It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President gets flu briefing, hosts Ramadan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

President gets flu briefing, hosts Ramadan

www.salon.com

In the evening, Obama is hosting a dinner celebrating Ramadan. The event in the State Dining Room will also highlight the contributions of American Muslims.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Working Link

[edit on 9/1/2009 by semperfortis]

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
OK.....so we can't even say the word 'Christmas' any more and have to use 'happy holidays' but it's ok for our president to celebrate Ramadan in our whitehouse? WTH his THAT all about?!?!

I think if we are going to be fair about this whole PC thing, we need to not have ANY religious holidays spoken of in the Whitehouse. Seperation of church and state and all that.

Double standards. Throw the bums out.

www.salon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Is it just me, or does it seem like all Obama has done since he's gotten into office is vacation, celebrate, drink beer and play golf?

Must be nice...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

I work for the state of Florida, and last Christmas we were instructed that we could not post any religious based decorations in the Public areas. It was fine in our own offices and such. My personal observation was that their little memo created an environment where almost every single office and door was decorated with "Christmas" items! People who may not have decorated at all, decided to exercise their right to display "Religious" items in their offices! It was quite a festive atmosphere!

All the PC stuff tends to backfire!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
That is real easy to answer.

The Bush family,... the Saudi royals....—and other rich and influential Saudi families [Khashoggi ] were naturally drawn to one another as they share similar ideologies and goals: the “new world order” which is to be governed and controlled by a small ruling class elite, That is, the “Brotherhood”.

In the 1960s, and certainly by the 1970s, they were all doing business together. However, in the case of the Saudis, that new world order will be a world-wide Islamic state, governed according to Sunni Wahhabi interpretations of Islam (15). Although that goal is not shared by the Bush-Wall Street-corporate elite, the Bush team and the Saudis are nevertheless willing to work closely together, to increase their wealth and their power, and to combat and eliminate common enemies and competitors for world domination .

Indeed, due in part to Saudi efforts, since the 1980s, Islam has become the fastest growing religion among Latinos in the Americas ....

Bush business partner and friend, Adnan Khashoggi, a Saudi billionaire oil and arms trader, admitted in a television-interview, that he funneled $5 million dollars to help finance arms shipments to the Contras who were terrorizing Nicaragua. In addition, the Sultan of Brunei — the richest man in the world — pitched in another $10 million. Let us recall that Saudi billionaire, Adnan Khashoggi, was providing millions of dollars to support the Contras, as was the Sultan of Brunei, and the royal family of Saudi King Fahd . brainmind.com...

In 1932 May 31, Standard Oil of California, discovered the 1st middle eastern oil discovered by an American firm. www.saudiaramcoworld.com...

In 1933 May, Saudi Arabia gave Standard Oil exclusive rights to explore for oil in Saudi Arabia. www.chevron.com...

Here is some interesting connections between David Rockefeller, Kissinger, the Middle East and "October Surprise" www.consortiumnews.com...

Everyone is aware of Waco and Ruby ridge and the "US reaction" to paramilitary types so why are foreign run camps who recruit ex-cons straight out of prison avoided by the US "terrorist watch"

Islamberg was established in 1980 by Sheikh Mubarak Ali Gilani, a Pakistani cleric...

“We give [students] specialized training in guerilla warfare. We are at present establishing training camps... in upstate New York or in Canada or in South Carolina or in Pakistan.” ... Gilani writes that the foremost duty of all students is to wage war against “the oppressors of Muslims.” The students are expected to sign an oath that reads: “I shall always hear and obey, and whenever given the command, I shall readily fight for Allah’s sake.”

Sporting ammunition belts, Gilani called upon members of a Black Muslim street gang known as Dar al-Islam (DAR) to take part in the holy war against the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan. Hundreds answered the call and headed off to training camps in Pakistan, which had been established by Osama bin Laden, and other members of the mujahadeen.

Under Gilani’s direction, the DAR transformed into Jamaat ul-Fuqra (“the community of the impoverished”) and continued its prison ministry under Muslims of the Americas, a new, non-profit corporation. The sheikh soon came to realize that it would be financially advantageous to train new recruits for the holy war on American soil rather than shelling out the freight of sending them to Lahore and Peshawar. He purchased a seventy acre parcel of land near Green Haven, set up a firing range and an obstacle course, purchased a slew of old single-wide trailers, and created a paramilitary compound called Islamberg. When released from the federal prison, former convicts now received not only the customary $10 and a suit of clothes but also a one-way ticket to Gilani’s compound.

