It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Crystal skulls found! Coast to Coast 20 Aug, 09.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Listen to this, they found all 13 crystal skulls in mexico, dating back to 36,000 years old! can you say Atlantis?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
How cool is that...I have no idea what these skulls are supposed to signify other than they are old.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Mayan prophecy. Few other old civilizations as well.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Haven't heard about that discovery. Got any other articles/links that talk about discovery?

Here some info on some of the skulls previously found.

Skulls

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Hi All

I was just watching a doco on the guy who owns the mitchel-hedges skull and how he believed they all needed to be found before 2012. I didnt realise they were all found soo quickly!

Nice find

have the best day

themuse

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
So... when there all combined, does the world end, or someone becomes superman!

What's suppose to 'happen' now?

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
No link? I would love to read this for myself, I am a bit confused though because some of the skulls have already been found and in the possesion of people in different areas, were those included or have they been said to be fakes? INFO please!

edit to add: sorry, I know you have a youtube video, I cannot view those from my work computer, can you provide any other link for this info?

[edit on 1-9-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Wow! So Drunvalo was right, perhaps. They Maya are going to use them to restore their ancient memories. This is really fascinating!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I can't remember where I may have read or heard this but as I understand it there was a legend they all contained ancient knowledge and they would all be gathered and brought together when mankind was ready for the information they hold.

I also seem to recall watching a television show about them at some point and they said that most (or possibly all) of the skulls that are believed to be authentic are made out of some type of material that we use today to store information. Don't quote me on any of it though, it's been a long time since I've done any research on the crystal skulls.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Photogallery of Crystal Skulls

www.secretofthecrystalskullsmovie.com...

Man, would I like to find one of those.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I believe I heard the skulls were made from a silicon based material like our computer chips. Would love for it to be true, but not holding my breath.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

looked pretty neat.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

scienceray.com...

There ya go! that tells some about it, it says they found 8, the other 5 are apparently in possession of people? no idea what the complete story is.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
So... when there all combined, does the world end, or someone becomes superman!

What's suppose to 'happen' now?

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Republican08]

Yeah, pretty much. The portal from the end of Indiana Jones 4 re-opens and all the Soviets that got sucked up at the end of the movie return with alien technology to enslave us.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Lasheic]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

We heard from Mayan Day-Keeper Hunbatz Men that crystal skulls had once been used in many of the sacred sites around the world. Several had been placed in the temples of the ancient Maya, and one he believed had once been kept at Stonehenge. According to indigenous elders such as Hunbatz Men the time has now come for the sacred crystal skulls to be returned once again to the sacred sites where they were first kept so as to ‘re-awaken those sites so that the right energies can go out into the world’. Hunbatz believes that, as prophesied by the ancient Mayan calendar, with the help of the crystal skulls, ‘indigenous people will now take the lead in showing the way for the benefit of all of humanity’

www.thecrystalskulls.info...

i hope they can get them all together and use them to do some good in the world!!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

ScienceRay has absolutely NOTHING to do with science. It should be obvious to anyone who noticed "Username" and "Submit an Article", that's a user-content publishing front-end. You post what you want, they distribute, and you get a cut of the ad revenue.

I am NOT accusing you of anything, gandhi, just keep in mind that when you link to s*** like that... you're being deceived for profit.

Triond: How it Works.

Whether you write, photograph, record or compose, you can submit your creation to Triond. We accept all original content on any topic, including written articles, pictures, audio, and video. No matter how you created it, we can publish it.

Real scientific literature is published in peer-review journals, with traditional commercial/ad based Science literature citing sources from the peer-review literature. As it turns out, the story of the Crystal Skulls is a bit more disappointing as it pertains to the Smithsonian and British Museum skulls.

The British Museum: Studying the Skulls.

The results of this programme of research into carving technology, sources of quartz and early history combine to demonstrate that the life-size rock crystal skull in the British Museum and the larger white quartz skull in the Smithsonian Institution are not ancient, but are of relatively modern manufacture. The results are published online by the Journal of Archaeological Science: ‘The origin of two purportedly pre-Columbian Mexican crystal skulls’, Journal of Archaeological Science (2008) by M. Sax, J.M. Walsh, I.C. Freestone, A.H. Rankin and N.D. Meeks.

ScienceDirect: The origins of two purportedly pre-Columbian Mexican crystal skulls. Journal of Archaeological Science
Volume 35, Issue 10, October 2008, Pages 2751-2760

Abstract: The well-known life-size rock crystal skull in the British Museum was purchased in 1897 as an example of genuine pre-Columbian workmanship, but its authenticity has been the subject of increasing speculation since the 1930s. This paper is concerned with the history, technology and material of the skull and another larger white quartz skull, donated recently to the Smithsonian Institution. Manufacturing techniques were investigated, using scanning electron microscopy to examine tool marks on the artefacts, and compared with Mesoamerican material from secure contexts. A Mixtec rock crystal goblet and a group of Aztec/Mixtec rock crystal beads show no evidence of lapidary wheels. They were probably worked with stone and wood tools charged with abrasives, some of which may have been as hard as corundum. Textual evidence for Mexican lapidary techniques during the early colonial period, supported by limited archaeological evidence, also indicates a technology without the wheel, probably based on natural tool materials. In contrast, the two skulls under consideration were carved with rotary wheels. The British Museum skull was worked with hard abrasives such as corundum or diamond, whereas X-ray diffraction revealed traces of carborundum (SiC), a hard modern synthetic abrasive, on the Smithsonian skull. Investigation of fluid and solid inclusions in the quartz of the British Museum skull, using microscopy and Raman spectroscopy, shows that the material formed in a mesothermal metamorphic environment equivalent to greenschist facies. This suggests that the quartz was obtained from Brazil or Madagascar, areas far outside pre-Columbian trade networks. Recent archival research revealed that the British Museum skull was rejected as a modern artefact by the Museo Nacional de Mexico in 1885, when offered for sale by the collector and dealer, Eugène Boban. These findings led to the conclusion that the British Museum skull was worked in Europe during the nineteenth century. The Smithsonian Institution skull was probably manufactured shortly before it was bought in Mexico City in 1960; large blocks of white quartz would have been available from deposits in Mexico and the USA.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I dunno why but I find the ones with open mouths so much more prettier. I would love to find one. Closest thing is the Crystal Head
Crystal Head Vodka
They are cool but a bit small and we sell them for $60, very pricey

MadeInCanada by the way

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Ridhya]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
sry am i wrong here !!???!!

Crystal skull is fake, say scientists

More Crystal Skulls Deemed Fakes < source Discovery Channel

Less than three months after the Quai Branly Museum in Paris discovered that a crystal skull once proclaimed as a mystical Aztec masterpiece was a fake, it is now the turn of the British Museum and the Smithsonian Institution to find they were victims of skull-duggery.

Crystal skulls 'are modern fakes' < source BBC

Crystal Skulls are fake..my boss is real and not always in a good mood

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Haa I have one of those bottles of Vodka! We got a box for promotions at work and we sold them to customers for 100 bucks. They sold out in a day and a half! Very cool bottle...the vodka isnt that great though.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

a lot of controversy, but maybe. some say the skulls would have shattered, listen to the youtube video it talks about it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join