It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pills To Be Given To Residents, Workers Near Nuclear Plants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
WFMZ-69

Is this something that is done all over the US or just in PA. I didn't hear about the last dosage that they gave out back in 2004. I didn't put this in breaking news due to this being the second dose for the families that work and live within a 10 mile radius of the Limerick Power Plant located in Limerick, PA.

Does anyone know more about this so-called K-I pill? I'm going to google it now.

A_L

I just found this information from New York State Department of Health.

KI will only protect you from radioactive iodine. It does not protect you from other kinds of radioactive material. KI works very well to protect your thyroid gland. However, it protects only your thyroid, not other parts of your body.

Source (NY Dept. of Health)

Good to know that they are saving thyroids but not the rest of the body...

[edit on 8/31/2009 by another_lurker]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Maybe this is the prep for the false flag attack. A Nuclear plant attack or meltdown would as some have discussed here allready, is just what the PTB need to set up camp/martial law. I have been wanting to get some for my survival kit.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
As I type I can look out at the nuclear power plant. Yes the pills are available for anyone who wants them. It is required by law according to my Physicist hubby.

And yes I am pro-nuclear and unlike some I live my convictions, that is why we own a farm near a nuclear plant

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Probly has more to do with Three Mile Island and its after affects.

According to the official figures, as compiled by the 1979 Kemeny Commission from Metropolitan Edison and NRC data, a maximum of 480 petabecquerels (13 million curies) of radioactive noble gases (primarily xenon) were released by the event.[1] However these noble gases were considered relatively harmless,[28] and only 481 to 629 GBq (13 to 17 curies) of thyroid cancer-causing iodine-131 were released.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Hi, crimvelvet and the awaked !

Originally posted by crimvelvet
. . .we own a farm near a nuclear plant

WAY TO GO ! ! . . .

And I can tell you this: I would be a zillon times less worried to eat
the food from YOUR farm, than the crazy crap, called " round-up ready "
that those Monsanto's psychopaths are developing/selling ! ! !

That company is totaly crazy/insane/arogant/mad/. . .kooky ! ! !
. . .and more. . .
www.wordreference.com...

Blue skies.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hmmm I live within ten miles of one where I live....funny thing...we get no pills...but I did have a tumor grow on the left thyroid gland and had to have that half of my thyroid removed...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

Hi, crimvelvet and the awaked !

I try to look at each issue, weigh the pros and cons and make up my own mind. That makes me a very weird mix, A Pro Nuclear, pro organic, Anti Federal Reserve, global warming Skeptic. Can I swap sides or what!

I agree with you about Monsanto. If you are interested in what is happening to farming check out Yupfarming and Food Freedom and EU’s deliberate policy to get rid of family farms for the benefit of the corporations

I am really worried about famine in the USA and world wide especially if the skeptical Scientists are correct and we are looking at a thirty year mini Ice Age. If we lose Russian and Canadian grain production we could all be in a world of hurt in a few years. www.usnews.com...

Back on topic.

Given the various options for producing energy, Nuclear is the best of a bad lot. The French use a US design and export energy to the rest of Europe. I understand an American company has been hired to build plants in India too.

We have to have energy for industry and to live. There are too many of us to go back to an 1800's type of life style and I do not think many Americans would tolerate it. So for the time being we are stuck with dirty (radioactive) coal or Nuclear or hydro.

As for the pills the other writer is correct they are the result of the panic over Three Mile Island

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Remember 'Cancer Ward' by Solzhenitsyn? (Did anyone read it besides me... it's a Russian classic...)

SPOILER ALERT********* (For anyone who wants to read through an excellent 800 page Russian novel)

The best cure is the one that is natural and that the locals use. The government's treatment for cancer, even the cancer caused by radiation, is just more radiation.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
THe K-I pill is called

Potassium Iodide.

Look it up.

www.bt.cdc.gov...

Hope this helps

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Thank you to everyone that responded to this post. It is gaining more steam in my area today and has been in a local newspaper today, also.

My father used to subcontract at Limerick about 15 years ago (he's deceased now). and I have read up on the nuclear power. It does seem quite safe. I guess this is another ploy to scare the uninformed locals.

I appreciate all of your comments and information. Great job guys and girls.

A_L

top topics

join