[What I find truly frightening is this]
Islamberg resembles a ghost town.... Our sources have reported similar disappearances of young Muslim males from compounds and Islamic Centers across the United States and Canada.... [so where are they? Fighting US troops in Afganistan or here?]

www.jihadwatch.org...

Oh and as my Grandfather (Muslim) would tell you, if Obama had really become a Christian he would be called Barry not Barack the name change is an absolute MUST.

edit:
I forgot to mention the David Rockefeller Maurice Strong and Khashoggi connection. My how they are ALL in bed together, it must be getting a bit crowded.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by crimvelvet]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

I really appreciate the effort you put in to your reply, Cv.

It worries me a little bit that I'm becoming one of those guys that used to claim things that sounded ridiculous to me.

You make a good point that "barry" must be a little more Muslim than he wanted to let on when the election was at risk.

Is there such a thing as a 'closet Muslim?' Seems like that would be a crimme against the religion or something.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

This in no way indicts the man as a "Secret Muslim." Mr. Jesus-told-me-to-do-it Himself, George W. Bush, even sent out Ramadan greeting cards to Muslims. www.america.gov... Is it too much to ask that we attempt to be tolerant.

If anything, Barrack Obama was raised knowing both a Christian and Muslim heritage, and through his education was likely to have had exposure to Judaism as well. When you study the three major Western Philosophies/Religions you begin to see that we are all one people trying desperately to make sense out of this life. No one has it right, because we are but microscopic dust mites when compared to the vastness of the Universe itself.

Whether you believe: that Jesus Christ, is your Lord and Savior, the Divine Son of The Living God and was crucified, dead, and burried, and on the third day arose from the dead to forgive you of all your sins through his sacrifice, and those that believeth in him shall not perish from the earth, but have everlasting life in heaven; or that there is but One True God, Allah, and Muhammed is his Prophet blessed be His Name; or that the 12 Tribes of the Sons Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (later called Israel) are God's chosen people and have, as such, covenanted with the Almighty, and their Messiah is yet to come; or that following the middle path to enlightenment can help you transcend your earthly bonds as taught by the Buddha; or that through letting go of earthly desires you can achieve Karmic transcendence and at long last not reincarnate to this earthly realm, but ascend to the join Shiva in the divine union of the Godhead; or that the Flying Spaghetti Monster will save your soul, bless his noodly appendages, Ramen; IT DOES NOT MATTER. We're all stuck on this little blue marble looking for answers. Let go, and in the words of Bill Hicks, know that it is just a ride.

The world is like a ride at an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it, you think it's real, because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round and it has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud. And it's fun, for a while.

Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: 'Is this real? Or is this just a ride?' And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and they say 'Hey! Don't worry, don't be afraid -- ever -- because... this is just a ride.' And we kill those people.

'Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride! Shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry; look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real.' It's just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that -- ever notice that? -- and we let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter, because... it's just a ride, and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort. No worry. No job. No savings and money. Just a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy bigger guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one.

Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, into a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defense each year and, instead, spend it feeding, clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would do many times over -- not one human being excluded -- and we can explore space together, both inner and outer, forever. In peace.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
OK.....so we can't even say the word 'Christmas' any more

Really? Where do you live? Because here, it's perfectly legal to say the word anytime we want.

and have to use 'happy holidays'

Again... Really? Because I say "Merry Christmas" all the time. Well, around Christmas, when people greet me that way.

but it's ok for our president to celebrate Ramadan in our whitehouse? WTH his THAT all about?!?!

Well, he has celebrated Easter and hosted a Passover seder, too. I'm not sure I understand your position...

He's being inclusive. Bush did this very same thing a LOT.

Hosting his fifth Iftar dinner October 17 at the White House, President Bush spoke of the spirit and compassion of Islam and thanked the Muslims nations that have joined the coalition in the War on Terror.

Source

Did you whine and complain then?

I think if we are going to be fair about this whole PC thing, we need to not have ANY religious holidays spoken of in the Whitehouse. Seperation of church and state and all that.

Separation of church and state (and all that) doesn't mean getting rid of religion. It means that the government cannot make laws based on religion. I doubt any laws are being made at these celebratory occasions. The White House is a private residence.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Is it too much to ask that we attempt to be tolerant.

No...I don't think that it IS too much to try and be tolerant...what I DO think is too much, is hosting an event in the white house that caters to one religion. Any religion.

