It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Held In A Psychiatric Ward, Called “Delusional” For Saying 9/11 Was An Inside Job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Here is the link to the story.... www.infowars.com...

"I was wrongly diagnosed as delusional by the psychiatric staff of Ward 7 at Northland Base Hospital in Whangarei and held against my will for 11 days in mid-2006, because I maintained the attacks of 9/11 were orchestrated by criminal elements inside the US Administration"

I thought this was a little intresting and scary. I have been thinking about putting a yard sign in my yard that says "911 was an inside Job" My friends think it may cause me to get too noticed. I don't care anymore, I feel I need to do more even if it means my house gettin egged or worse. Its part of my fight against the gov.
Maybe should get some bail money saved...hehe

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This is very disturbing news. The Government declaring people insane because they dont want the truth to be found out.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

Why is this under close scrutiny for only two posts? What's the "member demand"?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

Well...I just finished watching the Nat GEO 911 conspiracy special, and it pretty much said conspiracy theoriests are paranoids that need a story that is better than reality, because reality scares us too bad.

Right.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It is the forum as a whole that is under close scrutiny and every thread is watched. 9/11 is a VERY controversial subject and the debate can get very heated and nasty. The mods make sure it doesn't get out of hand on the ENTIRE 9/11 forum.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I find that an escalating amount of people feel that the PTB were in on the entire thing.

I think that there is enough reason to consider the domestic vantage, without being label as mentally unstable and being institutionalized.

There is however a major problem if you go around howling it from rooftops.

What I don't see is how this person wound up in the institution in the first place.
Did the person commit a crime or were they just hauled off for writing about it?
It's not clear, unless I am missing something.

Side note:
Is it beyond reason or paranoid that the PTB could not orchestrate a huge cover up?
Perhaps people need to be a bit more paranoid and not so complacent in what they think they know.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle quotes which fit nicely.

"Perhaps when a man has special knowledge and special powers like my own, it rather encourages him to seek a complex explanation when a simpler one is at hand. "
"What I know is unofficial; What he knows is official. I have the right to private judgment, but he has none. He must disclose all, or he is a traitor to his service."
“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

[edit on 8/31/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
It is a shame the government has gone this far, this should tell you all THEY are hiding the truth and THEY are the ones that are committing TREASON against the United States.

Since when do we start locking people up because of their beliefs? I think that psychologist should have been charged, arrested and thrown in jail and her license should have been revoked.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Interesting read.

I found the apology that was linked to the article also interesting, especially the fact they acknowledged they reviewed the DVD's sent and concurred why there could be reason to have anxiety.

Is is disturbing to think you can be locked up for your beliefs as being insane. Of course with the way it seems America is going now days, who should be shocked at anything.

Good job finding the story.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by A Fortiori
Why is this under close scrutiny for only two posts? What's the "member demand"?

The forum is under scrutiny, not this particular post.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I mean who would have thought that the things people think are actually crazy - like Jesus for example, I mean the guy was a nut job and look what he did to civilisation -

People who think they are religious are locked up in Israel:
news.bbc.co.uk...

Could it be that people have semi-psychotic beliefs through their internet addictions ?

health.howstuffworks.com...

What should be made of this is these people did not actually know that others validly questioned the official story, once they did society recognized theri legitimacy.

That the point , its a positive story.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by A Fortiori
reply to post by Grayelf2009

All threads in the 9/11 section automatically get placed under close staff scrutiny. There have been many, many heated debates on the topic and a number of people have been banned as a result of breaking T&C while discussing topics in this section. It's been like this for a while and you can find out the various reasons by clicking on the actual banner with the message.

In regards to the title of the thread, this seems ridiculous. How does questioning an event make one crazy? It is natural to question things you are told and attempt to think critically on why or why not these things are plausible.

I really hate the term "inside job" because it has become so dirty and misleading. Regardless of if the main players were from the US government, rogue CIA/FBI agents or the Global Elite, it was only a small minority of US citizens and foreign intelligence agencies that could have pulled it off. People keep falling into the trap that the whole US government - and by extension its citizens - made this event happen for military/financial gain. This is what TPTB want you to think: to associate the country with greed, selfishness, evil and a threat to the establishment of peace and stability.

[edit on 31/8/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I found this post in the comment section rather Alarming. So much for free speech, if some one isn't complaining about you not being PC or calling you a racist they are trying to say you are insane. What ever happen to celebrating our differences? What ever happen to looking for the truth and being an informed sceptic.

Georgette Orwell Reply: August 31st, 2009 at 1:31 pm

This happens far more often than most people imagine. I am an outpatient therapist at a community mental health clinic, and believe me, I’ve witnessed more involuntary commitments than I can count simply because a patient verbalized “delusions” such as “9/11 was an inside job,” mentioned FEMA camps, or discussed health concerns related to chemtrails, fluoridated water or genetically modified foods. If my patients mentioned these things, I have to be extremely careful how I document my treatment notes to avoid a trip to the local funny farm. Sadly though, most of my patients also see staff psychiatrists for their meds. Should any of them mention such things, they are immediately tagged with an incorrect and lifelong diagnosis, typically paranoid schizophrenic or delusional disorder NOS, and more often than not, considered actively psychotic and thus hospitalized against their will. Lesson: be careful what you say to your shrink, or even to your family physician.

By the way here is my answer to the GMO health concerns

From Brooklyn Skeptic:

Thank you CASFS Blog:

A small California biotech company, Epicyte, in 2001 announced the development of genetically engineered corn which contained a spermicide which made the semen of men who ate it sterile. At the time Epicyte had a joint venture agreement to spread its technology with DuPont and Syngenta, two of the sponsors of the Svalbard Doomsday Seed Vault. Epicyte was since acquired by a North Carolina biotech company. Astonishing to learn was that Epicyte had developed its spermicidal GMO corn with research funds from the US Department of Agriculture, the same USDA which, despite worldwide opposition, continued to finance the development of Terminator technology, now held by Monsanto. More here.

