It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin gets over 1,070 Invitations ! OMG !

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Why do you guys keep going back to how bad Obama is. Many of us completely agree with you. But we don't about Palin and that's what we want to discuss.

What would make Palin such a wonderful, country-saving president?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Well, at least I'm trying to help.
It's better than name calling.
As far the foreign policy. Truth be told there are no easy answers.
Good luck with Iran.
Good luck with North Korea.
The terrorists are a rogue unit. Full of hate and that's about it.
No easy answers in Afghanistan.
It would be easier if they had a lot of oil to sell to build their nation.
All they have is heroin.
See what i mean?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Still no elaboration on Palin's stance on certain policies, except drilling and abortion. Those aren't exactly the holy grails on running an entire country.

Exactly!

And I still hear crickets nunya......

Honestly, I fear a Palin vs. Obama election.

Scary.

Let's hope for all of our sakes that doesn't happen.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
And once again America proves that any talking head can be enough to divide the nation down the middle.

Whilst you fight amongst yourselves about which puppet you naively think can win the next election in the rigged voting system, the master of puppets puts on a private show and the elite laugh at your expense.

That's right children, keep fighting amongst yourselves. Without unity, America will never be free of the shadow government.

And currently, the US has as much chance of a unified public as I do at becoming President. And I'm a foreigner.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by fooffstarr]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

Australia?
How is it going over there?
Do you think Sarah Palin would be step in right or wrong direction?
Over 1,070 people want her help because she is a step in the right
direction.
Does your country need saving also?
I don't know much about Australia.

What's the unemployment rate there?

PS. I think there would be a shadow government even with unity.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
well I thought I had heard it all. Palin supporters? Why? Because she looks so refreshing?

I think she would be a good diplomat to countries like France and Italy where there leaders believe and support any type of promiscious (sp?) behavior.

After all of what we have been through, I am amazed when people get excited about such idiots that are put before us as leaders.

Good luck with that one.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
quick question, when will you people stop looking to these clowns for leadership and answers. in my daily routine i come across countless people I would rather lead me, regardless of their qualifications as you see them. i wouldn't follow obama/bush/palin/mccain or any of the current elected officials, nor those of the recent past, to water in a desert (was going to use a much worse analogy but respectfully did not). Seems it doesn't matter, for a majority of the people I feel are connected to the world, in my immediate surroundings that is, have become A-political...I think I will follow suit in the absence of intelligence and sanity. Our country is not that great, it has committed crimes against humanity, as has almost every nation in recorded history. We value money and glamor over common sense and respect as a whole. I say we because as a human, furthermore, a human born and living in the United States I accept responsibility for everyone's actions, in the hope others will as well. I hope we can learn to forgive each other, move on and start coming together as a species, and I would rather die trying than to live in a dog-eat-dog world. Palin is a mega-huge-uber-epic joke by the way...please enlighten me as to her qualifications as a decent human being and a solid leader please...her track record proves nothing and her (in)ability to speak to other humans on a real level is absurd, even by politician standards.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I'd like to send her an invitation to dance at my birthday party. No way I'd vote for her though.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Australia?
How is it going over there?

Fine thanks. We are the only western nation not to officially be in recession so thanks for asking.

Do you think Sarah Palin would be step in right or wrong direction?
Over 1,070 people want her help because she is a step in the right
direction.

And what makes you think after the road that Bush / Clinton / Bush / Obama have paved that the next president will be any different, regardless of their party, sex, colour or public speaking ability? Face it, they are all on the same side: The 'screw the people and make ourselves rich and powerful' side.

Does your country need saving also?
I don't know much about Australia.

We don't need saving thanks. See my first comment.

Also, I can understand that you wouldn't know much about us... I mean... being horribly insular and focusing on yourselves is the American way right?

What's the unemployment rate there?

A steady 5 - 6% compared to the US' 9 - 10%. Thanks for asking.

PS. I think there would be a shadow government even with unity.

The only reason the general American public are so nonchalant about their political controllers is the 2 party system. It divides the nation, turns neighbor against neighbor and ultimately is the perfect distraction from the fact that both parties tend to carry on the 'mistakes' (or in their case, opportunities) of each other when presidents change over.

If the American people unified and chose not to follow the system any longer, the powerbrokers would be beaten. You can't run a country without a cooperative citizenry.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
There are going to be a lot of disappointed people on this site when Palin doesn't start running for president in two years. She's simply cashing in now on her name, and her loyal fan base. And I hope she makes a lot of money, because she'll never be president.

