It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama’s Address to Students Across America Sept 8 2009

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wycky
Are then any teachers here that can get a recording of this event??

Or someone strap a recording device to their kid so we know what was said?

I'll tell you what, I want a COPY of that speach Before he talks to my grandchildren. But I can tell you that they are going to be out sick that day anyway, I think they are going to have the H1N1 flu.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
FYI...
Here's a link that describes the uproar that this planned address to our
nation's schools on 9/8/2009 is causing since it was announced yesterday.
www.foxnews.com...

My wife is a school teacher in a Chicago suburb with a population of
65,000 mostly Republican voters. This district is not planning to air
the President's live broadcast as of now. In fact, my wife and her
colleagues knew nothing about it until they read about it on the net.

Here's a link to the official US Department of Education website
that overviews next week's presentation on its front page:
www.ed.gov...

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
SHEESH this was a HARD thread to find!!! Ive been searching all dang day so I could rant about it.

Just wanted to point out that grades 7-12 have a totaly different outline.

docstoc.com

I have no issues with what they have planned for the older kids. They stick to education and goals. Its the outline for the prek - 6 that I have major problems with.

Asking our kids to write a letter to themselves about what they can do for President Obama???? Keeping those letters to hold the kids accountable??? Telling them how important it is for them to listen to President Obama and the rest of the government????? Making sure the kids know what President Obama is asking of their parents????

TOO FAR!!!!!!!!!!!

How about he write a letter to the kids telling what he will do for them and their parents? You know, since the government works for us. How many people would go to work and demand their boss write a letter stating what they will do for us? That is insane!

Oh and dont get me started on how they are supposed to read the kids books all about Obama before hand. They have no right to force their opinions of that man on my children!!!

My sister is an elementary school teacher and not an Obama fan. I am anxious to talk to her today to find out how she plans on handleing this and if it is a requirement for her. I am pretty sure she will tell them to kiss her dairyare before follows through with this.

OH AND I missed the point when the President became the one who dictates what and how the teachers should teach.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
To all of those that are opposed to this Indoctrination 101 lesson from Obama. May I suggest that you keep your kids home from school on 9/8 2009. My kids are only 3, otherwise I would keep them home.

I think that this would send a very clear message to Obama. Take the day and go to a Zoo or museum instead.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

That would be an excellent way to protest this government intrusion, if
you're against it. But don't take the kids to anyplace, or buy them
anything that will incur Federal taxes. Wouldn't want to reward the
very government you're protesting against, eh?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The picture here says it all ...
(picture by Leo Alberti )

Obama's Campaign. No Junior Lobbiest Left Behind

Salt Lake Trubune -

Children at Eagle Bay Elementary School in Farmington were shown a short video called "I pledge" on Aug. 28. The video opens with an image of President Barack Obama and part of a speech in which he says, "Let us summon a new spirit of patriotism, of responsibility where each of us resolves to pitch in and work harder and look after not only ourselves but each other." The video then features celebrities making pledges about how they will help the president and the world -- and that's where some say the problem lies.

Here's the ATS thread on the video -

I pledge to be a servant to our president ... '

[edit on 9/2/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I have thought about it. The thing is though, judging from that other page, there are going to be on going discussions and acivities/assignments on this through out the rest of the year.

I am just worried about what he is going to say. I dont trust him is what it boils down to. If he can just keep it to a pep talk on how important it is to get an education and work hard in school then I think this is awesome. I just do not trust him to keep it to that. He is a master manipulator. I do not like manipulators influencing my children.

I do not know what I will do at this point.

I talked to my sister, and they have not been made aware of anything happening on the 8th in her school. She says that she does not know how he will pull it off because they do not have tv's other than ones that will run video tapes/dvd's only. She says a few rooms have smart boards so perhaps they will group kids together?

