It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qassam rocket fired at Israel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Another 5 mortars launched from Gaza today:

JPost

After a lull over the last few months it seems that terrorist groups in Gaza are stepping up their attacks again.

Edit to fix link.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by mattpryor]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

They must finally be getting the trickle down of the missing American economic failure, courtesy of the big interest's ever-lust for more.

A little prodding so MSM will show how bad Israel has it and how they need to retaliate. Hmm... I wonder who supplies, thus profits off, Israel these days.

I wonder how warm I am.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by shanerz

Well that's one take on it if you automatically believe that everything the Israelis do is evil and motivated by malice and that the MSM is on the Israeli side.

However, prior to Operation Cast Lead, how many news reports did we hear about the hundreds of rockets landing on Jewish communities in Southern Israel? I don't remember hearing very many. I do remember the overwhelming sense of cynicism and hostility towards everything the Israelis did in response, and the blanket acceptance as fact of everything that their enemies said about them. In fact I don't hear much about Israel at all in the MSM unless it's when Israel has done something wrong. So I would say your view on things is the complete opposite to my own experience. I would go as far as to say that most media organisations are staffed by young lefties who hate Israel with a vengeance, and it shows.

So given this alternative way of looking at it, one could equally argue that the balaclava-clad thieves, bullies and general scumbags who dominate Gaza through fear and intimidation are trying to provoke Israel into a heavy-handed military response, as they did before, so that they can they cry to the international community about how evil Israel is and get some more cash out of us and more worldwide hatred of Israel.

Worked a charm before didn't it?

I wonder how warm I am.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by mattpryor]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

You bit on the whole "when Israel does something wrong part."

Really, I didn't allude to anything about Israel being evil. Your own perception turned me into an anti-semite from the mere mention of the word Israel. I love when I say someone so far out in left field of, supposedly, being jewish is doing the prodding, thus the instigation of such atrocities, and I tickle that ever so precarious sentiment held by so many tools. Lefties, righties, big bucks, wallets, fascism, etc.

The topic has been debated before, right here on ATS, in full. It goes way back, etc. But I really don't care. Oh and it smells like rotten eggs. Must be the terrible quality food at the schools again.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by shanerz

I don't think I accused you of anti-Semitism, and I certainly didn't think it. If that came across in my post then I apologise.

The implication in your post however, was that there are financial motives of third parties in making Israel look like a victim in order to justify warfare. This is an all too common allegation from what I've seen. It implies both duplicity on the part of the Israelis, and complicity on the part of the media. Neither of which I think is fair or justified. Especially since this won't get reported in the Western media, at all. But I bet the retaliatory strikes on smuggling tunnels does, and without context.

Saludos.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by rationaluser

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by stumason

And look at the UK now.

Pathetic.

I seen quite a few trolls in my time and this one is VERY obvious the "v" mask lol "oh im so cool im anonymiss lolololol" seriously GET A LIFE

yeah . . . I am a troll.

Okay.

Everyone on the internet is considered anonymous.

I have a life. Thanks.

Thanks for showing your true colors by launching a personal attack rather than TRY and debate anything I said

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by shanerz

And no, I never said shooting rockets is the answer. But if Israel wants to be a leading authority in the ME and the world, they ought to start setting positive examples. If they have the power, and claim desire, to make a rough situation turned into a positive one, then I hold them to much higher standards. Just as I do my own country - which is why I'll call them out for being a buncha douches. Seems like that's all I've been doing too.

The whole thing is like watching two women in a slap fight. You get to the point where you don't care who started it, it just gets ridiculous on both sides.

Israel cannot lead until it gets it's nut-bags under control. It's a mix of arab cultural stupidity with eastern european redneck stupidity.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abbby
reply to post by shanerz

....or how about last Thursday, the Palestinian fisherman killed by Israeli Navy fire on the Gaza strip, or how the IDF soldier suspected of killing a Palestinian man in front of his 7 year old son has still not been charged, or how about the numerous attacks on Palestinians, their cars, and their olive groves by Israeli settlers...all out of revenge for their own government evacuating them from their illegal settlements?! Where is the outrage for this?

I'm not saying that this latest rocket attack on Israel was warrented.....but you should at least condemn the acts of agression from BOTH sides.

of course...they will keep killing each other for another 500 years, because there is no stopping vengence...the only reason other countries don't join together and stop this is because they are making truckloads of money off of gun and ammo sales. the hatred in the middle east is quick and long lasting. perfect for arms dealers, a steady clientele of death, passed down from grandfather to father to son to grandson, because they cannot get off the addiction of vengence.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Oh, here we go again...
Another "Poor Jews" thread!

Israeli Fighter Jets Bomb Gaza Strip - Notice that the "Tunnel" that they bombed was used to bring in food and supplies to avoid the blockaid.

The Silence of Gaza's Suffering Fishers

Israeli Aircraft Bomb Building in Gaza

Set Sail for Justice

A UN Special Focus on Gaza Under Siege

Israeli Navy Fires on Gaza Fishing Boat

What Gaza Looks Like Through the Eyes of 4 Gazans

Palestinian Mortars Retaliate for Gaza Bombing - Looks like those "Evil Terrorists" fired 4 harmless mortars in response to being bombed by Israel!

