It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

convince an evolutionist that the God of Scripture is real?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Benihime

You want my honest opinion? If someone answers beligerently I don't consider them true to whatever they are promoting or backing. I am a believer in the goddess Isis...certainly something that is a big minority yet nothing anyone says or slanders her by ever shakes me. I think people who respond like that have a shaky foundation or very little real faith to discuss. I understand that some do't like their deity insulted but why stoop and come to that low or a lower level? It cries false to me.

Here is an example. Let's say someone here called my wife a harlot and some other nasty names. I know the reality of my wife that she is not so why should it bother me that much? The answer is that if I am true to her it won't bother me and never will. I am faithful to her aways and I am faithful to Isis always no matter how much someone slanders me or her.

JIT...I have heard you speak of grace that is given to all of us by God. I really have to apologize but posts of this manner don't show any grace whatsoever. If you are taking every little thing someone posts against God or questioning God then I think the problem is something deeper. People are always going to insult him. I think it is great the intense passion you have for him and your defense of him but if God is one and the only true then I really don't think he needs your defense. Why does it bother you so much every single time someone asks a legitimate question? I asked an honest question and you told me I was asking pointless questions...that doesn't help me...but it doens't matter because any time someone questions the majority they are instantly trolls huh?

well...c'est la vie I guess

-Kyo

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Because the questions are uncomfortable. the fact of the matter is that god has less physical evidence of his existence than unicorns do. do i think this "disproves" god or means he cant be apart of other peoples lives? no. if you believe in something that has no or little evidence, thats what faith IS. and i have no problem with it. the conflict for me comes when people point and yell "SEE THERE IT IS! EVIDENCE THAT GOD IS REAL! AND YOU SHOULD JOIN ME IN BELIEVING THIS OR YOU WILL BURN IN HELL!!!" even though there is NO evidence to be yelling at. THAT is what makes me angry.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by make.changes
to clarify im not an evolutionist im a christian who believes in the creation story of the bible. so how do you convince an evolutionist that the god of scripture is real, for all athiests and evolutionists.

I am awfully sick and tired of saying this and not once has it been acknowledged either by a creationist or an atheist - but most Christians are actually also evolutionists!

I presume that both sides actually know this, but prefer to argue heatedly, which means not acknowledging that creationists are a tiny sub-set of Protestants, almost all of them in the USA (only a handful in other anglophone countries such as NZ, Australia, Canada and the UK.)

The Catholic church has accepted evolution since Darwin, which brings me to another thing that upsets me greatly - the bigoted But-Catholics-aren't-Christians assertion I keep coming across on ATS.

Nonsense. Those who say that can say only because they haven't the foggiest idea what Catholics actually believe and do, but have been persuaded by the like of Jimmy Swaggart in a way that he does not deserve.

Vicky

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join