It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Playing The Dice Man

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Here is an interview with the author from The Independent (I bookmarked it awhile ago when I ran across it while looking for something else), you might like it...It's like (to me) he is not a holy man on one hand, nor a poser on the other (both are good), he is the trickster (also good), half-and-half in between...Luke Rhinehart: Throw and tell

...two of the truisms of The Dice Man are that anybody can be anybody, and - this truth above all - fake it.

I'm all about "anybody can be anybody" but if you really go for that one you come to find out it is not exactly completely true...but you can push it so far it's almost true...pretty much true...

Interview says he lived by the dice for 20 years and gets fan letters from actual practitioners...I bet he gets hella psycho fan letters, I would love to read that material...

[edit on 1-9-2009 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by uk today

I dunno.... maybe it could work until you've conquered all your fears and then you'd have to change the outcome of the dice just to do something else randomly... it's all about random choice, random chance....

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

There is an entire philosophical/psychological theory called "Fake it till you make it." It can be hugely successful, and I personally know of several success stories! I think it falls in line with the Diceman's theory! It also corresponds well with Sun Tsu and Game Theory!

When you feel vulnerable project strength! Act like the person you want yourself to be. Project confidence at all times, be decisive, be bold, be forward.

There is no better way to overcome shyness or inferiority than acting boldly! It sounds difficult, but it really isn't if you are "acting." The more you act, the easier it becomes. There is always the danger of entirely flipping your personality though, and becoming someone you don't like anymore! So, I only recommend "Faking It" as a temporary exercise while you work on fundamentally changing your outlooks.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

Thanks for the link..... it says in his book (well, the later releases) that he got mail from followers of the dice!!

So it made a comeback in 2003.... i thought about bringing it up for a Film but looks like Paramount own the rights.... wonder why no film has been made yet.... do you think it would make a great film?

There are some films which just aren't right after being taken from books!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join