It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

killer threads

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
i believe that it is important for people to learn how to make killer threads so im gonna try and see if we can get a descent thread going on how to make an awesome thread.

1.start with knowing what you are talking about

2.lay down the facts, while still making the story or topic interesting

3.dont be too arrogant when talking to people with differing opinions but still hold your point of the view.

4.some threads just havent been done yet these are the ones that are going to make the most impact because people havent heard these ones yet.

5. know that people are always going to have differing opinions. but its always nice to hold an intelligent debate.

6. try to keep things on topic, if topics move change it back.

if you follow this guide we can make ats a better website than it already is... : )

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by make.changes

I see your new here. Good luck!!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
There are many many well documented, well put together threads here. Every person has their own unique way of putting their threads together... Personally, I would get bored with cookie cutter threads! Individualism is part of what makes ATS great!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Why would you want to make killer threads, when you can make educational and inspiring ones instead?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bourbon2nite

Perhaps the OP needs a new home here. I made a feeble attempt myself, but you'll always get some pesky people responding with asinine comments to take the glory

[edit on 31-8-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
this thread is to try to help out all new members of ATS forums, they could certainly use the help sometimes its superhard coming up with awesome threads.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorDisaster

well i think you knew what i meant...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
there is no secret ingredient

its all around what you like, cover to topic fully, and present it in a easy to follow fashion.

thats it.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Some of the simplest threads are my favorites and can be the best sometimes ...I come here to relax and enjoy not feel like I've been beaten up side the head by an encyclopedia!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
thats why i stated it should still be an interesting read.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

And I very much agree with you on that point!!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Does anyone use the word 'killer' any more to describe something that doesn't actual kill?

I think I would much rather create a gnarly or tubular thread.

I might settle for swell though....but, if I do a really exemplary job, perhaps I could have a keen thread.

Thanks for the tips, change maker.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

The guy just tries to be helpful to new members and he still gets reamed.

I love this site.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I for one think this thread is the most killer thread I have ever seen in my 6 years. Stunningly brilliant in it construction and presentation. A veritable masterpiece that should stand as an example for all INTERNET users, present and future, to emulate. If the site authorities don't hang this thread up as an example to aspire to, something is sorely wrong in the world.

7. judiciously use sarcasm.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorDisaster

Why would you want to make killer threads, when you can make educational and inspiring ones instead?

do you read anything else besides the topic's name?

a thread is killed with unminded questions like that.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SelfDestruct

The guy just tries to be helpful to new members and he still gets reamed.

I love this site.

Quoted. Starred. Flagged. make.changes is right.

But, I do see alot of good threads from members that have experience.

Edited to see that I can't star that post.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by havok]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
do you read anything else besides the topic's name?

a thread is killed with unminded questions like that.

Oh, so I'm not even allowed to make a little quick-witted joke now?

RELAX buddy!!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
maybe a supermoderator can help us with the properties of an even better guide to good threads, somepeople really need the help on good threads, i use to be one of those people that needed this help, i agree that their should be better more advanced guides, but this is just a beginner guide.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I dont know about having a guide. Everything is fine as is, the poeple who post bad threads again and again eventualy get the point that nobody wants to hear them.
A guide on "how to post threads" would just turn ATS into a collection of cookie cutter threads with cookie cutter members and latter cookie cutter responses. It was bad enough that for a while people were using deny ignorance like it was to replace periods we do not need anyone telling members how to write anything beyond what is covered in the T&Cs.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
For those of us who can be way too convincing off the bat and fail to get any responses to a thread even if plenty of views, you need to add, "Leave Wiggle Room."

[edit on 2009/9/1 by Aeons]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join