It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mythbusters Blocked From Revealing RFID Myths

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Because it will be used in place of cash.

More than 15 years ago there was a story in a local NYT affiliated paper about a EU woman waving her hand at a Walmart clerk asking to be scanned. The clerk said "We're not allowed to do that, YET."

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This is the best news ever.. WE CAN PROGRAM OUR OWN RFiD Chips when they are forcibly installed by the NWO.. Think of the possibilities..

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

So, RFID vulnerability or conspiracy must be more dangerous than rocket fuel and thermite!!

All they did is say "HOME HACKERS - UNITE!"

Bloody hell, hehe, how to kiss your own butt with your foot in your mouth, in style.

So RFID is *thats* touchy eh... god, its even revived my funkification of learning how things work ...

Groovy! Mythbusters incognito, I say!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Argh!!!! It's all "They never will, I wont let them, bananas bananas and ice cream.."

THE POINT IS - they seem to get pretty dicked at Jamie and Adam wanting to have a play.

And it wasn't because they were DOING so, but because they ASKED to do so.

How come none of you see the benefit of this?

You wanna really ruin RFID - get on it... there is obviously something they consider so inadequate that a complete block of study is required, yet so overlookable that you can get them to review if you're a pleb just buying the tech.

no? ??

Unless I missed a part of the y-tube vid, or the story - they had the ability to fiddle with these things, yet ONLY when they asked, was pressure over their entire group applied to stop it?

NOT ILLEGAL - just bad financially.

Oh man, this just screams for someone to get into and blog......

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I don't see anyone bringing this up so I will. If you read the article you will see that Adam restracted his statements the day after he spoke at last year's HOPE conference, mostly to eliminate Discovery as being shaken down.

And TI clarified that there was a conference call, questions were asked and answered and only one lawyer was present on behalf of a contactless paper company.

Lastly, Mythbusters was supposedly NEVER told that they couldn't air this.

Sounds like ATS has its own myth to bust. Was Mythbusters told by TI that they couldn't air this information. If not, then who did. Because the article makes it clear that the conference call did not go as Adam states in the video.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

How will you compete at your job or your university when everyone else is biometrically tapped into a wealth of information that you don't have?

A very interesting point. But this would be of one's own doing. If you completely throw out the idea that it solely for the purposes of evil (for arguments sake), then there is little to worry about as far as the actual technology goes.

So what are the options? Either way could be seen as an act of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Think about it like this, if the majority of people decide its a good thing and get it, and a minority of people refuse and turn themselves into some underclass, they will be unable to participate in the larger society. They have effectively given themselves less freedom. Not a pretty notion, but an accurate one I think.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by quackers

I totally agree, and that is the conundrum that will cause the majority to go ahead with "progress." I have been concerned about the "Mark" for 30 years, but even I am tempted by the prospect of super-human knowledge and capabilities!

This is exactly why I think *the chip will be voluntary for quite awhile (like Direct Deposit and Online Banking), *then it will be slowly required for many specialty applications (Secure Jobs, Health Professionals, Emergency Workers, Military). *Then it will be common enough to become the norm for all Government Workers, or receivers of Government benefits (like Direct Deposit, and Debit Cards). *Then it will become required to go to Public Schools or Hospitals (Like Vaccinations). *Then it will become standard at birth and nobody will complain (like Social Security Numbers)!!

At that point, no one will be able to be integrated into society without it, and to quote bible, Book of Revelation 13:17-18

The King James translates:[8]
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 1-9-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

For some reason the direct reason is 'unbelievable'...

He continues, "Texas Instruments’ account of their call with Grant and our producer is factually correct. If I went into the detail of exactly why this story didn’t get filmed, it’s so bizarre and convoluted that no one would believe me, but suffice to say...the decision not to continue on with the RFID story was made by our production company, Beyond Productions, and had nothing to do with Discovery, or their ad sales department."

I'd like to know more about the production company's motivation too.

However if you notice I did quote this in the OP, albeit without a direct reference but no one seems to have commented on it. I guess people are just assuming that it was some PTI (Power That Is) handing down orders??

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
All of this info is available online. Hacks, vulnerabilities, hardware etc. Google "PhreakNIC 2009 or 2008" look at Irongeek, Kn1ghtl0rd or lowtek mystik for more details. Hardware from ebay or Maplins. Instructions from above or similar hack sites. Naturally, I'm not advocating dumbass kids going out to do it. The point is that if an infosec techie can imagine it, a hacker can beat it within days or weeks of hitting the public....an inventive search can then find a board where the proof of concept is posted. Add to that human error and database vulnerabilities and people's IDs are as spoofable as ever...tin foil-lined pockets as well as hats

Iron Geek

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Quite scary to think it's that easy to hack into the rfid chip.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by and14263

unless the chip is in your head then you'd need a helmet or something.