As much as I appreciate the 'freedom' to worship my creator as I see fit, I don't expect the president of the United States to be sending out invitations, greeting cards, reminders, or anything esle that promotes my brand of religion.

I find it especially disturbing that such an effort was made to present Barrack as 'Barry' for the United States when it was time to wrap him up in the flag and make him the president, but as soon as they got the suckers to vote for 'change' he's whoring himself out to the Muslims all over the world.

Since I believe in an almighty garbage can, why has the president of the United States NOT sent out invitations to my yearly Trashcannadan? I feel very discriminated against. I think that MY religious ceremony is just as valid, important, and worthy of presidnetial support as that of the Muslims.

He needs to stay the hell out of religios ceremonies when he is using OUR dime and OUR house to fund and host them.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

...what I DO think is too much, is hosting an event in the white house that caters to one religion. Any religion.

So, you want to call off the yearly White House Easter Egg roll?

I don't expect the president of the United States to be sending out invitations, greeting cards, reminders, or anything esle that promotes my brand of religion.

I don't think he cares what you expect.

I find it especially disturbing that such an effort was made to present Barrack as 'Barry' for the United States when it was time to wrap him up in the flag and make him the president, but as soon as they got the suckers to vote for 'change' he's whoring himself out to the Muslims all over the world.

Just like Bush did... and Clinton :shk: It's a real shame. Our presidents are whores.

Clinton's Ramadan Message

National Day of Prayer

George W. Bush made a point of holding events on the National Day of Prayer in each year of his presidency.[citation needed] However, Bill Clinton did not hold any such events during his time in office, and George H.W. Bush and Ronald Reagan each hosted special events for the day only once during their respective administrations.

Oops! I guess you'll have to share your country with the other religions in it.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Did you whine and complain then?

Thank you for interjecting your partisanship and obvious affiliations. I'm complaining and whining NOW. What does that have to do with THEN? Stay on target Luke.

The White House is a private residence.

Uh. No. It isn't. The whitehouse CONTAINS a private residence, but it is much more than that.

Today, the White House Complex includes the Executive Residence (in which the First Family resides), the West Wing (the location of the Oval Office, Cabinet Room, and Roosevelt Room), and the East Wing (the location of the office of the First Lady and White House Social Secretary), as well as the Old Executive Office Building, which houses the executive offices of the President and Vice President

The whitehouse is the OFFCIE where the president, the man WE elected, performs his JOB. It's a building that the American people paid for, the American people STAFF and the American people MAINTAIN through our taxation.

I can understand how we are so boned as a nation when the citizens believe that the whitehouse is a private residence, and as such, the guy living there, should be free to use it however he chooses.

You know, if Hussein wants to host a Ramadan thing, and Easter thing, A Passover thing in HIS BORROWED portion of the whitehouse, that should be fine.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
There has never been a federal law saying you can't say christmas. That is usually done locally to keep everyone happy.

Obama has already hosted a Sader, which is a jewish celebration.

he has also had the Gay Pride celebration and has visited the vatican.

Much ado about nothing.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Thank you for interjecting your partisanship and obvious affiliations.

I'm not a member of a political party. Never have been.

Stay on target Luke.

The whitehouse CONTAINS a private residence, but it is much more than that.

True. And this dinner is in the State Dining Room, which is a part of the Executive Residence.

The Executive Residence houses the president's home, as well as rooms for ceremonies and official entertaining. The State Floor of the residence building includes the East Room, Green Room, Blue Room, Red Room, State Dining Room, Family Dining Room, Cross Hall, Entrance Hall, and Grand Staircase.
Source

You didn't think he was going to host Ramadan in the Oval Office did ya?

You know, if Hussein wants to host a Ramadan thing, and Easter thing, A Passover thing in HIS BORROWED portion of the whitehouse, that should be fine.

Yes, it should be. That's why I can't understand why you're so upset.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Once again, another tired and overdone tactic used by the right to try to flame Obama.

you really need to turn your anger into something more productive.

And you wonder why your called racists. You question his birth status, you question his religion, you try to spell out muslims as if anyone being muslim is a bad thing.

And now they are even trying to say that Michelles mother is practicing voodoo.

Please stop wasting our time with this garbage and talk about something real.And get a grip.

If you asked Obama who he was he would probably tell you a mid-westerner. He obviously loves chicago.

