It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Man Says He Has Mythical Chupacabra

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

A man living north of San Antonio says he has quite the animal sitting in his freezer -- and it may be a mythical chupacabra.

Jerry Ayer, a teacher at the Blanco Taxidermy School in Blanco, Texas, told TV station KSAT that he's never seen anything like it.

"Different, that’s for sure, very interesting," said Ayer.

The find comes amid a number of strange sightings in the area. The animal is gray in color with leathery, hairless skin and large fangs.

"The front legs seem to be a little bit longer than a typical coyote, very irregular and never seen any that have legs like that," said Ayer.

Similar animals have been spotted across the country and deep in South America.

"I don’t know what to call it, I'll just call it a chupacabra too," Ayer told KSAT.

Click2houston.com

I rarely post in this category, but I thought this story might interest some of you. My personal opinion is that the sightings of a creature like this are too frequent in south Texas for there not to be something strange roaming around. I think most likely it is a misidentification or at most a new subspecies of common animals. At least this man seems to want to share his find with the public even though the article shows no photos.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Its all speculation until we get some video or pictures, and some biological samples. Until then this is basically worthless to me.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
It's a mexican hairless dog. They look both ways when they cross the street.It could also be a goat sucker if it's hungry enough

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I've always liked the chupacabra, and others, but It may be doused with skepticism quickly and well maybe factual arguments, and dna testing.

He might be on to something, would be quite cool if it was wouldn't it!

Hope we got some vids or pics.

Have to look into how he 'caught' this?

"It got into his cousin's barn and they thought maybe it was a rodent tearing things up, and they had no idea since they’ve never seen it," said Ayer. "He got out some poison, and this is what they got the very next day."

Aw, heres how, poison, kill s things that find it a poison!

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

The article says that a taxidermy student of this man left poison out when he thought a rodent of some type was getting into his barn at night. The next day the student found this corpse and took it to his teacher for identification. I agree with all of you that the lack of a photo almost makes this a non-story, however, this man plans on giving his find over to a museum, which I believe gives his story some credence.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cameoii
reply to post by Republican08

The article says that a taxidermy student of this man left poison out when he thought a rodent of some type was getting into his barn at night. The next day the student found this corpse and took it to his teacher for identification. I agree with all of you that the lack of a photo almost makes this a non-story, however, this man plans on giving his find over to a museum, which I believe gives his story some credence.

Well for the museum, I figured at first, well good, but then wondered if he expected money... which is a root of foul things.

I hope it's a good story at the least.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I've found that most of the Chubacabra stories describe large rats. Either short grey fur, or grey skin, running on 4 legs but sitting upright on 2, hands similar to humans, big teeth, nocturnal, aggressive, reflective eyes...

Maybe those giant mexican rat stories are true.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Rodents of unusual size? I don't think they exist.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Vipassana

Ummm, above the article... there is a tab... that says.... video........

If you want a video, why don't you try watching the one that is already there?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Just as i thought it would be, A canine probably a Coyote with severe Mange........Oh well.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
That must of been a strong poison to kill a animal on the spot. Usually the poisons are slow acting and the animal would leave and die some where else. I could be wrong but I dont believe your average joe would be able to optain such a fast acting poison.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I think this is old news. I believe it was even on MonsterQuest. It turned out to be a dog or coyote, I forget which.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Yeah I just watched the video.
I say Coyote with mange. The exposed skin being sunburned turning it dark.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
"Chupacabras" are almost always (if not always, always) coyotes with mange.

I almost think we should just put a cap on it and redefine the word Chupacabra from evil, scary cryptid, to Coyote with Mange.

Almost. But I've seen a few other "Chupacabras" before. Usually they're the carcasses of small primates. But I've never seen anything match what I THOUGHT a Chupacabra might look like.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

No, but a taxidermy student would have access to a slew of dangerous chemicals meant for preserving different body parts. Some other household chemicals could make canines go into severe shock, have heart problems, seizures, neurological problems... I would say an average joe could do it in a few hours or less.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Monster Quest has done an episode on these animals. There DNA is that of a dog, but they could not explain the mutation of some of them.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

I felt very bad for this dog/coyote. It must have been a terrible death. However, I don't know why they are calling it a Chupacabra because it looks like a coyote/dog to me. It may have some distinct features that are uncommon to the known breeds but there are many variations of breeds depending on the gene pool.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by Cameoii

Monster Quest has done an episode on these animals. There DNA is that of a dog, but they could not explain the mutation of some of them.

Was the DNA mutated? Or are you talking about their physical appearance? So far as I know, they are dogs with normal canine DNA. The physical appearance is due to mange. I do not believe that there is any physical evidence to suggest otherwise.

Just my 2-cents

BTW, I live in Texas and I also have a chupacabra in my possession. I got it at a truck stop in Amarillo. It was on the shelf right next to the jackalopes.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Actually Monsterquest discovered that they had canine DNA, but were not exactly a dog. Just another, so far unknown member of the canine family. A mutation or relative.

They look like a cross between a coyote and kangaroo. Short front legs, and they run in a kind of bouncing motion. They also have irregularly large canine teeth.

If I remember correctly, that is one of the bodies they tested.

They also proved that they weren't missing hair i.e they didn't have mange.

Their skin was meant to be that way.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by fooffstarr]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Depends on what you mean. There is the American chubacabra which looks invariably to me, like a large rat, and act by description the same way.
Then, there is the Mexican chubacabra, which is in their 'legends', and looks like a black gargoyle demon and sounded metal when it was shot!

2 different things I think. Like lake monster vs sea serpent.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join