It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Totalitarianism a definition - America caught in the vice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Tell me this isn't where we are at.

Totalitarianism (or totalitarian rule) is a political system where the state recognizes no limits to its authority and strives to regulate every aspect of public and private life wherever feasible. Totalitarianism is generally characterized by the coincidence of authoritarianism (i.e., where ordinary citizens have no significant share in state decision-making) and ideology (i.e., a pervasive scheme of values promulgated by institutional means to direct the most significant aspects of public and private life).

Totalitarian regimes or movements maintain themselves in political power by means of an official all-embracing ideology and propaganda disseminated through the state-controlled mass media, a single party that controls the state, personality cults, control over the economy, regulation and restriction of free discussion and criticism, the use of mass surveillance, and widespread use of state terrorism.

en.wikipedia.org...

Белая Армия, черный Барон

Koniggratzer Marsch

[edit on 1-9-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Tell me this isn't where we are at.

I truly wish I could.

Try and tell people this, though, and you might as well try clapping with one hand. TPTB are psychopaths, the evidence is everywhere yet people don't want to see it. They don't want to hear it. Sad state of affairs nowadays.

join