It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV flickers and Router busted.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Hey guys, I have this fast question for you..

The last three days now, the TV has been and is still flickering, and yesterday the power went out here, not just a fuse in my appartment, but, the entire area with about 3500 appartments, and when the power came back ca. 15 mins later, I noticed that my router aint working..

Is this a local thing or is it solar activities ???
I have called my electricity suppliers, and they say nothing is wrong...

And, I left my hammer out on the varanda(?) last night, and it is really rusty like.

It is probably nothing, it is just that I saw the movie Knowing, and the TV flicker is very similar to that !

I added pictures of the Hammer, I have some time on my hands !!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ffaa6dd92f1.gif[/atsimg]

As you see here, the rust was dripping from the hammer !!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1699d7982898.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 1/9/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Humidity causes rust, so if you live in a humid area---yup---over night will do it.
TV and router? Well, I live in an area with erratic power, and after losing equipment a few times, invested in surge suppressors for my entertainment equipment and a filtered UPS for my main computer.
If you are using a cable router for TV and internet, I would assume the problem may be there---if your neighbors have the same problem, maybe some drunk ran into your local junction box.
Seriously. I had one connection that would get erratic every spring and fall, but by the time (usually a month or so) someone came out to check it, it was all right. It took 4 years until a repairman showed up at the right time to trace it to a junction box 4 blocks away, covered in weeds, that had been run over. When the weather changed in the spring and fall, the wires would expand or contract just enough to short out for a few hours a day when the sun hit it "just right".

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gotrox

Yea, the internet is very unstable too, Im sitting with an 26Mbit and it is slow as jacksh....

I take it this is ISP problem !!!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Gods! 26 MB.
I would be happy with 1/10th of that, but the best I have been able to get was 1.5 Mb on a satellite, and now limping along on a 512 Kb connection.
At least you live where a service tech will show up.
Here in the middle of no where it takes weeks.

No solar activity to speak of, so it must be a connection issue----or one of your neighbors is seriously downloading, as cable bandwidth is shared.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gotrox

I know that cabales are shared, I call them up and tell them to f¤%k'n stop the Dload !

I think its is a scam, think if 100 apartments in my local area pays for the larges line, and all of us must share the line speed but pay for the full line speed, if you know what I mean..??

It is like you and I buy an Ferrari each, but there is only one Ferrari so we must share it, sounds idiotic, right !

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Definitely invest in surge protection my friend.
I knew a guy who lived out in the stix here in England, and he has had very similar problems, replacing toasters/fridges/computer components due to surges when the power is put back on.
I would speak to your neighbours and see if they have similar problems?
My friend who i spoke of, recieved compensation from the electricity provider for some failed equipment.
And whom may i ask have you been bludgeoning with your hammer? lol

But on a serious note! a workman is only as good as his tools!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by matt86

For a few $$ more, a UPS would be recommended for the expensive electronics, but at least a surge suppressor for the stuff you don't want to get toasted by a spike or drop.
Even in places with good power, I wouldn't be without a few of them.

new topics

top topics

join