It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blagojevich book takes aim at Rahm Emanuel, Valerie Jarrett

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I was reading an article on Blagojevich in his book, " The Governor," it seems that he and Rahm Emanuel spoke about whether it was possible to appoint a " Place Holder" to the congressional seat Emanuel was giving up so that he could win back the seat in 2010, and continue with his efforts to become speaker,

2010?

In hindsight it seems to me that Burris was exactly that, a place holder.

2010?

Everything is so contrived.

www.bloomberg.com...

[edit on 113030p://bTuesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
What the ex governor said may all be true, but I find it difficult to believe him because of everything he has done.

He needs to have more proof than he said-I said.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
blogs.suntimes.com...

Some highlights:

-- Blago says he was going to appoint Lisa Madigan to the Senate post.
"It had everything to do with me loving the people of Illinois."
How much does he loves Illinoisans? (The italicized question reappears throughout the 10th chapter). "Enough to appoint the daughter of my political nemesis if it meant I could achieve a lot of good things for the people." Blago says he talked about it with everyone from U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. "I decided to do it because the greater good would be served," Blago writes.
Blago says he wanted to draft Durbin or Rahm Emanuel to approach Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan about cutting a political deal. Lisa Madigan would get the Senate seat if Michael Madigan advanced Blago's legislative agenda.
"He's a very troubled and confused human being," said Steve Brown, spokesman to Michael Madigan. "This book is another testimony of that."

-- Rahm Emanuel: Blago says Rahm asked him after the November election to appoint a seat holder after Emanuel vacated his Congressional post. The conversation came after Emanuel agreed to act as President Obama's chief of staff. (Sun-Times reported this in December.) Blago says Emanuel believed he was in line to become House speaker and didn't want to give that up.
"Rahm understandably wanted to keep his options open if he could," Blago writes. "Rahm told me that his lawyers thought there was a way where the governor might be able to make an appointment."
It turned out Blago didn't have the legal authority to do it.
Blago said he "teased" Emanuel that if he did it, then Emanuel should "consider it a favor."
"Because if I helped him appoint a congressman who was going to keep the seat warm for him, then I was going to make a lot of people who wanted to be congressmen unhappy with me."
Including Blago's sister-in-law, Deb Mell.

-- In the fall of 2008, Marilyn Katz, longtime friend of Valerie Jarrett, who is now an adviser to President Obama, called Patti Blagojevich about having lunch. She reached out to ex-Blago chief of staff John Harris too about Jarrett's appointment to replace Obama.
Blago says of Jarrett: "I knew her and I liked her. But was this the best I could do for the people of Illinois?"

-- Blago refers to Chicago's Special Agent in Charge as "Agent Grant," and actually puts Grant on hold when Grant tells him he's got two agents outside his home ready to arrest him. Blago was calling ex-gubernatorial lawyer William Quinlan for guidance.
--Blago takes a shot at U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald and his role as a special prosecutor in the Scooter Libby case.
"The federal prosecutor had made such a big deal out of this investigation that the case became more about the prosecutor's own self-preservation than justice," Blago writes. "This same prosecutor is the one who accused me of trying to sell Barack Obama's Senate seat for personal gain."
He calls the accusation: "completely and entirely false."

Speaker of the house?

2010, interesting, Imagine Obama as president and Rahm as speaker.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
What the ex governor said may all be true, but I find it difficult to believe him because of everything he has done.

He needs to have more proof than he said-I said.

I understand jam, the fact people won't take him seriously makes it even better.

Got to think like a conspiracy theorist, lol

Great political drama though.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
One more for the road,

I have to ask is there anyone left that trust Rahm?

Anyone really like this guy?

[edit on 113030p://bTuesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I have to ask is here anyone left that trust Rahm?

I don't like him. I don't trust him? And I do feel he is playing a big role in telling Obama what needs to be done.

Maybe in 2010 we will know about his role once obama begins to get rid of disgruntled employees. Happens to every administration.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Maybe in 2010 we will know about his role once obama begins to get rid of disgruntled employees. Happens to every administration.

I hope someone is keeping track,

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
One more for the road,

I have to ask is there anyone left that trust Rahm?

Anyone really like this guy?

Not me Stormy! I'm not so sure that even Barry likes this guy, more likely he's intimidated by him. When you look up his brothers you realize the ruthlessness you see in Rahm is a family trait. His statements and actions are more like that of a "handler" than an aide.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Rham Emanuel is a snake, I wouldn't trust that guy as far as I can throw him. If he had dealings with Blago I am sure it was underhanded. Of all the creeps in the Obama administration Emanuel is the absolute worst of the bunch.

If you want the puppet master of this administration it's Emanuel. This is the same ilk as Cheney. Exactly the same.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

You know,I totally agree with you!

Whenever I first laid eyes on him (Rham Emanuel),the hairs on my neck stood up-lol-true.

I try to trust my instincts,but at the same time give people the benefit of the doubt..while trying not to assume too much.

Yeah,it's one hell of a struggle,but in the end my instincts almost never fail me.Almost.

Blago-I don't like him,but I don't think he's much more than a pansy who never had much power.Just wanted to play with the big boys is what I think.They must be counting on everyone thinking he's got some cheese sliding off his cracker

top topics

join