This is just going to have to be a wait and see thing I suppose. If he plays by the rules, this could be a very cool thing for the kids. If not, well, that is what I am worried about.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I disagree with schools and teachers injecting thier political views into the minds of our young chlidren. Politics are definately an at home education--not the responsibility of the President nor the education system. We all know that our schools are breeding grounds for liberal thoughts and ideas.
The irony of religion being removed from our schools, but politics remain...

I guess we will have to wait and see what the address is really about to form an opinion....I don't trust the man and his ways....If my children attended that school I would keep them home.
IMO, the White House press office has trouble with the phrase "school children", by spelling it "schoochildren", as did ed.gov when they copied & pasted the release...

These are the keepers of the futures of our children?

The screw up is HERE and HERE
Hurry, view the page before it's gone, and read the press release for yourself about the September 8th address.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I wonder how many MK-ULTRA techniques Obamas Boys are going to shove in his telecast? If your kid comes home wearing a Brown Shirt and a couple Obama Tattoos you know your Kid got the Full Dose!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I wonder if they will air this as well.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Wednesday my son brought home a letter from the school about the Obama address, it contains an opt out as they have an alternate activity planned for students whos parents don't want them seeing this. I am going to send in the opt out and find out what the alternate activity is going to be.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I actually like Obama, I think he's a puppet that is in over his head (and who wouldn't be with all the crap going on) but I like to listen to him, he's a good speaker.

That being said - and since we're on a conspiracy site...

Let's say you're a President with 2 little kids.

You're not evil, just a bit naive and you're catching on to the ways of world now that you're in the deep end.

Let's say you have one hell of a clever campaign manager who is on your side but a bit more savvy.

Let's say you know that something is up and it stinks.

September, financially is wobbly at best.

September, politically has 9/11

September, health wise starts back to school sniffles and fall flus

This September has everyone (with 4 brain cells and half an eye open) a little jittery about the overall state of things.

Now, if something was going to happen, and you were a decent person, wouldn't you want to calm the kids? A no drama Obama move maybe?

Kind of the anti - Bush announced 9/11 surrounded by frightened kids on national TV.

I know - totally silly right? Maybe it's nothing like that and it's just a speech. Or maybe there's a reason to have schools all across America set up and ready to see the President on TV. Or maybe it's a rehearsal?

In San Francisco, there is this silly thing happening, that again probably has nothing to do with anything but, we're closing the Bay Bridge this weekend. Thurs - Tues. for construction work.
www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2009/09/03/MNS919H7LN.DTL

That means that all travel to the north and east has to be via the iconic Golden Gate Bridge or by BART tunnel under the water. A BART strike was avoided really really quickly, which was great. But I had to wonder why the union folded so fast when they had such amazing power with the Bridge closure. Maybe they're just really reasonable, wouldn't that be cool!
www.publicceo.com...:lance-howland-bridge-story&catid=151:local-governments-publicceo-exclusive&I temid=20

In NY there are these:

www.panynj.gov...

maybe this is really common? And all finished by Tuesday. The SF Bay Bridge is very unusual so it will cause all kinds of delays and back ups and is expected to close the bridge tuesday likely as well.

It just seems to me like a lot of things are slotting into place to be a perfect storm, and I read enough on ATS to remember having seen that before. So, I just think it's good to keep an eye on.

Hopefully it's totally nothing and all coincidence.

[edit on 9/3/2009 by trusername]

[edit on 9/3/2009 by trusername]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

The speech is being broadcast on Cspan............anyone can watch it. There is also a live feed from the WhiteHouse website. I simply don't understand the panic and fear of a speech from our President. He is concerned about education and he should be. Maybe past presidents should have done the same thing.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Too bad parents aren't so concerned about the crap their kids watch on TV, what video games they play, what movies they rent and who they hang around with.

All of a sudden, we have outraged parents who demand to see what is in a speech before their kids see it. Do you demand the same from the teachers? Do they have to run the daily classroom curriculum by you so you can OK it? WHY NOT? Do you review a movie before your kids watch it? Do you read about a video game before your kids buy it? Do you know where they are visiting on the Internet?

