It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone near the California fires?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I'm in the UK but i have been watching the fires on the news.

Just wondered if anyone here was affected by this? I know we discuss SHTF situations all the time here, but i wouldn't wish something like this on anyone.

My thoughts are with those dealing with this.

CX.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
the one in auburn is pretty close to me, my grandma got mandatory evacuation sunday

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by patrickhatch
the one in auburn is pretty close to me, my grandma got mandatory evacuation sunday

My mates got a place out in the San Fernando Valley, hope it's ok there...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
i live next to these fires year after year.
in fact i see little bits of ashes falling on my sill right now.
miraculously, i have never been hit directly from these fires and i consider myself lucky.
Honestly these fires are a scary thing when you think it could be coming near your property, but i've somewhat (unforturnately) become a little used to it. I just hope for the best.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
i'm in apple valley ca. 50 miles ne of L.A. as a crow flies. i'm out in the desert so no worries of the fire itself. the smoke from these fires has been
herenduos .most of the time high winds are associated w/ ca. wild fires. so the smoke is blown off right away. no wind involved at all, is kinda strange.
just enough breeze blowing all the smoke out here to us, where for the past three days, it just settles and hangs around. last night was the third night in a row, we've had this brilliant orange moon. not so spooky or anything as just wierd looking. never seen the smoke just hang around like this though. live from so.cal, ATS news.
i just had to through that in.i don't know.

new topics

top topics

join