Sarah Palin is her own worst enemy. Newt Gingrich recognized her great weakness. Conventional wisdom states that Sarah Palin is intellectually shallow, and overly sensitive to political sniping. That perception of her as solidified in the last year, and she has done nothing to self correct it. Her public war of words with Letterman, regardless of the outcome, regardless of the the PR buzz for both parties, helped shaped negative public opinion towards her. In short, Palin played into her enemies' hand, by allowed them to create a caricature out of her. They turned her into a joke, and she did nothing to help her situation by going on SNL and getting mocked.

Gingrich was right in advising Palin to rebrand herself, because the brand name itself is damaged. Instead of listening to Gingrich, and doing what Nixon did in the sixties, traveling the country making serious policy speeches, and studying social events. Then becoming an expert on one or two topics of national interest, she did the exact the opposite. She's relying on personality, and not skills. She twitters, instead doing Meet the Press. She quits mid term, without offering any reasonable explanation as to why. It is difficult for the public to take her seriously. And it is that difficulty that ultimately dooms her political career.

Her resume reads thin, because it is thin. And she appears intellectually shallow, because she has shown no interest in being intellectually curious.

After the fiasco of quitting her governorship mid term, her presidential aspirations evaporated. Palin is certainly supported by 75% of Republicans now, but nearly 60% of Independents and 80% of Democrats won't vote for her under any circumstances. And, that's without opposition commercials playing 4 times an hour, every day for 6 months.

Given the demographic disadvantages currently facing the GOP, the road is hard, and long, with a pretty quick end in sight. With the hispanic voting bloc growing in New Mexico, Arizona, and Colorado, it's looking more and more unlikely that NW and CO will turn blue any time soon. Palin might recapture North Carolina, but not Iowa. Not Ohio. Probably not Virginia.

More over, she would still have to defeat Huckabee and Romney, Pawlenty, and probably Charlie Crist, in what promises to be a very brutal, very long, and very bloody GOP primary. There is an entrenched Republican network that is resisting her very existence. What you'll end with is a wounded candidate, who just got torn to pieces, who will then have to convince dissatisfied Republican supporters of the other primary candidates, Hispanics, Blacks, and Liberals to vote against their own best interests to unseat a still very popular president. And that's not going to happen.

There aren't enough conservatives alone to elect a president. They are an ever shrinking electorate that is getting smaller and smaller every single day. That means that they will have to build a coalition if they want to win. That means giving up certain key issues. If you want Hispanics, it's immigration. If you want liberals, you have to give up on the war and health care. Palin is 100% pro-life, even in cases of rape. How do you get women voters to go along with that? How do you win the great lakes without union voters?

Health Care isn't the silver bullet that the GOP is looking for. It's astroturfing, and it might make great copy on Youtube, but in reality, it's not really moving anyone. Polling numbers for Obama, and the GOP have largely remained unaffected, besides a short term drop, which will be erased when the final bill is actually passed - whether through reconciliation or a watered down version of the house bill.

The most important thing to note, when in 3 years, the nation has not slid into fascism. when the nation has not locked Republicans up in train cars. When death panels have not killed grandma, or confiscated firearms, voters will remember how crazy and baseless these charges are, and they will be unforgiving in the voting booth. Voters do not like being publicly perceived as supporting fringe extremism and sedition. Those who support such over the top rhetoric should note this, and note this well. There's really nowhere else for this type of angry rhetoric to go, except outright calls for violence, and there are three years to go before the next presidential election.

Republicans will not be rewarded for extremism, and unless they start coalition building like tomorrow, Obama will win a second term.

Sorry.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Well damn..why didn't I think of that.

Make Colin Powell a Czar and Tort Reform.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

Cheney/Palin 2012!

Hey! It's a start.
Look at it this way. You have start someplace. Start there.
BTW,Cheney is too old for VP.
I like Fred Thompson or Mike Huckabee.
I gave you 2 dos. Now for the don'ts.
Don't send the unions to the townhall meetings to rough up
old people. - Counterproductive -
Don't call opponents "unamerican". It just throws gas on the fire.
Good luck getting Pelosi under control.
Don't spend money like drunken sailors.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Look at it this way. Somebody has to be in charge.
I'll take Sarah.
I'm glad things are going well down there.
Don't worry about the USA. We will work it out.
We always do.
We look at it as an opportunity for growth.
Truth be told we have the technology and the means to solve all
of our problems. We just need the right messenger.
Also timing and perception are critical.
Thanks for caring.
BTW, thank you for your assistance in the Iraq war.
The USA will be with you always.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Do you have any more blatant right wing crap thread you want to post??

