It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we want contact soo much?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I myself love aliens, ufos, stories, area 51.

But i want to know why do we want to make contact soo much? Why do we dream about the day they finnally land.

Is it a primitive instinct? Or is it because we are all part of the universe together, its like wanting to meet a long lost brother or a family member you havent seen for ages.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I think its so we know that we are not alone. not necessarily looking to find someone, as you put it, a family member youve lost touch with.

I think we are scared that we might be alone, we want reassurance that this isnt it.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

I agree. It sort of gives us a feeling of something more.... that the universe is more that it seems.....
I mean, there are billions of stars in our galaxy, all with possible planetary systems like ours with possible life on it......
AND THAT'S JUST OUR GALAXY!!! THERE ARE BILLIONS MORE!!!!
Y wouldn't you want to come into contact with them????

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I think at the base it's like this.

If you've ever been to jail, then you'll like this.

Your in the cell, (holding cell per se) and you can't see anyone else, and you feel awfully alone, and at the same time, scared of what happens, when you get a cell mate, if you will at that.

Now, you've been in this jail cell for quite some time, now you've died, and miraculously for arguements sake, had children, miraculously at that! Now these children have children, always wondering about, what's outside this jail cell, you can see other cells, but noone is in them, you can see places to go, but can't open the door.

Now the earth is our jail cell, and only recently have we slightly pushed the door to get to the moon.

A slight touch in comparison to the moon.

Now, for other then the fact of wondering, if we truly our, lucking sons of bitches to have had life! On here alone.

That we also would like a guiding hand, to help us out, see what we need to see, to give us the boost, to win the big lotto.

Some think contact may bring world peace, or a escape from mundane society, and it may do just that.

But as for now... we're all alone, and if there is a being out there, they want it that way... for now.

At essence, we want a reaffirmance of our existence and the answers to all the questions we have.

For me... i'd like to see what kind of cell phones they have. lol

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Originally posted by Republican08
I think at the base it's like this.

If you've ever been to jail, then you'll like this.

Your in the cell, (holding cell per se) and you can't see anyone else, and you feel awfully alone, and at the same time, scared of what happens, when you get a cell mate, if you will at that.

Now, you've been in this jail cell for quite some time, now you've died, and miraculously for arguements sake, had children, miraculously at that! Now these children have children, always wondering about, what's outside this jail cell, you can see other cells, but noone is in them, you can see places to go, but can't open the door.

Now the earth is our jail cell, and only recently have we slightly pushed the door to get to the moon.

A slight touch in comparison to the moon.

Now, for other then the fact of wondering, if we truly our, lucking sons of bitches to have had life! On here alone.

That we also would like a guiding hand, to help us out, see what we need to see, to give us the boost, to win the big lotto.

Some think contact may bring world peace, or a escape from mundane society, and it may do just that.

But as for now... we're all alone, and if there is a being out there, they want it that way... for now.

At essence, we want a reaffirmance of our existence and the answers to all the questions we have.

For me... i'd like to see what kind of cell phones they have. lol

Well said. But sometimes you cant see the other jail cells. Sometimes you hear the odd noise. You want a cellmate, someone to talk to, share stories, but your scared of what that cellmate could turn out to be.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

That was a weird analogy...
But I think its because people know there are other forms of life out there, but they just want confirmation that there is!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Songwriter

That was a weird analogy...
But I think its because people know there are other forms of life out there, but they just want confirmation that there is!

It was quite an odd one, but I thought fitting.

The jail cell scenario can fit many things, I guess for a prisoner, with severe myopia, looking out of a foggy and severely scratched small window

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Easy.

Humanity has made and is making a complete hash of running our planet and providing fairness for all humanity.

People tend to feel that if the ET's have managed to progress as far as they have, they would have had to advance socially too. Humans simply hope that the ET's will deliver the kind of life for us, that human government around the world consistently fail to deliver.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
Easy.

Humanity has made and is making a complete hash of running our planet and providing fairness for all humanity.

People tend to feel that if the ET's have managed to progress as far as they have, they would have had to advance socially too. Humans simply hope that the ET's will deliver the kind of life for us, that human government around the world consistently fail to deliver.

But do we deserve such knowledge, if we can't figure it out ourselves?

There are so many things, that can throw the earth into complete hell at any moment, and we seem to elegantly bypass and ignore the threat.

Mainly, and surprisingly enough, because "There isn't enough money for it". Yeah, go figure. Not enough money to save the world...... my head exploded momentarily from hearing Kaku say that.

I don't see the has on the world as being 'so' wrong, sure it's wrong, but every other blooming and up and coming societal places in the universe, must of gone through the same thing no?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

Mainly, and surprisingly enough, because "There isn't enough money for it". Yeah, go figure. Not enough money to save the world...... my head exploded momentarily from hearing Kaku say that.

That statement just makes me utterly disgusted. The fact that people will put money before lives, and make it seem like "this is the reason we can not do it" is plain selfishness and horrific.

But, as far as the topic goes,

I think that we may be here on this planet, searching, hoping, and wondering for some thing to make sense of it all. What ever form it may come in, or idea it carries with it, I think that we are out looking for The Truth. And maybe the depths of space will be spectacularly and miraculously holding this answer to many of the worlds questions and solutions to many of the world's problems in it's large palms.

I honestly would not regret it if I spent the rest of my life searching for such a thing.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
For me it's because I have always known they were here and I want others to finally see that as well. They are part of us in away since we share the Universe with them and this planet as well. We should know the truth! We have been lied to and made to think those who mention ET's are crazy quacks and this is not the case. There is so much stuff out there that just cant be denied and yet it is! It really angers me sometimes but I have learned to just deal with it. I know they exist and you can call me names all you want I dont care! I sure hope they come in my lifetime so I can see my friends and families faces and hear their apologies for the crap I always get..

