It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"What To Do Right Now If You're Broke, And In Need"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
My wife just developed Breast Cancer.

I'm worried about the future, economics, and just taking care of her and the kids during the "journey."

If I lose my job, or bills take the slim margin of money from the paycheck --- being poor is more dangerous.

Fortunately, we are blessed with great families, helpful friends, and support coming out of the woodwork.

>> If you really let people know you are in dire straights -- LIKE POST IT ON FACEBOOK, most people just need an excuse to care. MOST PEOPLE YOU KNOW ARE GOOD and generous.

>> The other thing I plan to do, is fix up our basement to create a great place for my wife's parents to move in.

All things told, it's been a good thing for our family, because we are cooking good meals for us and the kids, we are tighter, and we get to know how much people care and how precious life is -- there are worse things than struggle folks. I just wish my wife didn't have to go through this. But with breast cancer now, if you have good medical care, the biggest threat is finances and credit (good news/ bad news).

>> But if you think about your family -- think about all the overlap in homes and cars. If 4 family members lived together in a large house, for most of us, that would be about a $1 Million in conserved wealth (based onf $48,000 a year in income and a $250,000 home). To FEEL like we are economic forces, adults and in control -- and not having to DEAL with other people, we spend foolishly.

How do immigrants come to America, making less than minimum wage in most cases, and then build a business and a decent life for themselves here in a decade or more? Everyone is under one roof.

>> You don't pay for daycare, maintenance, lawns, and extra equipment that you use twice a year.

This might not work for everyone -- but consider swallowing your pride and moving more family members into the same home. You can then have money, resources and FARMERS in case things get tough. I talked to my father in law about this two years ago -- sensing the economic tides. Now he is taking it seriously because of my wife.

But they don't have the money anyway to really retire anymore with his Pension diminished, his buying power down, and the hundred ways that expenses increase.

>> Hopefully everyone will get along.

I DEFINITELY think it's a lot better for my two boys to have grandparents around.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
My stomping ground is the UFO thread and I never read things outside that thread except for this. Brilliant, thoughtful and especially useful in today's marketplace.
Star, Flag, Friend.
My only additional point is that a couple of years ago I started a small website and sold Flash Memory Cards, I used Yahoo Merchant Services, Google Ads and I went 'viral' on multiple blog sites etc to gain some sales. I established a relationship directly with the Flas Memory Company (ATP - the best!). It was profitable and I highly recommend that you should definitely consider starting your own small business - however you have to find a real niche... in my case it was high end flash memory cards (no longer a good choice! I closed it down after three years, but the first two years were very successful).
Bet thread in a long time here - thank you.
Askbaby

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Here is a fantastic idea for a thread.

theres nothing wrong withg recieving some help.

When I was in business, my entire family (myself, baby son, wife and 3 dogs and mom) lived in a tiny motorhome out back of the business..

We werent making it and did not have enough money to feed the dogs. So there was an animal store that gave away free dog food. We pracitcally drained their supplies of food.

When I got back on my feet we donated over 3 bags back to the store...the help at that time was practically a godsend, and I even felt bad for taking it, but it is what we had to do...

Also because the motorhome did not have hook ups we would shower in the mop sink and my mom would go to the homeless shelter for a few meals and to use the shower...

My mom has always been the person who donated and served the homeless before she lost her house...she gives to feed the children monthly and always donates her time to some church charity event...

there are so many good people out there willing to help others, I find it hard to have empathy for beggars. There are times I will give a fiver to the lady on the street holding the sign "need money to feed two children", but the obvious drug addicts and alcoholics wont get anything but a bottle of water from me...

well done OP, star and flag...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I've noticed an alarming and annoying trend with ATS. Please tell me what part of this post is "above top secret"? Where is the conspiracy, or the paranormal, or the secret society?

There are plenty of places to go on the web for general philosophical discussion, and you bring up a worthwhile discussion, but I don't see what place it has here. I have remained silent as person after person has cut and pasted headlines off of Drudge for discussion that aren't worthy of ATS either. That's why BTS exists. This site becomes somewhat of a news reporting and discussion site sometimes. At least with the news, one can find an angle to it in which TPTB are pulling the strings on almost every aspect of our lives, but I honestly feel that this topic you bring up is completely off-base for the nature of ATS.... and at present your's is the #1 posting. No hidden UFO base. No secret society. No documents revealed, just a run of the mill philosophical blog.

Maybe I'm missing something here. Where are the moderators on these types of post?

Don’t get me wrong, the message is ok, I just don’t see why it belongs in a forum that is dedicated to Above Top Secret topics.

