It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The biggest questions ever asked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This is discussed here on ATS many times and I think there is no one answer to these questions. We must present conceptual thinking in science. While many current issues in science are based on simple ideas, the elucidation of scientific mechanisms that explain diverse aspects of life, reality and free will is challenging.

We celebrated New Scientist magazine's 50th birthday by asking some of science's leading lights to explore the biggest questions of our time, including:

■What is reality?
■What is life?
■Do we have free will?
■What happens after you die?

Source: www.newscientist.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Not to sound rude, but is there a certain thing you're going after in this thread.

Second line if the first one doesn't make it.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Not to sound rude, but is there a certain thing you're going after in this thread.

Second line if the first one doesn't make it.

I am not acutally going after anything, and the second line, are you talking about conceptual thinking? It is very much there on ATS.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

Got to register before I can read your link.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I think mr. Sunny might have copied a wrong link. It's a direct link to the registration form, not a redirect.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
■What is reality?
■What is life?
■Do we have free will?
■What happens after you die?

I can answer these. In my own context.

1. Reality is what you perceive it to be.
2. Life is what you make of your existence.
3. Everyone has free will.
4. You lose blood pressure, your brain still sends what little signal it has left to your nerves for about 8 seconds, you release one last breath. Then, no one really knows. Although, I just recently talked to GreatestSacrifice, and he said everyone goes to the same place. He has cancer and has had many NDE's. I guess you believe what you want.

top topics

join