PCHR Weekly Report

Israeli Unilaterism Undermines the Peace Process

Palestinians Have No Reason to Celebrate

If you bother to look beyond the MSM - which is 90% owned or run by Jewish businessmen and interests - a different picture starts to emerge about what is happening over there. Now, there are certainly Palestinian terrorists... armed with rocks or home made rockets. But I think alot of the Palestinian "agression" results from being under siege and kept in the world's largest prison. If someone locked me in my home for years and only sporadically provided the material essentials like food, water and medicine, then you had better believe I would be lobbing some homemade rockets at my oppressors. - maybe even more than that!

The situation is undoubtedly tenuous with plenty of blame to go around, but you cannot elicit sympathy for an aggressor like Israel. I'm not buying it and, unfortuantely for Israel, neither is the rest of the world.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I think the Jews are the least vengeful people on the planet. They've been shoved around and persecuted for millennia by all sorts of people. Israel's short and violent history is one of constant attacks against them and constant rejection. Any other country subject to that level of hatred and violence would have either disappeared or inflicted the same pain or worse on their attackers.

I think it's a testament to the Jewish way of bringing up their kids that they have done neither.

What makes the Israelis special in my view is that they have not reacted with like for like, by and large. They've remained calm, they've responded to the hatred and incitement with a sense of humour and used the minimal force required to keep themselves in business.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
Stu, with all due respect there is not much in the way of comparison between the NI troubles and the troubles in the Middle East, although I can see why it is a comfortable analogy. During Operation Cast Lead I had my own internal struggle and I thought the same thing at one point. However the analogy does not stand up to reasonable scrutiny:

Hey, thanks for the input. I'd like to go through each of your points in turn. Some I actually agree with, or at least see your point.

1) The IRA, or the republican movement, did not enjoy a majority of popular support in Ulster (although I understand they did in Ireland as a whole). Hamas's goals (Islamification of the region, downfall of the Israeli government) do enjoy popular support amongst Palestinians in varying degrees.

This is debatable. The IRA support waxed and waned depending on various factors, but they did enjoy widespread support amongst Catholics, but they are a minority in NI. What really killed the IRA support was Omagh.

2) The IRA did not have military control over any area - although they did have some authority over predominantly Catholic areas, they were not able to operate freely in those areas. The British maintained control throughout. Hamas, on the other hand, has complete and total control over the Gaza Strip (but not over its borders) - thanks to the disastrous concessionary policies of the Sharon government.

Again, debatable. Some area's of NI were "no go" area's except in extreme circumstances and if you did go, you knew you'd have a fight on your hands. Granted, it's not identical to Palestine, but the general feel is the same, which is "terrorists in some territory attacking you".

3) The attacks from Hamas are not comparable to the attacks on mainland Britain by the IRA. The IRA attacked civilian, political and military targets using explosive devices.

The IRA carried out sniper, rocket, mortar and machine gun attacks as well you know. Many were carried out from over the border with the Republic on army checkpoints.

Sound familiar?

4) The motivation is significantly different.

The enemies motivation should have no bearing on your response. Whether he means to destabalise your own people or provoke a response against his own, a tiny rocket shouldn't equal several tons of explosive dropped into an urban centre. In any rate, Hamas get what they want by Israel responding like they do.

5) We in Britain did not beat the IRA or republican terrorism. We maintained the status quo, and would have done so indefinitely. That's what governments tend to do (except Labour governments, which tend to legislate like there's no tomorrow until everything's broken). What finally defeated terrorism and the IRA was the drying up of funds from overseas (particularly the US) in the wake of 9/11. This made it easier to buy the IRA leadership.

Agreed. Israel could the same. If they didn't respond so harshly then Hamas would eventually luck out and look like the complete tit in front of their own people, who would see them for what they are, which is someone trying to provoke the big, bad neighbour to garner support.

6) We were never attacked by Ireland. If Ireland has started lobbing missiles into Protestant communities in Ulster, we would have retaliated with extreme prejudice.

Many attacks came from over the border by IRA units stationed there. The IRA often fled into Eire to escape capture or to resupply.

Ireland also planned to launch a guerilla war using a few battalions of the Irish Army in the 1960's. Luckily for them, one of their Generals thought about what would happen if the British found out and cancelled the plans.

[edit on 5/9/09 by stumason]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Probably more self-hating Israelis firing rockets at their neighbors so they can hand out a begging bowl to the world.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

www.israelnationalnews.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

Rocket lands near community in Sdot Negev Regional Council amidst talks of revived Mideast peace negotiations. No injuries or damage reported in attack

What strikes me is that such a thing would make a justifiable reason to delay/halt/alter or in any other way avoid haveing to make any concessions for a deal for peace.

False-flag event methinks

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I dont understand why this is a big deal. We have football and UFC, they like to blow each other up. You dont see me geting in the cage to split up a UFC fight or insisting one is the bully and one is the victim. We should just stay out of it and let them do their thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join