It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Christian Aid Stages Power Station 'Trespass'"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The Link

The "mass visual trespass" started on Friday night to mark the 100 day countdown to December’s UN climate change summit in Copenhagen. Images of Christian Aid supporters holding up climate justice messages directed at Prime Minister Gordon Brown were beamed onto a cooling tower at the E.ON power station in Ironbridge, Shropshire. These will be followed by a series of Mass Visual Trespasses targeting similar landmarks across Britain over the next four months.

Very cool idea.

Christian Aid is a Christian organisation that insists the world can and must be swiftly changed to one where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty.

We work globally for profound change that eradicates the causes of poverty, striving to achieve equality, dignity and freedom for all, regardless of faith or nationality. We are part of a wider movement for social justice.

We provide urgent, practical and effective assistance where need is great, tackling the effects of poverty as well as its root causes.
the link

Trespass No 1
Ironbridge power station, 28.08.09

Your climate message to Gordon Brown was spelled out in the boldest terms yet on Friday night as Christian Aid staged its first ever Mass Visual Trespass (MVT).

E.ON's Ironbridge power plant in Shropshire provided the stage as our campaign for climate justice moved up a gear.

As the light was fading, our intrepid team of campaigners made their way to within a few hundred metres of the plant before flicking a switch and beaming a slideshow of your video, photo and text messages onto the cooling towers. It was a truly impressive sight.
the link

Well I am impressed and happy to see that Christians are active in the campaign for protecting the environment, and not a moment too soon! I have always believed that protecting the Earth would be a major issue for Christians, sadly that was not commonly the case, at least here in the USA.

I am a new fan of Christian Aid, though I am not a Christian. Anyone, or group, that works for the betterment of humanity as this organization does deserves my support.

I really dig this 'virtual trespass' what a great way to send the message without 'actually' trespassing.

Keep up the good work Christian Aid!!!

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Animal]

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Animal]

new topics

join