I find all this "parental concern" a bit fake. It's nothing but your paritsan politics that has you so "concerned" about this.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Too bad parents aren't so concerned about the crap their kids watch on TV, what video games they play, what movies they rent and who they hang around with.

All of a sudden, we have outraged parents who demand to see what is in a speech before their kids see it. Do you demand the same from the teachers? Do they have to run the daily classroom curriculum by you so you can OK it? WHY NOT? Do you review a movie before your kids watch it? Do you read about a video game before your kids buy it? Do you know where they are visiting on the Internet?

I find all this "parental concern" a bit fake. It's nothing but your paritsan politics that has you so "concerned" about this.

Ya nothing like throwing around the word Fascist and Communist every day...

I am taking note, I am starting to get what the GOP does as this is as naked as I have ever seen it.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Do you demand the same from the teachers? Do they have to run the daily classroom curriculum by you so you can OK it? WHY NOT?

Oh, great! Thanks, BH, now we are going to have crowds of parents, foaming at the mouth, mobbing schools every morning, shouting "LET US IN! LET US IN!"

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Whatever Obama does, he'll get bashed for it. It's just how things work.

I didn't vote for him nor do I like the government, but FFS....give the guy a break.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
"Today the country is by no means at the end of its mission, but at the very beginning! It is now in its youth. And thus you, my American Youth, are not entering something foreign; rather, youth is joining the Movement of youth, and this movement of youth thus welcomes you as one of its own. You have the task of doing your share to fulfill what your elders once hoped for.

I am confident in you, confident that you who have already grown up and come into being in the spirit of the new America will fulfill this task, and that you will bear in mind our old principle: that it is not important that a single one of us lives, but vital that America lives!"

I wonder how close the speech will come to this version.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I don't think you should assume all parents aren't concerned about what thier kids are up to and what goes into their heads.
My kids for example are NOT allowed to watch many many TV shows, they are not allowed to listen to most music, they watch only movies I rent or buy for them and very very very few are above PG, they can play super nintendo as that is the only gaming system we have in our home and if we had someting different, the video games would have to be approved by me, their internet usage is monitered and permission is asked to go to any sight I have not already approved. Their friends are allowed at our house and if they want to go to someones house I must meet their parents and if I don't feel comfortable than they stay at our house and play. Sleepovers are far and few between at someone elses home.
I help my kids with their homework, participate in their classrooms, speak to their teachers and am a part of their lives. I talk to my kids each and everyday and we would much rather be out in the woods than in front of the TV anyhow. Before you go on assuming that all parents are only "concerned" because its Obama giving a speech you should think again. My childrens safety and well being mental and physical are my number one priority and I have given up a lot and sacrifice a lot to keep it that way. I think there are still many parent out there like me.
Its not about Obama, its about whats going to be pushed into their heads. And if any other president was addressing the students and I was unsure of his agenda I would be "concerned" as well. I believe we can thank Bush for paving the way for the mess were in now. Obama is just a puppet a well liked puppet. My kids school here in central Ga isn't sure if they will view it or not, I asked when they would know and they said they don't.

[edit on 9/3/2009 by concerned190]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Progressive Examiner

Title of the story - Big brother alert - sorry, but Obama's planned address to all the nations schoolchildren is creepy.

Before the speech, students are instructed to read books about Barack Obama. Teachers are asked to ask students “Why do you think he wants to speak to you?” referring to the President.

During the speech, students should think about the following “What is the President asking me to do?” and “What specific job is he asking me to do?” among other things.

After the speech, the questions that students should ponder include “Are we able to do what President Obama asks up to do?”

I’m sorry, but I don’t want the President of the United States asking or telling the kids of the United States to do anything. This isn’t 1950s China.

They've got to read books about Obama?

I'm sure those books dont' tell the truth about his lies or his nafarious underworld connections. I'm sure the books don't tell about Obama being in an anti-white cult for 20 years in Chicago.

:shk: 1950s China is right ...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join