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by undefy.gravity

I honestly would not regret it if I spent the rest of my life searching for such a thing.

This, is probably the only thing I hear rarely, that makes me think "aha, the world isn't so #ed up as I thought it was"!

I as said before, would spend my life homeless, with only a telescope and all the free time, looking for earth destroying asteroids. No problem at all with it.

Maybe some side money for hookers, refers to maslow. lol

But above all, I'd be willing to give my life for future generations undoubtedly.

UDG, it's sad, we can't purchase enough people and equipment for nasa to look for earth destroying asteroids, and as Kaku said, that the amount of amateur astronomers out there looking for them, could fill a mcdonalds dining room, just one of them.

Assuming all of average weight, not by USA standards though lol.

It's not selfish or horrific, it's #ed up at the basis.

It's like investing all your money in a bank, that says to you, ''if we're robbed, you get no money back at all'', of course it's stupid to invest, you say how much can I pay to get it secured, they say well, a small portion, you then say NO! I will not. lol
Bad anology but it's late.

If we're to survive we must look for another cell, before ours gets set on fire.

Glad to know other people feel the same as well.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
For me it's because I have always known they were here and I want others to finally see that as well. They are part of us in away since we share the Universe with them and this planet as well. We should know the truth! We have been lied to and made to think those who mention ET's are crazy quacks and this is not the case. There is so much stuff out there that just cant be denied and yet it is! It really angers me sometimes but I have learned to just deal with it. I know they exist and you can call me names all you want I dont care! I sure hope they come in my lifetime so I can see my friends and families faces and hear their apologies for the crap I always get..

I think that purely, anyone who calls you a quack or whatever for thinking ET exists, just simply don't know enough, now i'll bad mouth religion and such, but find alot of info on ET. And just can't simply ignore it, it needs alot of attention, and that attention just boggles for more!

I really hope this generation sees ET too, not like all the others that didn't, hopefully ours will be the one!

But then again, we haven't even seen the end of racism, sexism, religionism (I may be a part of this
lol ) reverse sexism, reverse racism, reverse religionism. And that almost everyone thinks their above average intelligence!

We have much to go through, a lifting arm would do wonders.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I always imagine first contact as exciting at first but as the first initial shock wears off it'll be pretty boring and uneventful, just like the rest of life

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
There are those of us who do not need any contact.. They believe in the existence of a being that is not of this world and have nothing but blind faith. Their forms of 'contact' are seen in many ways so they are content with that.

Then there are those who don't really believe in anything but themselves and money and don't really have much interest in anything outside their bank account..

For those of us who tend to shy away from these two 'realities' we have been asking questions from a young age. Others witness something that they can't explain and search for a meaning. Sometimes the only explanation they can afford themselves is that the answer must come from beyond this planet.

Curiosity is the most important factor, I feel, for anyone who is interested in contact. I don't need contact to prove the existence of other life forms from other places. I know it exists. Our own history shows how we have explored and met many races here on Earth, so it stands to reason that space exploration will reveal the same.

I welcome contact though, as it would settle the score for me. Definite proof that I am correct in my own thinking and ideas.

People like Eric Von Daniken have opened the eyes of many in regards to the possibility of other forms of life visiting us here many thousands of year ago. Many wonder why we are playing the waiting game? Why has this contact not been established for a far longer period.

If the structures around the globe reveal evidence to their existence then it seems that they were here long enough to establish something quite remarkable.

It may be that we have already had the contact we seek, we have just forgotten or ignored the facts and history, or other examples are being kept from us in many ways.

Contact now would answer this question you pose in many different ways for many different people.
Abductees may realise they are not mad or crazy.. Missing people may be returned. New technology to 'save' us from this pit we are in may be obtained. A new beginning of thought bringing on an expanded mind for all Humanity may come about... The idea of contact would enlighten many minds and answer many questions..

If contact happened today, then the next question we would be asking would be "Are there any others apart from this group"?
We will always have questions which lead us to explore and learn and expand... and that is why we seek contact.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Around a month ago I suddenly found interest in the UFO / ET phenomenon.
To be honest I am not sure where the interest come from but now I feel completely compelled and addicted to find as much information as I can and am now completely fascinated and addicted by the subject!

It maybe because I recently reached the age of 42 and the thought that life maybe so much more different than we / I are lead to believe totally fascinates me. As for actual ET contact, I feel almost all would be shocked by it even if we have come to believe they are here, I think it will be a natural shock to the natural mind how ever much you believe in them, but for me personally I would like contact in my life time and feel that its not that far away.
I have even set up my own forum which doesn't really have any members but is mainly used as my online diary.
Cheers
mrix

[edit on 1-9-2009 by mrixxx]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
i want contact for the following reasons...

break the elite's control over us by the release of amazing technologies

no more working a pointless job in advertising

no more money and the end of fake scarcity

no more deaths in the family from cancer or heart disease

space travel

i want to see the mars face close-up

time travel possibly, the answers to many questions from historic events

learn more about what happens to us after death

and finallly, just to know that we arent alone in the universe

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
i want contact because i've always thought when they're here, we gonna have ourselves a really big war against them. as i grow older, war changed to them eating us. as i got even older i still think they are going to eat us.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I'm reminded of a few sayings; "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

"You are your own worst enemy"

I think we're in denial of a lot of things, especially; Denial

"You're damned if you do and you're damed if you don't"

"When in doubt; DON'T"

I don't know. Maybe we think we have parents out there watching and somehow know it?

Family reunion?

[edit on 1-9-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
because it will change the way we look at ourselves and the planet

and skeptics will no longer be able to rant `cgi swamp gas` and the like

i do think that contact will be far more positive than negative

we need contact fast

top topics

<<   2 >>

join