It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"What To Do Right Now If You're Broke, And In Need"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by psychekitty

ok... then to the multitudes who are disabled due to no fault of their own...
(not the person who got into a car accident because they were drunk)...

strike #18 from your list.

Your cheese is waiting. Glad to see you have internet access. Nice.

Edited to add:
Yes, I am a complete asshole!

I'm going to leave this thread before I get banned (again).

[edit on 1-9-2009 by JonInMichigan]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

Thank you for sharing that Perseus. That was a wonderful read, very deep, very thought provoking.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonInMichigan

ok... then to the multitudes who are disabled due to no fault of their own...
(not the person who got into a car accident because they were drunk)...

strike #18 from your list.

Your cheese is waiting. Glad to see you have internet access. Nice.

Edited to add:
Yes, I am a complete asshole!

I'm going to leave this thread before I get banned (again).

[edit on 1-9-2009 by JonInMichigan]

I cannot belive that a free thinking person could actually be ok with them selfs for such one sided thinking! Did you not think that MABY i was ACTUALLY talking about the person the drunk driver HIT? Please do as you promised and yes leave very quickly! As to this thread we have to try to help these ones im replying to. They also need help but in a diffrent way.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
A 'thought' or rather some kind of 'Form' hit me as I walked out my Door.

Either version could apply.
The words can only attempt to capture it's 'meaning'.

Hippo-cratic Oath comes from the "Heart" of the 'matter'.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Dawn 09

lol...Thank you again Red Dawn for always being the defender of the people.

That is another fine example of just what this post is about. See, I will stand up for other people more then I do myself (usually). Because, for some twisted reason, I can ignore insults or injustices thrown my way better then I can when they are thrown at other people. So in defending me (as the post from Red Dawn feels like it is doing), not only are you providing me a voice that would have been silenced, but also made me smile and feel like even my little corner of this asylem we all live in needs defending too. So encouraged me further to keep throwing out there all the positive messages, to keep encouraging people, to keep spreading the love, and in doing so, I will help further the process of waking people up as much as I can. And to not allow dicouraging people to affect me...they're probably just paid off by the govnt. anyway.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

I am on the volunteer list as my local AngelFood center for delivery. As I am currently unemployed and saw it coming I was able to be somewhat prepared. Still have to moderate, but with plenty of time to spare, why not help tose that may not be as blessed as I am.

Only drawback I currently have is medical, with 7 prescriptions, I utilize my doctors office assistance program by using samples to prolong order times.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Well alarm bells rang for me when this woman mentions MLM (multi level marketing/pyramid selling), Clearly she has not done her homework on this subject, otherwise she would know that these scams, aught to be avoided like plague particularly by the more vulnerably such as those who are skint.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Hey, thanks too all for keeping the thread on track. This is most definitely an ATS topic.

The PTB want all of us dependent upon them; so they have absolute control........ They are leading us directly into Military career potential only.

The purpose of this thread was to give People an alternative to the NWO whims.

Oh, Psychekitty,

The site cassidyrose did mention sewing, art work, and writing

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I am trying to get a vehicle, preferably a truck so we can find a trailer or camper and have both home and transportation. Very few organizations will help with this and even fewer individuals.

I only get 450 a month in child support, but I tried to apply for medicaid and was denied because, even though my daughter has a BC and SS card, she does not have a state sponsored picture ID. She is only 9 and an American citizen.

And they don't need Obamas,

We live out of town in my sisters house, 11 miles. I called the food bank for help but they don;t deliver, and my car is dead.

When I lived in Colorado and I was with the American Legion Auxilary, we ran a food bank and I would very often deliver to people who could not get into town.

This is the only state I have ever lived in that is as unfriendly as this one is. I have an ex who owes me over $75,000, but the state is owed no money so they did nothing to help us.

As I have a child and I can not leave her here, sister has issues, I greatly need a car. I get told a lot, just get a job, sounds good, but need a car here to do that and then you have to have someone who really will hire you.

I want this bad so we can relocate to a more human friendly state. I am considering Idaho.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

There is a differnece in MLM's and Referal marketing Companies.
MLM makes you pay a large upfront amount to join, then buy their product at wholesale and you mark it up, the difference + sign ups is your commission.

I worked with Life Force International and it is a referal marketing company. They do their own manufaturing and selling. You just refer. Just like you do everyday when you refer people to a resturant or movie or book or some business you like. the difference is with a Referal marketing comapny, you get a percentage of those you refer based on what they buy.

