It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin gets over 1,070 Invitations ! OMG !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Oh God. Not Ron Paul.
However, i would like to see him at the presidential debate.
Put Ross Perot on the stage also.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

We gotta get an indi in there. Though I was a friend of Fred. . .

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
The irony is the same people who get a chill down their leg when Obama's name is mentioned, who get giddy, -sigh- (he's so dreamy) when Obama does town halls, or when he breaks his promises (it's Bush's fault). . .

are the same ones that go, "Sarah Palin? She's nothing but gloss and flash, no substance, no intelligence."

That goes both ways...just switch the names...see my previous posts saying the exact same thing about Sarah Palin "lovers".

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Yes, Ron Paul worshipers are just as bad. In the interest of integrity, I should say that I voted for him. But I also don't believe he's going to save the world. He MIGHT takes some steps in the right direction, but he could very well end up being like all the other jokers.

Besides, he might very well be just another player in "the game".

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by jsobecky

The country was already over the cliff. He's just trying to make it hit the ground harder.

And you persist in stepping on the accelerator.

Edit to add: Their is no difference because you all started chastising Obama supporters before he was even elected.

You're damned right I did. I've been against him since the first time I laid eyes on him - I sensed he was a liar and a crook, and it turns out I was right.

You waiting for me to apologize for that? Not gonna happen.

Man, you would really have to have a hard, dense head if you can't even admit that you're love affair with Palin isn't just as bad as others' love affair with Obama.

Man, you are really obsessed with my feelings about Palin and Obama.

Here's a clue: start discussing the issues instead of me.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Is she gonna walk halfway out of the speech? For the good of Alaska?

second line

You mean like Obama did on the voters of Illinois? He announced his candidacy 174 days into his term, iirc.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Wow - 1070 invitations. It looks like giving up being the gov. may just be working out for her.

Anyway - Love her or hate her it is easy to see why she has gotten so many invitations. She is a very polarizing person. There seems to be no middle ground on Palin. People either love her or hate her - often with a passion. Very few seem to be "middle of the road" on Palin.

Need evidence of this? - Go back and read the previous posts in this thread. Lots of post very pro-Palin and lots of very anti-Palin pots.

My two cents - when you find someone or something like Palin - its like discovering a gold mine for a person looking to make a quick buck off of our great nation's ever churnning political mud fights.

Think of this is way, you have a political venue, meeting, show, etc. It doesn't really matter if you like her or hate her. If you book her for your event that is media buzz, hype and controversy.

And that, my friends, means people in the seats and money in the bank. Which at the end of the day is probably what its all about. It usually is.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Frogs]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

The direction this country is headed in is show biz? I don't think of a politician as a celebrity.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

But when most politicians do that, they are actually running for something.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

You're damned right I did. I've been against him since the first time I laid eyes on him - I sensed he was a liar and a crook, and it turns out I was right.

Well if thats right, then YOU and I are not very good at voting

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I don't know, seeing as how you tried to say that the majority of Americans support abortion. I find that claim dubious.

They do...IN SOME FORM. The majority of people support it when it comes to RAPE AND INCEST.

See, David, this is where you often go off-track. You take the extremes and try to extrapolate them into some kind of all-inclusive absolute truth.

I can say that I do not personally know anybody who would deny a woman an abortion in the case of rape or incest. Maybe you do.

But that does not in any way mean that they support the concept or practice of abortion.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

But when most politicians do that, they are actually running for something.

Doesn't make it right, does it? Desertion is desertion. Not my term, desertion, but some call it that.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by winotka

The direction this country is headed in is show biz? I don't think of a politician as a celebrity.

Think Ronald Reagan.
Governor California. Actor. One of the best presidents this nation
has ever had. You just have to be a good communicator.
Sarah looks great on TV.
Go Sarah!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

When someone runs for another office and wins, that is a promotion. Not desertion. Since most politicians don't have much choice over when elections are,I am sure if given a choice they would finish out their terms.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I took your advice and searched out Palin's facebook page. I found it quite amusing that her page has 848,097 supporters, while the group named "1,000,000 Strong Against Sarah Palin" has only 197,252 members!!!