Now do you want labels on your GMO foods? Click here to get active.

From AlterNet:

A more severe case of genetic contamination is taking place in Mexico, where the presence of GM corn has been documented since 2001. It continues to show up in rural farming communities, both peasant and indigenous, sown by small farmers who are not aware of the transgenic threat; and it is proliferating rapidly, across wild and mixed varieties, in spite of the Mexican government’s ban on transgenic crops, in effect since 1998. This contamination deeply concerns environmentalists, scientists and farmers, since Mexico is the cradle of corn and axis of its diversity, rendering the long term consequences on the environment and human health uncertain.

In Mexico, people are distressed by the possibility that biopharmaceutical corn could be introduced in the country. Silvia Ribeiro, of the ETC organization, expresses great annoyance about the California-based company Epicyte, which ostentatiously declared having developed a spermicidal corn to be used as a contraceptive.

Ribeiro stated in La Jornada: “The potential of spermicidal corn as a biological weapon is outrageous, since it easily interbreeds with other varieties, is capable of going undetected and could lodge itself at the very core of indigenous and farming cultures. We have witnessed the execution of repeated sterilization campaigns performed against indigenous communities. This method is certainly much more difficult to trace.”
Source

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
to me this person is ignorant as is anyone else who adamantly blames the us government when no real proof is available yet

and in my opinion its these people who shout US involvement that detract from finding out the truth of 911

yes the US may have been involved, but no one REALLY knows except those involved

screaming the US did it, doesnt help anything

its one thing to say you dont believe the official story and you believe corruption, cover ups, etc was involved but screaming its the US' fault doesnt really help anything and in a way if you are too adamant about it i can understand how regular people without a great deal of truther knowledge can think the person is insane

if this person was claiming the story of 911 isnt true, i highly doubt they would have detained him

but by claiming all these conspiracies and acting like the government is out to get him, isnt exactly the best way to get your point across especially when there is not yet any real proof

whats needed is a new investigation and real answers, however i doubt that will ever happen or be taken seriously as long as a bunch of paranoid people are shouting out bush and the US did it

because if they did, they are obviously going to stifle those who want to find that out

but if you dont keep saying bush and them did it, and you just say you want a new investigation to get better answers, maybe they will do the investigation and maybe someone will be smart enough to uncover the truth

people need to be more tactful with what they say and do, and shouting the US was responsible for 911 in a psych ward probably isnt the best way to do it

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme
It is a shame the government has gone this far, this should tell you all THEY are hiding the truth and THEY are the ones that are committing TREASON against the United States.

Personally, I think that it's a shame that the conspiracy theorists have to resort to deliberate distortion and manipulation like this in order to get people to believe their conspiracy stories. Read the news article again. This happened in NEW ZEALAND. It was a New Zealand national who was thrown into the funny farm by the New Zealand gov't, and was sprung by a New Zealand lawyer. Take a look on the map- the place is practically on the opposite side of the world from us.

I know you believe everything in the world up to and including your stubbing your toe on a rock in your back yard is all a secret CIA plot, but Jeez, blaming the US for what happened in New Zealand is as ridiculous as claiming that 9/11 is a false flag operation to instigate a war in Iraq by framing Afghanistan.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
yes, you go ahead and do what you need to do.
make sure you use your right, to freedom of speech!
and remember, ROCK THE VOTE.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Wow, awsome post everyone. Thats what I love about this site. I like the post by "Dark Ghost"

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

I really hate the term "inside job" because it has become so dirty and misleading. Regardless of if the main players were from the US government, rogue CIA/FBI agents or the Global Elite, it was only a small minority of US citizens and foreign intelligence agencies that could have pulled it off. People keep falling into the trap that the whole US government - and by extension its citizens - made this event happen for military/financial gain. This is what TPTB want you to think: to associate the country with greed, selfishness, evil and a threat to the establishment of peace and stability.

[edit on 31/8/2009 by Dark Ghost]

Good point ,points all of you. Thanks for the perspective's

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I work in a psychiatric hospital and the patients I work with would frankly not have the organization skills to even explain the ins and outs of this controversy. Their delusions run much more to the bizarre. Like, "they operated on my stomach last night and put it a banana." And generally, in our budget-challenged state, you only get committed if you are a threat. So if you were threatening public officials because of your 911 beliefs, that would do it. All that said, however, I am very cautious about who I talk to about this. Because most people I know are not educated even to the slightest degree on this subject, their reaction would not be good. So I, like many other people I'm sure, get my need for communication on this subject met through sites like this, where I can be anonymous and it won't have an impact on how my fellow professionals might judge me.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It's delusional to think that Islamic terrorism doesn't exist. But it's also not incomprehensible to think that there were inside factors on 911. In every government that are moles and others who have infiltrated.

I would think that paranoia exists because of clear agenda by PNAC who's mission it is to spread democracy. Big group of powerful people who have high ranking government positions, bank and world money markets, and own media, oil, and other ventures. But these people don't rule the world, there are bigger fishies.

It's important to know that a group like AQ is very capable of pulling off 911. They are funded by Saudi, a very wealthy backer with 57 OIC countries behind them. AQ has the drive and motivation to accomplish 911 and have clear plans for future terrorism according to Islamic tradition.

As for mental health... some psychos come up with some very creative stuff... like that artist that cut off his ears... Vincent Van Gogh.

new topics

top topics

join