitting on Big Guy's desk signing the speech. It could be worse, we could have Joey B doing the signing.



posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I guess the speech is secondary in my concerns. The fact that the schools were given 'lesson plans' is unheard of, imo.

Menu of Classroom Activities President Obama’s Address to Students Across America (PreK‐6)

Menu of Classroom Activities President Obama’s Address to Students Across America (Grades 7‐12)


I don't remember any previous president coaching the teachers with these 'lesson plans'.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by jsobecky]



posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
JSO .. that's exactly the problem.

Having a POTUS tell kiddies to stay in school and work hard is just fine.

It's the lesson plans and the subtext that are the problem.

This Blog says it perfectly.


It’s not the speech (as I pointed out last week), it’s the subtext.

It’s the radical activism of the White House Teaching Fellows who designed the education guides tied to Obama’s speech.

It’s the overzealousness of public school educators who have turned classrooms into Obama campaign offices.

It’s the influence of the left-wing social justice crusaders of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge on Team Obama.

It’s the Left’s embrace of Obama Chicago pal Bill Ayers’ pedagogical philosophy of “education as the motor-force of revolution.”



posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well, he gave his address and it was everything that it should have been from the start. All politics and agendas aside. Study, work hard, reach your goals and stay in school.

I am glad that the speech was rewritten to reflect the growing concern of the nation. 15 minutes of short, sweet and to the point.

Nice speech Mr. Obama. (I can't believe I just said that)


CX

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
As i said in another thread, i thought the speech was fine.

Nothing i wouldn't have wanted my kids to hear.

CX.



posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic
 



If, on the off chance the message is something along the lines of "You shall all bow down to me as your Supreme Leader for Life", accompanied by giant pictures of Obama plastered everywhere, then not only will you all have been proven right, but you will have several million allies immediately, and Obama and his administration will be over and a note in the history books.


Yeah, but there will be those few who will still worship him.


And all indications show that his message isn't a simple 'Hey kids, work hard, have fun, and have a great school year'.

They are more along creating a lead-in for discussion on "Well, kids, what did Obama mean?" "What is he asking you to do?"


We must put an end to critical thinking NOW!!!

I think thats what many of you have been advocating?

Its funny to see the switch of concern from the speech to the lesson plan.



posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
JSO .. that's exactly the problem.

Having a POTUS tell kiddies to stay in school and work hard is just fine.

It's the lesson plans and the subtext that are the problem.

This Blog says it perfectly.


It’s not the speech (as I pointed out last week), it’s the subtext.

It’s the radical activism of the White House Teaching Fellows who designed the education guides tied to Obama’s speech.

It’s the overzealousness of public school educators who have turned classrooms into Obama campaign offices.

It’s the influence of the left-wing social justice crusaders of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge on Team Obama.

It’s the Left’s embrace of Obama Chicago pal Bill Ayers’ pedagogical philosophy of “education as the motor-force of revolution.”


Once the text was released POOF -

EL SWITCHO



posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator
 


Sorta like; fake birth certificate, Obama wasn't born here to ----------> OK maybe he was born here but he's not a natural born citizen ( father) and therefore ineligible lol

Anyways Newt says he liked it and everyone should watch...


Newt on Obama's back to school speech: I recommend it to everyone




[edit on 8-9-2009 by Connector]



posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
As i said in another thread, i thought the speech was fine.
Nothing i wouldn't have wanted my kids to hear.CX.


You mean the sky wasn't falling and the kiddies didn't turn into zombie-Obamatroids? You know, if I were a right-wing nut job, I'd be kinda irate right about now!!



posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
My goodness!

I can see the kids now having political conversations in school, NOT.

The truth is most kids were thinking, "Alright we get to watch TV, no homework.



posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Do you know where your kiddies are?




new topics

top topics



 
31
<< 4  5  6   >>

log in

join