Edited typo and adding:
BTW, thanks for helping people to help themselves or to find private means for help. Anything is better than the compulsory charity the IRS forces me and my family to contribute to.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by JonInMichigan]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

Er, Yes, I could see wording that differently been better. I have nothing wrong with any charity, faith based or otherwise. I've actually helped many of them all out. The ladies site that I pulled much of the information from was pushing the bible strongly. I know many People are turned off by that, but still need a helpinig hand. So yes, bad taste in wording, but I don't want People turned off by not understanding they can replace with their own beliefs as the information is solid.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

aarp has share a sack program for sr. cits thru fleenors food 40 lbs of protein foods and a 2lb block of cheese indpls area look up aarp if your 50 yrs or more.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

What happened to all that money from the general fund that was supposed to go to faith based inititives that Dubya started? Is that program still going on?

I never hear anything more about it. They refused to give money to any religion that wasn’t completely mainstream even if it was registered with the government as an official non-profit religious organization that showed a long history of helping people…. just not a Christian organization. OMO, that's an ATS topic.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Star and flag for the Op.

I think this is a great thread and it's in the right category placed under global meltdown. It shows that some of us care about those not so fortunate and that if they wake up before it's too late there's help for them.

Good job Sancho!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
GREAT THREAD BRO! Me and my soulmate have been on the bottom for so long we know how to live off next to nothing. But we are GREAT at keeping our chins up and despite the fact we have been jobless and broke for 2 years after just having a beautiful baby girl 15 months ago we are able to help others and stay happy! It is all about your attitude! And you my friend have a great one! We really dont need alot of STUFF to be happy or stay healthy. You just have to stay positive! If you keep yourself and everyone around you or that you come into contact with in a good mood the money,food and clothing just happens. Maby not to the level your acustomed with but it still presents itself. S&F for sure and keep up the good work!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JonInMichigan

I've noticed an alarming and annoying trend with ATS. Please tell me what part of this post is "above top secret"? Where is the conspiracy, or the paranormal, or the secret society?

Why would a Sleestak want to promote human society? It must be a trap!

>> All kidding aside, I'd say that what ATS most represents is "empowerment."

I don't always feel empowered by; Obama conspiracy theory #49, or doom and gloom.

Occasionally, some of the other conspiracy theories are entertaining -- but I joined ATS to vent about 9/11 and the fact that I'd seen behind the curtain. I don't suspect a conspiracy everywhere; just when it removes money and rights from us, and gives it to someone with lots of extra money and rights.

Finding ways to cope in an economic downturn, is basically how to get UNSCREWED by the Powers That Be.

>> If we can talk about a clandestine barter coop cash-less society to keep going when the dollar goes "pop!" Well then, that's as good as any Lizard person in my book.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Hear hear!

Well then, that's as good as any Lizard person in my book.

well said...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I suppose?, the Moral;morale of the story could be summed up as follows:

"It's All in the Minds Eye", the avatar of a 'freind' of mine.

How often have the Eyes of Man deceived himself of the world around him as.....unto Himself.

One's 'in-tell-ect' could be seen as the toolshed of One's Sapient Being.
Homo "Sapien" was a compliment not a Given.

May One be their 'Own' Sapient guide from here forth.

The 'Outer Limits' is interesting in that it assumes that the answers are 'Out' there when.....all along.....it was From Within.

So, to answer the OP's question:
"Have Faith in Yourself/thyself.....what 'have' You.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Well clearly I misunderstood the purpose of this site.

I'm going to have to post some threads of my own on topics I previously thought would be too off base for this site like "Jon's Guide to Greener Living", or "Sustainable Environmental Systems".

In fact, why don't we just stop looking for any conspiracies in the world that might actually lead us to the souces of what might be causing all this financial misery (in the first place) and all just hold hands and sing cum-by-yah while we build windmills?

(I am going to build the windmills anyway, but I'm still going to be looking for the reasons hidden by TPTB why I am even struggling in the first place.)

Excuse my negativity and sarcasm but I think TPTB are slowly but surly getting all the sheeple to lay down and give up. "Where can I get my free cheese?" "Who do I have to vote for to keep the free cheese coming?"

Blah.... have fun....I'm outa here!

[edit on 1-9-2009 by JonInMichigan]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Awesome post Sancho!! That rocks that you found and posted all of that for everyone. There's some really great ideas on those lists for sure.

The only thing I can think that is not on there is for people to look at what skills they have and go from there on what sorts of services they could provide their community.

I had stated on one thread before that I'm more than handy with a sewing needle and would make/fix/alter clothing for people. There are any number of seemingly useless skills like that, (that I'm sure we all have to one extent or another) that would work just as well too I'm sure. So if washing cars, or fixing clothing is not your deal People, think about the skills that you do have and enjoy putting to use. Then take it to the next level and offer those skills to other people to just help them out if nothing else.
For example: (here I go again...lol)
I am also a bit of an artist (or so people have told me
), I could use that to decorate childrens rooms. Or I could use it to decorate the rooms of those who like their anime with an adult
flare.

