posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:29 AM
I don't think it's unreasonable to at least regard this whole affair as suspicious. Does that mean that there had to be an interception of
cargo by Israeli operatives or missiles on board? No, and without strong evidence to suggest that this was the case, I don't personally feel any
compulsion to jump to that conclusion. Limiting myself to what we've been told, if we are to believe that of course, what we can say is
1) A ship ostensibly carrying timber departed for Algeria.
2) Its crew sent no distress signal, however its transponder was deactivated and it disappeared.
3) Russia reacted to this with abundant military and tracking capabilities, arguably more than they would have felt necessary for a ship
carrying some timber.
4) Russia said it knew the coordinates of the vessel throughout this episode, however it took their extensive resources and capabilities five days to
5) Upon the vessel's recovery, its crew and those allegedly responsible for its hijacking were detained and questioned extensively.
We can't really establish much based on this limited information. All we can do is speculate. The show of force does, on its face, seem somewhat
excessive according to my own subjective interpretation, but we may be neglecting the subjective political importance of this to Russia, or
perhaps outside political pressure from Europe to bring to bear a show of force in the face of what appeared at the time to be piracy having spread to
Europe, etc. These factors could account, in theory, for the amount of force sent in search of the missing ship. We just don't know. As for
the crew and hijackers' detention, was this a debriefing? A cover-up? Or simply an ongoing interrogation of pirates and perhaps a crew Russia
regarded with suspicion of collusion? Again, we just don't know.
I'm not ready to make the leap and say that there were weapons on board. It's interesting and - at least to me - somewhat suspicious, nonetheless.
It's kind of like 9-11 Something isn't right, and it seems highly dubious and suspicious, but I'm not ready to say a missile hit the Pentagon
instead of a plane, etc. I just don't know. Further information is required.