His mother is from the mid-west. he chose to move there of all places to establish himself. He married a Chicago woman, and proably plans on staying in Chicago for the rest of his life. He is very proud of the city, like many good Chicagoans are.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Again with the stroll down memory lane...I don't care what Bush did...Either of them...I don't care what Clinton did....This isn't about them. If you can't stay in the present, maybe you could find a 'blast from the past' thread to comment in.

I don't think he cares what you expect.

Yeah, I think I have a pretty good grasp on the reality of THAT statement too. I really don't think he cares what ANYONE expects.

I don't agree with the use of public land, property or payrolls to endorse ANY religious event.

ANY RELIGIOUS EVENT. Perhaps I could say that again for you to let it sink in. I don't CARE if it's Ramadan, Easter, Passover, Trashcannadan. It doesn't matter.

The President of the U.S. has NO RIGHT to spend our tax dollars on endorsing or celebrating ANY religious ceremonies.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

The President of the U.S. has NO RIGHT to spend our tax dollars on endorsing or celebrating ANY religious ceremonies.

That's your opinion. Unless you can back it up. The presidents have ALWAYS celebrated religious holidays in the White House. They have every right. Yes, I'm talking about the past. Because it's clear that you have never had a complaint about this kind of thing until Obama did it.

Your purpose with this thread is clear: Make Obama look like a radical Muslim sympathizer. Well, you failed miserably. Because if he is, then the presidents before him have been, too. But it never occurred to you to lambaste them for it...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
While I agree in principle that the President shouldn't be hosting religious events in the white house, it's a fact of life that they have to pander to all kinds of different people and wacky religions.

Get over it. It's not a conspiracy. Obama is not a Muslim...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Once again, another tired and overdone tactic used by the right to try to flame Obama.

you really need to turn your anger into something more productive.

Hmm...maybe like planting my lips on his tookus?

And you wonder why your called racists. You question his birth status, you question his religion, you try to spell out muslims as if anyone being muslim is a bad thing.

Wow, I'm glad you got all that from my conversation. Are you calling me a racist? As far as I can tell, you are the first to bring race into this discussion. What does that make you? Being Muslim is only a bad thing if you lied about it to get elected.

And now they are even trying to say that Michelles mother is practicing voodoo.

Please stop wasting our time with this garbage and talk about something real.And get a grip.

I'm sorry if you don't share my disdain for the use of public facilities for the endorsement of religious ceremonies. But I am very glad that we all have the likes of you to keep us firmly grounded and enhance our 'grip' on what is real and what is not. Perhaps it would be fine with you if thhe Obama's hosted a Voodoo get together? Why not?

If you asked Obama who he was he would probably tell you a mid-westerner. He obviously loves chicago.

His mother is from the mid-west. he chose to move there of all places to establish himself. He married a Chicago woman, and proably plans on staying in Chicago for the rest of his life. He is very proud of the city, like many good Chicagoans are.

Yup. It's always good to be proud of one of the most notoriously violent and corrupt cities in the world.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I'm sorry if you don't share my disdain for the use of public facilities for the endorsement of religious ceremonies.

The dinner is in the EXECUTIVE RESIDENCE portion of the White House.

READ HERE

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

That's your opinion. Unless you can back it up. The presidents have ALWAYS celebrated religious holidays in the White House. They have every right. Yes, I'm talking about the past. Because it's clear that you have never had a complaint about this kind of thing until Obama did it.

Your purpose with this thread is clear: Make Obama look like a radical Muslim sympathizer. Well, you failed miserably. Because if he is, then the presidents before him have been, too. But it never occurred to you to lambaste them for it...

You're being completely ridiculous. How you could pretend to have any insight into what has actually 'ever occured' to me.

You're purpose is pretty clear as well. Defend the president at all costs. Although I agree with you in principle, I fail to see how trying to discredit someone's beliefs makes you any better than the 'evil Obama flamers' you're trying to rid the world of.

Maybe if you throw around a lot of labels, you can make people believe how right it is. Maybe if you can label me a racist, or a muslim-hater or anything else MSM has taught you to use when someone disagrees with Obama, then it will be ok to have one version of how things in this country ought to be.

You said so yourself. That's MY opinion....I don't HAVE to 'back it up.' It's an opinion.

'A radical Muslim Sympathizer?' Wow. I never said that, but I think I like it.
He IS pretty radical...and now that you mention it, he does seem to sympathize with Muslims...so I guess that makes THAT label pretty true.

Well, YOU have failed miserably, because in the end, he really doesn't care about you either.

I guess maybe I should just be like you.Maybe thhat would make it easier to swallow all of the bull.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join