These are things that everyone can do and everyone can enjoy. The hardest part may be to not let yourself get down about the current stresses that are effecting all of us. If nothing else, when you feel low, encourage those around you. I know that when I encourage others and make them feel better (sounds like free theropy kinda...) it, in turn, makes me feel better as well.

Again great thread! Awesome ideas. You are deffinately a credit to the people.

And Red Dawn, thank you for those words of joy and love that you send out. They always bring me smiles and that wonderful warm fuzzy lovey feeling inside.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

Having money I earned from a young age as something as a backdrop, certain events concerning my financial and physical status gave me quite a shock in more ways then one over 15 years. In some cases I maintained strong relationships with most associates and friends. But desptite what I had done by the time I was 25, now 48, it was going to be a harder hall then I ever thought.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
#18 Log out of ATS and go find a job.

#19 Cancel your internet and save some money.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

You poor dear! I mean good for you at the same time for the wind mills and greener living ideas you'll be putting to excellent use. But don't give up yourself. You are better then that, we are all better then that. The fact that you are putting those good ideas into action is great, and just that alone has the potential to wake up some sheeple a little bit. And, when you really get down to it, every little bit really does help.

I know it's hard, some days I think that there are only three or four people who can see what's going on in my town...But then I realise that is why I need to work all the harder at waking people up, at least a little bit.

It's like in Equalibrium, when Chrisen Bales character started to feel and was pulling the film off the window. At first all he had was a tiny little sliver, but he started to pull at it and tear at it, pretty soon he was getting more of the picture then he'd ever had before.

We might not be able to wake them up all the way all at once, if we ourselves are even ALL the way awake, but we can poke that little hole in the film that they won't be able to resist ripping the film down in their own time.

Don't give up one 'em (if that is how you are feeling), just try to find a different way to reach them. Even if that idea is as simple as spreading a little kindness, or just excercising your own really smat and practicle ideas.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

My Job?

That's My job.

Save a prayer.

I prefer to let the 'E' speak for myself.
It seems to 'work' better.
The song has elements of the masculin and femine Parts of the Soul as Epinephrin to a Being.
Though I could be wrong?

Does One have an 'aura' or rather 'halo' when One listens to their favorite music? I have 'many' favorites just as you..... though I am not You, am I.....though we 'feel' the 'Muse'-ic All the same, No?

I rest my case.
I prefer not to live in an:
Ordinary World.

/////////.?

We All have a 'Choice' and the Freewill to listen from Within.
This is All one needs to Do.
No grande 'scheme' is necessary.

One can start as early as Now.
'Good bye', not good buy?
We can't 'buy' Good?

One's 'Soul' is a better 'medium' of exchage than 'tithe' unto Another.
Would ^ ask One to 'tithe' or 'sacrifice' Another unto the Creator ^self?
Sounds 'il-logical' .....does it not?

Bee-shwaa-----
Sounds like the ocean.....to 'me'.
It Is what it Is.
I Am therefor I am.

Everyone reading this at this moment can become One with the Creator. When Consciousness breeds with Un-consciousness, One accesses the 'Eye' of the Mind'.

It's not out there but rather In.
Perhaps all humans 'collectively' hold the keys to their Salvation.
Should we not encourage One another to pursue their Keys they possess inside? Imagine the possibilities.

Philo-Sophie....."El Love of knowledge"
Is not every Truth Formless until Seen?
Would ^ not be the same?
Is E- not everywhere at once.
Is not in-O-rganic and -O-rganic not dependent on E for their very existence.

Of course.
And 'there' you have It.
Only One can open one's Treasure.
It's unSeen.

The 'shape' of the Key gives 'meaning' to it's Form.

Though our bodies are temporal, our Souls/E are 'E-ternal'.
I'm working on my Own 'Garden of E-den'.
I plan to 'share' My Garden though I'd rather teach another how to 'Fish'.
Any wonder why the Pesce or Fish symbol is intertwined at it's tail End?

I've never heard/seen the answer till.....now.
The symbol of the 'key' and the 'fish' are similar are they not?

Time to be like water.
Adios.....-A-mI-Goes and have a 'Good' day.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonInMichigan

#18 Log out of ATS and go find a job.

#19 Cancel your internet and save some money.

See if you actually were looking at the whole picture. Then you would realise that there are many people that use ATS. And as such you would also realise that some of those people do not have the ability to work due to and not limited to,Car Accidents,cancer,job related injuries,sporting accidents,Hunting accidents,drunk drivers..ect.ect So when you just post something that a perfect quote i know fits "Better to be thought a fool, then open your mouth and remove all doubt" then you should take a second to think about what your going to represent yourself with through words.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Dawn 09

Leave it to Red Dawn to speak up and be the voice to stand against those who would try to disempower those of us out to help everyone!!

I love it when the warrior spirits speak out!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join