It is free to join and we all pay the same price for product. Their product line came about to save alife and is organic and life enhancing.

I have been involved with MLM's in the past and made no money but spent a small fortune.

Life Force was the only company I ever made money with.

I sold my position in the company last September to save my sisters house, and now my monthly income is drastically reduced.

But MLM 's may be a pyramid scheme, but referal marketing comapnies are not and are basically paying you for word of mouth advertising, instead of an advertising agency.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritwomyn

Don't tell me you are in California.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

There is a rising tide of suicide in the World right now, and I am of the opinion that many of these People just didn't know of the potential helping hand that was so close.

It's a matter of defeating pride, and just doing what's necessary.

I think stalk raving FEAR is a big part of it.

This is especially true for the older folks in their 50's and up. Many have been insulated from reality especially if they missed serving in one of the wars. They are no longer young and all of a sudden that nice retirement they were planning not only gets yanked out from under them but they are "too old" to start over. On top of that their adult kids are also struggling and they do not wish to be a burden.

Fear is also a big problem for the younger crowd too especially if they have never had to deal with a long bout of unemployment. If they do not have family to help share the burden they can be in a world of hurt.

There is some pride there too but I think FEAR and lack of knowledge are the big issues.

By the way, great post as usual Sancho. S&F

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Having an ice storm does not mean you get tons of ice. It means enough ice fell to take down trees and power lines. Usually the ice itself is gone pretty quickly and what remains of it isn't enough to gather to save food...especially for someone who is disabled, as that poster stated.

Simply leaving the fridge/freezer shut does not guarantee the food will keep, there are just too many variables.

We've had ice storms here in Texas and if not for a generator we would have lost all of our frozen foods too...not a fun prospect I can tell you.

See ya,
Shea

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Ultimately, one must truly define "NEED". once you figure out the priorities, maintaining your livelyhood should be fairly easy if you have a solid head on your shoulders.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Great thread Sancho, star and flag.

I have worked for myself one way or another my whole life, and I know all the tricks...

even still I had to take a 2nd actual job right now... (personal not national economic reasons)

But still,

allot of people don't know what to do when it gets scary and I have to be honest I have had a few scary moments this past month...

A how to guide for the rough times, it's something people need right now...

The little ways to scrape buy, ways to earn extra income, places to get food...

Great idea for a thread

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I have been harvesting organic and heirloom seeds for about 2 yrs now.
i have a few lbs. of seeds saved up, if anyone would like some seeds to maybe start a garden i can send you some. Ive been pretty broke and out of work for 5 months now and know how frustrating it is. anyway its just an idea i thought id throw out there.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SheaWolf

The thermostat in my freezer went out back in June. 1 1/2 days was all it took for most things to go bad. Somethings took longer but there was know way I was touching the meat or dairy after 3 days. Saved me money on cat food though. I can totally see that happening, where the ice doesn't stick but does enough damage to knock out the power.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by trig_grl

That's is so kind of you. I hope others will be inspired to do what they can as well.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I just wanted to say minus some People who did not understand this thread, or it's purpose for being on ATS, the vast majority did.

I keep reading the responses, I feel my Heart strings pull, and my anger grow at the power elite for what they've perpetrated against the People.

Just imagine should We all start giving positive messages of encouragement, and alternative ideas; together this World can change, and be a better place

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by gotrox
reply to post by QueenofWeird

You are assuming that there will be benefits available, and only working 3 days a week might not qualify.
Also, taxes don't pay unemployment, your employer pays for it---for eligible workers, to the state to pay out.
If your state is broke, there may be nothing left for them to pay out, even to those eligible.
Not condemning a spartan lifestyle at all---living within your means is a smart way to live, but assuming any help from government agencies---state or federal---is a risky endeavor.
Just ask the people in New Orleans.

Sharing what little you may have with strangers is honorable, but sharing with friends and neighbors is smarter---they tend to stick around longer.

I am Dutch and not from the US of A
and here it does not matter how many days you work. Yes you get benefits related to your income (to a maximum) so also related to how many days you worked.

I feel bad for people in the US that will find federal treasure troves to be empty when needing unemployment benefits. And as much as I value the idea of doing everything possible to get a job (and stay employed!), what about the people who started this by giving out mortgages to people who should never have had it? And all the other money wolfs? Yes I know people should never have applied for too expensive homes, but they are now in deep sh#t (whereas others because of foreclosures can get super homes at all time low prices).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join