It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence NASA may be looking for Nibiru

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I have never really paid much attention to Nibiru theories but I have read some of them and although I'm not an advocate either way, I find the topic interesting. A recent breaking news thread that Aggie Man posted, Infrared Eye to Help Search for Asteroids, really got my attention. That thread got zero attention from the ATS community because of the necessity to title it like the original news article and really, that one article wasn't the evidence I'm talking about anyway. The evidence is when you connect the dots and dig deeper into the original mission of this new Infrared Eye.

When I first saw Aggie Man's thread, I immediately thought of this thread: NASA can't keep up with killer asteroids where, we don't know where about 14,000 potential threat asteroids and comets the size of the Superdome are because of the lack of $800 million (with a M and not a B or T) over 12 years. At first, I thought that Aggie Man's article was NASA's solution to this problem, but then I read the following:

From Infrared Eye to Help Search for Asteroid:

NASA is preparing to launch an infrared telescope named WISE that could indeed live up to its name. Among its targets: dark asteroids that have slipped beneath the radar of an ongoing project to map objects larger than 1 kilometer that orbit near Earth.

Hunting asteroids wasn't in the original plan for the Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer, known by the acronym WISE, which arrived at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California this month for launch preparations.

So then the question - What were they looking for that was more important (obviously higher on their priority list because it was funded and built) than tracking 14,000 potential threat asteroids and comets the size of the Superdome? What was the original mission?

From an earlier NASA article (also courtesy of Aggie Man): NASA's WISE Mission Arrives at Launch Site

The mission will uncover the coldest stars, called brown dwarfs, perhaps even one closer to us than our closest known neighbor, Proxima Centauri, which is 4 light-years away.

To my uninitiated eyes, this certainly gives credence to stories that NASA knows something is out there and has prioritized their missions in this direction. Is it Nibiru??

UPDATE: Details/sources for this update is contained in my post on page 2, 2nd post.

NASA transferred funding from an already vastly-underfunded program (the NEO asteroid program) which experts (National Academy of Sciences) and Congress say “represent a very significant threat to life on earth” to a new program (the WISE program) which states as one of it’s objectives “uncover the coldest stars, called brown dwarfs, perhaps even one closer to us than our closest known neighbor”. The WISE program doesn't even contribute to the identification of asteroids in the NEO program even though that's how NASA justified transferring funds from NEO to WISE. In fact, WISE can't identify objects small than 3,000 meters.

Why would they transfer the funding to WISE from the NEO program? Do they think that finding a brown dwarf even closer to us than our closest known neighbor is more important than finding the near earth objects (representing a very significant threat to life on earth)? Yes, they do.

[edit on 1/9/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
[edit on 9/1/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Your picture's not showing up.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Your picture's not showing up.

yea I know im tryen to post them, sorry.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I have not read any of the links YET, but just right off the cuff,

IF TPTB already know about this brown dwarf and when it is due to strike then why waste the time looking for it?
I was always under sthe impression that TPTB already know about this 'Brown Dwarf'. It is supposedly in a dimension adjacent to ours and set to gradually step down into our visible spectrum within the next couple years.

This is why you hear so much talk about the Gov'ts of the world building the hell out of these underground bases.

So again, what do you think is the reason NASA wants to see something that they already know is coming?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Man I got some strange SOHO PICZ. that would be nice for you all but I cannot post them.

ok here they are dont know WHAT THEY ARE SHOWING DATING BACK TO 1998 ENJOY AND LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT THESE ARE

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I don't think NASA specifically looking for a specific object (i.e., Nibiru). I think they see the WISE as a funded way to look for a certain class of asteroids that may be hard to detect -- especially since they see shortcomings in they're current funding for the search for killer asteroids.

They know the program funding has shortcomings, and the WISE spacecraft will help ease those shortcomings by searching for a whole class of objects that can't easily be seen using conventional means -- thus easing the burden on the $800,000,000 killer asteroid program.

It seems pretty straightforward (and non-conspiratorial) to me.

Obviously they think there is a good chance these "dark asteroids" may pose a threat, hence the use of WISE. However, I don't think they KNOW a specific body object (such as Nibiru, as you say) is out there.

...and I don't think that just because NASA has funded the WISE project (while the asteroid people say their funding is inadequate) means that NASA must already know something....

What about all of the other projects that NASA is funding? Some people could argue that NO projects are a higher priority than looking for killer asteroids, so why are you picking out THIS particular project as the one that proves that NASA knows something about a specific rogue object that they are not telling us. There are many projects that are more adequately funded than the killer asteroid project.

It seems to me that the asteroid people need to state their case better so they could receive more funding from congress -- or they should have adequately stated their case for a bigger budget instead of the original $800,000,000 budget in the first place.

[edit on 9/1/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Please let me know if anyone can IDENTIFY THESE SUN OBJECTS.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Your images are small, but most of the SOHO pictures that show white dots with a short horizontal line running through the dot is simply a planet. The horizontal line is caused by a light overload in the camera sensor (i.e., the planets ore too bright). Comets are also visible,in some SOHO images. Sometimes a "flash" of light is seen in a spot in one image, but is not there in a subsequent image; these are cosmic rays.

Here's an image from SOHO in which you can see Mercury, Venus, Jupiter, and Saturn:
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

And here is a picture of two comets:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Hey Iamonlyhuman, I'm glad you started this thread. I meant to u2u you yesterday and tell you to go ahead with it, as if nothing else, NASA is virtually admitting that there is a possibility of a brown dwarf being nearer to us than our currently known closest brown dwarf. Which DOES give at least some credence to the....oh gawd, I'm gonna say it...Nibiru/2012 theory.

I hope that this thread stays constructive.