What a lot of the negative, name calling, label applying people here need to realize is that a lot of people (I won't say 'most' because I can't prove that), are like me and see hope in Palin because she appears sincere, down to earth and REAL. I like her, not because she is a Republican, but because she bucks the Republican party. I like her, not because she is a conservative, but because she is not ashamed to express her values. She says what she believes and does not apologize for it and doesn't use the "misspoke" excuse when she is challenged.

I did not vote for McCain/Palin, but I would have seriously considered voting for Palin/McCain. Those who continue to bash the OP need to realize the Republicans didn't lose to Obama. They lost because of McCain, who is not conservative.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Vaast

That Palin should be receiving invitations says a lot about certain folk of voting age

It's disturbing

Very disturbing

Well dont look at this video on this website if you think palin is
disturbing...

The appleseed project

The video pales in comparison with the list of places these guys
are going to to train ppl to shoot the rifleman's quarter mile.

Long list of appleseed get togethers...

You didn't see things like this 10 years ago.

This does not bode well.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
The country was already over the cliff. He's just trying to make it hit the ground harder.

And you persist in stepping on the accelerator.

What are you talking about? I just agreed with you. How am I "stepping on the accelerator"? What does that have to do with anything?

You waiting for me to apologize for that? Not gonna happen.

I don't care that you jumped to conclusions about him and turned out to be (very) right. Nothing to apologize for there.

I care because you implied that the difference between those who love Sarah and those who love Obama is that Obama supporters still love him after all his "8 months of screw ups" (as you said). My POINT WAS that there is no difference because Palin/Obama--whomever!--were both so vehemently loved by their (more-alike-than-they-know-it) supporters BEFORE they even had a chance to make a mistake as Prez., yet Palin supporters still mocked Obama supporters as messiah worshipers, EVEN BEFORE obama was the Prez. while failing to realize that they were (and are) exactly like Obama supporters.

You don't have to apologize to me for hating

Man, you would really have to have a hard, dense head if you can't even admit that you're love affair with Palin isn't just as bad as others' love affair with Obama.

Man, you are really obsessed with my feelings about Palin and Obama.

Here's a clue: start discussing the issues instead of me.

There is no issue to discuss here. The OP highlighted no issue. Just told us all how warm and squishy he feels about Sarah Palin and the GOP. Then mocked (and generalized) liberals while making very partisan attacks.

Ergo, I'm not "obsessed" with your feelings. I'm "obsessed" with trying to get people who are part of the problem to realize the error of their ways and quit with all the partisan rhetoric and I figure that will happen once you realize you are just like the very people you claim to hate!

Only THEN can we have a real discussion.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I like her, and Im not a republican , democrat or third party. And that was my very first impression of her. I let my intuition decide. Don't any of you ever use that ? Sometimes you can just tell. No one is perfect...neither is Mrs. Alaska, but at least she is down to earth. Feels like more of "one of us" type of people.

my 2cents. back to alien form.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

You're right. Desertion is desertion and that's what Sarah Palin did.

Obama was elected to be the president and the people voted for him knowing that he might win the presidency because they wanted to "be safe' in case he didn't. This happens ALL THE TIME.

That's how much they wanted him to be Senator again and that's exactly how much Sarah Palin's supporters wanted her to be Governor again except that she WALKED OUT ON THEM.

How many times does THAT happen?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I know where she stands on energy policy. I know where she stands on national defense. I know where she stands on family values, including whether it is OK to toss a newborn that survives an abortion into a closet to die.

I can say that I do not personally know anybody who would deny a woman an abortion in the case of rape or incest. Maybe you do.

This doublespeak is confusing to Connector
Please explain

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join