WOOHOO I knew my tinfoil hat would come in useful someday, laugh at me now joe public !

Seriously though, they would have to kill me to get one of these things in me.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Let's say that the chip is 100% infallible, or at least a very low chance of tampering, is their still an issue? If society adopted it voluntarily, is there still an issue? I mean at some point not very many people used money, yet as time progressed everyone used money, in fact you can do very little without money. Is a chip that replaces hard cash any different in that respect if society itself decided it was practical?

Apart from the forced implementation, which doesn't really exists yet, and the vulnerabilities, which can be addressed, what is the argument against it? If neither of those were a factor, would you consider it?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

If you take away all the technological issues, I think you are only left with Religion!

If you are not concerned with the Mark of the Beast, then you probably won't see an issue with the chip! Some ATSers may see the potential for Satellite Tracking, or customized marketing (think Minority Report), but most of the populace won't have those concerns.

I think it boils down to a Religious issue at its heart! Personally I don't know how I feel about that aspect of it. My father believes 100% in the Bible Prophecies, and I have listened to him for about 4 decades, and he has been correct an awful lot of the time!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
reply to post by and14263

I haven't watched the attached youtube video but its quite simple why they won't do the episode in my opinion.

They simply won't air an episode that reveals technical vulnerabilities about a system used in payment, passports etc

Suppose it would be like airing a documentry on creating home made bombs...

What is worrying though is that RFID technology is that insecure and open to abuse.

The myth busters have routinely (and elegantly) dealt with issues like that in the past. They have shown bombs and said that the recipe is "secret" or they have just left out a crucial bit of information in order to avoid divulging sensitive information. Surely they would have done the same when it comes to RFID vulnerabilities.

-rrr

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I can see why it may be ok in a reasonable society. However giving the Government the power to turn off our ability to spend/do whatever the chip lets us do fills me with terror (well not terror at all but it sounded nice).

But yeah I guess it would make society 'run smoother', however for me I don't trust the motivations of the people implementing it.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers
Let's say that the chip is 100% infallible, or at least a very low chance of tampering, is their still an issue? If society adopted it voluntarily, is there still an issue? I mean at some point not very many people used money, yet as time progressed everyone used money, in fact you can do very little without money. Is a chip that replaces hard cash any different in that respect if society itself decided it was practical?

Apart from the forced implementation, which doesn't really exists yet, and the vulnerabilities, which can be addressed, what is the argument against it? If neither of those were a factor, would you consider it?

RFID will be debated until the day we all accept it. If it has an advantage to society as a collective (and it does), it will matter little whether it has drawbacks to small groups of individuals. The collective is more powerful than us, the collective is "they".

-rrr

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

That's okay I just did not want to miss the opportunity to share that with you.

If you want to read about the predecessor to the R.F.I.D. chip and Verichip, you need to read this :

IBM and the Holocaust: The Strategic Alliance Between Nazi Germany and America's Most Powerful Corporation

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c9c27969530.jpg[/atsimg]

The process started with the Nazi's paying I.B.M. to track down the Jews through the Census, meanwhile America was simultaneously having a Census, and through the subsidiary Demahog with the Hollerith Card Sorting Machine, I.B.M. assisted both America in taking its first Census and the Nazi's in taking one which lead to 6 million Jews and 5 million other assorted individuals in not every seeing the light of day again.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/338cc3d8b0fa.jpg[/atsimg]

What most people do not realize is that Verichip and Digital Angel are linked to the same or similar programs and projects through I.B.M. now today and that this continuation was allowed by our Government after WWII.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d0ab0bbc547.jpg[/atsimg]

These devices sure do remind me of those barriers set up in Wal-Mart for DVD theft that have the annoying alarm that goes off when the cashier forget to de-magnetize them, doesn't it?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3217db5a4826.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
instead of blocking the truth why dont' they just make a better product..

Do we just make #ty stuff and cover it up all the time or what?

I'm beginning to think so.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I didt't know MythBusters were going to do conspircies on their show

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTracker66

Yeah they've already done the moon landing and if I'm not mistaken some form of the JFK conspiracy. Pisses me off that these bastards are telling them they can't do this. More evidence of what TPTB are doing and how.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join