S&F

AM

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I've have been and, to a large extent, still am a PX doubter, but NASA's actions do make me curious, like this:

www.space.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Your images are small, but most of the SOHO pictures that show white dots with a short horizontal line running through the dot is simply a planet. The horizontal line is caused by a light overload in the camera sensor (i.e., the planets ore too bright). Comets are also visible,in some SOHO images. Sometimes a "flash" of light is seen in a spot in one image, but is not there in a subsequent image; these are cosmic rays.

Here's an image from SOHO in which you can see Mercury, Venus, Jupiter, and Saturn:

And here is a picture of two comets:

ok but the image moved in 6 days around the sun I will try and repost them from 7-10-09 to 7-16-09

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

so this last 1 is a planet which 1

If you cannot see the pics save them and then you can enlarge them or even better EMBED THEM THANX

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Hey Iamonlyhuman, I'm glad you started this thread. I meant to u2u you yesterday and tell you to go ahead with it, as if nothing else, NASA is virtually admitting that there is a possibility of a brown dwarf being nearer to us than our currently known closest brown dwarf. Which DOES give at least some credence to the....oh gawd, I'm gonna say it...Nibiru/2012 theory.

I hope that this thread stays constructive.

I think all NASA has has "admitted" is that there are asteroids that do not reflect a lot of light, and are therefore difficult to see using traditional asteroid-hunting methods. I don't see any this as any evidence that NASA is aware of a brown dwarf in the solar system....

...and "admit" is not the right word to use. "Dark" asteroids have been known to exist for decades -- there was nothing for NASA to "admit". Dark (or more accurately, "C-type") asteroids includes more than 75% of known asteroids and are extremely dark; they have and albedo of 0.03.

C-type asteroids are hard to see and make up most of the asteroids that exist -- including potential planet killers. I don't see how NASA's use of the WISE spacecraft to look for C-type asteroids is any evidence whatsoever that NASA knows a brown dwarf is approaching the Earth.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I think all NASA has has "admitted" is that there are asteroids that do not reflect a lot of light, and are therefore difficult to see using traditional asteroid-hunting methods. I don't see any this as any evidence that NASA is aware of a brown dwarf in the solar system....

...and "admit" is not the right word to use. "Dark" asteroids have been known to exist for decades -- there was nothing for NASA to "admit". Dark (or more accurately, "C-type") asteroids includes more than 75% of known asteroids and are extremely dark; they have and albedo of 0.03.

C-type asteroids are hard to be seen and make up most of the asteroids that exist -- including potential planet killers. I don't see how NASA's use of the WISE spacecraft to look for C-type asteroids is any evidence whatsoever that NASA knows a brown dwarf is approaching the Earth.

So this statement holds no significance to you:

The mission will uncover the coldest stars, called brown dwarfs, perhaps even one closer to us than our closest known neighbor, Proxima Centauri, which is 4 light-years away.

Now the way I read that is that NASA is not 100% certain that Proxima Centauri is our closest brown dwarf. Is there another way to interpret that? If so, please do explain. I promise I will not get defensive and try to shoot down your response, as I am not on the Nibiru bandwagon. Again, I only say that NASA admits the possibility of a closer brown dwarf. That's all.

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Proxima Centauri is not a brown dwarf, it is a red dwarf.

"Admits the possibility"? I guess you could put it that way but you could also just say that there is a possibility. A sphere of diameter 8.4 light years is a large sphere indeed.

There is no possibility that any object fitting the description of the mythical planet Nibiru exists.

[edit on 9/1/2009 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I understand that WISE was originally designed to look for brown dwarfs (and far off galaxies) -- even perhaps brown dwarfs closer the 4 LY away. Sure -- a close brown dwarf is certainly possible, but that's a known fact and not something that NASA needs to "admit".

Again...I think it's the use of the word "admit" that I disagree with in your post. "Admit" makes it sound as if NASA is hiding the possibility of the existence of brown dwarfs close to our solar system -- and they are not. The possibility of brown dwarfs close to our solar system has been openly discussed by NASA scientists for a long time now.

...all I'm saying is that NASA isn't admitting that a brown dwarf star exists within the confines of our solar system and they certainly are not admitting that one is on an orbital approach to Earth (such as the Nibiru story goes).

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Proxima Centauri is not a brown dwarf, it is a red dwarf.

"Admits the possibility"? I guess you could put it that way but you could also just say that there is a possibility. A sphere of diameter 8.4 light years is a large sphere indeed.

There is no possibility that any object fitting the description of the mythical planet Nibiru exists.

[edit on 9/1/2009 by Phage]

Sorry, the article called it a brown dwarf...so I went with it...It's from NASA, so why would I check a fact like that (rhetorical)?

admit:

v.intr.
1. To afford possibility: a problem that admits of no solution.
2. To allow entrance; afford access: a door admitting to the hall.
3. To make acknowledgment.
www.thefreedictionary.com...

So NASA has made acknowledgment (or afforded possibility) that there is a possibility of an undetected brown dwarf. And I agree with you that there is no evidence that Nibiru exists...but the possibility of an unknown brown dwarf nearer to us than Proxima Centauri is a possibility.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
ATS which planet is this???????????????????save it and enlarge it. IT HAS A BIG HOLE IN TOP OF IT AND ITS A PLANET????????????GOING TOWARDS THE SUN SOMEONE SMART LET ME KNOW.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

...all I'm saying is that NASA isn't admitting that a brown dwarf star exists within the confines of our solar system and they certainly are not admitting that one is on an orbital approach to Earth (such as the Nibiru story goes).

And that is the same stance I have. I do not believe that NASA has secret knowledge of a brown dwarf in our solar system. But they are looking for a reason. Why else mention that in the article referenced in the OP?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join