Seriously?

Do you know any facts? Do you have any idea about anything that is happening in this country?

What does Palin support? Where does Palin stand on this issues?

Do you know?

hey,, stop with the impossible questions

how possibly could he?????

sarah palin doesn't even know that yet,,,, accept she can see russia

if palin is the frontrunner in 2012.,,,, i will puke,,,,, and i bet ron paul will be marginalized again

hell even romney would be better,,, way better than mcQuack last year

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
sarah palin is a joke. she wants attention, nothing more.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

We'd be hard pressed to find a less intelligent candidate, even Bush would cringe at Sarah Palin's rudimentary language skills and logical inconsistencies...

That being said, I'd like to clarify that any politician, of any party, is likely a puppet at least those that WIN are either already puppets or will be soon enough corrupted and tied up with strings...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

reply to post by dooper

When they have NO INTENTION of doing so. NONE. Not one idea...all i hear are flat taxes and fair taxes but all this does is hurt the poor/middle class and help the rich!

Liberals want to raise taxes on corporations...but you can't do that without repealing NAFTA or the few factory jobs we have left will be gone.

For god sakes people need to get it together. We are running out of time.

Well said. We need tor repeal NAFTA before anything else. We are running out of time and this seems to be the game plan. Divide us into bickering over which side tkes us over the cliff sooner.

The elite are killing the American middle class because they fear us. they fear we will keep them in check and not let them own the entire world.

Since the 80's both sides have been messing with the middle class and I cant understand how anyone can be a cheerleader for either side.

After the way the Bush administration ruined our nation I thought just maybe people would get a clue.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
We're really lucky these two didn't win the election!
Otherwise we would be smack dab in the middle of even more wars!
(Besides the ones bush/cheney got us in already)
Just wait till 2012, I'm sure!
War is fun AND profitable for our buddies!
That must be why we like it so much!
(and continually go in debt fighting them and justifying it all)
Remember this guy?

How about straight from the mooses ass?

Boy oh boy, I cant wait till 2012, when the nukes fall!
THATS whats up in 2012! 4 MORE WARS!
Thanks GOP, appreciate the wars and tax cuts for the rich!

Oh, you forgot to keep us safe from your financial terrorists,
didn't you?
Heres some informed voters right here! Look familier?

[edit on 1-9-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Lets look at these politicians as puppets not heros, ok?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Ah, David9176,
Typical progressive. You have no facts to counter Sarah Palin so you respond with a personal attack. If you don't agree with what she stands for, let's see some FACTS.
In the meantime, think about this; McCaine lost the electtion because he was supposed to. He was supposed to lock up the Republican nomination and then lay back in the weeds so Obama could win. Remember how, when Sarah started blowing the doors off all across the country, how McCaine's own staff started leakihng anything and everything to try to make her look bad? Remember when Michigan started sliding to the Dems and Sarah wanted to go to Michigan,, certain she could do some good and McCaine refused to allow it?
While you're thinking about that, try this: who is the one individual who has invested millions in every anti-American program and organization one the planet(including the U.N.). Who is the one individual who has contributed millions to every politician and lobbiest of every stripe in the U.S.? Who is the individual who, now that his empty-suit front man is president, has started attending congressional and senate committee meetings in Washington? Who is the man who seems to have a teflon shield such that even men like Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck sort of throw his name out as they run by? Everyone knows he's there but everyone ignores him/ What should be happening is that all his assets be seized, his citizenship be revoked and he be shipped back to wherever he came from.
That's why McCaine lost.
But I do not believe, If Sarah chooses to run in 2011, that she will fail. Sarah is true, she is honest and she belongs to all of us. Even if you can't lose the leftist cant, she will still stand up for you.
Get a life.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldArmyGuy

In the meantime, think about this; McCaine lost the electtion because he was supposed to.

SNIP

While you're thinking about that, try this: who is the one individual who has invested millions in every anti-American program and organization one the planet(including the U.N.).

Get a life.

First, you might be taken seriously if you actually spelled McCain's name right. I usually don't play school teacher on the internet, but you could have least gotten his name correct in one of the many times you used it.

Second, you charged this mysterious American with controlling everything, but never actually named him. Is it because his reach is so great that he could smite you down simply for writing his name in public? Do people say his name aloud only in hushed whispers under the cover of night, hiding under their bed, while they shake in fear?

Or maybe, you were so upset by this great liberal injustice, that you rushed to Palin's defense without really thinking your argument through very well.

I bet that happens a lot.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join