It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin gets over 1,070 Invitations ! OMG !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Good Gawd! I couldn't agree with you any more. It's absolutely impossible for such a thing to happen.

I'm also sick of people assuming if you disagree with them then you agree with the "other side". As if there's only two kinds of people in this country and they all think like only one side or the other.

It IS getting ridiculous. It's like this amnesia has set in fast and hard for most republicans. Even sadder is the idea that they not only saw the Bush years as wonderful but they place all blame squarely on Obama's shoulders. As if one man could put the country is such a state as it is today in just a few months time.

He certainly isn't doing a damn thing to make it better, but it certainly isn't all his doing either.

So I'm at a complete loss when people pray for a return to Republican congressional power (and lick their salivating lips at the hope of a republican presidency next term) while forgetting all the while that it was the gawd dang republicans who got us into this atrocious mess in the first place and it's the dems who are just beating a dead horse.

You're right, these people ARE the problem...and that goes for righties, lefties, conservatives, and liberals alike who think that staying in sync with the status quo is going to make this country as great and glorious as it SHOULD BE!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

But, I digress, it's equally okay for people to fall so much in love with Palin that they start threads like these that might as well be a love letter to her, but people chastise Obama supporters for their equal devotion to him as Palin supporters have for her.

Well, the difference is, we've seen eight months of Obama screw-ups and that is enough to label him as a perennial incompetent loser.

It turns out our worst fears and predictions are coming true. He is driving this country over the cliff.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

It's not all bad. A sleeping giant is awake.
Team Obama is blowing it and then making it worse.
We will not go over the cliff.
Look at it as an opportunity for growth.
Now we have REAL hope for REAL change November 2010.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by nunya13

Don't worry about me. I'll call them as hypocritical and double-standard when I see them.

You still have yet to elaborate on what makes me a hypocrite when you just went and picked some posters comments in an inconspicuous thread that was directed at YOU (still feeling the sting from it obviously) that I didn't even read. I've called out people from all sides who make such comments.

I said it before, I'll say it again...people like this degrade ATS to a standard I and many others are not comfortable with. But people like YOU only care when it's directed at you. This is quite obvious in the fact that you have yet to make a comment about the OP's partisan and childish attacks on all liberals that alludes to it being unacceptable behavior on ATS.

He has some vague and dubious notions on abortion. It is perfectly reasonable to 'vet' him when he makes such statements.

Vague and dubious don't begin to describe what he said. He said most Americans agree with abortion. Maybe he should have been more succinct and said "legalized" abortion but it was most obviously a given. You took "agree with aboriton" and ran with it by saying he thought unsuccessfully aborted babies didn't have any rights. I repeat...this was a pretty big leap.

Do some research on his votes in the Illinois state senate. Here's a nibbler:

Summary and comment by NRLC spokesman Douglas Johnson: "Newly obtained documents prove that in 2003, Barack Obama, as chairman of an Illinois state Senate committee, voted down a bill to protect live-born survivors of abortion -- even after the panel had amended the bill to contain verbatim language, copied from a federal bill passed by Congress without objection in 2002, explicitly foreclosing any impact on abortion. Obama's legislative actions in 2003 -- denying effective protection even to babies born alive during abortions -- were contrary to the position taken on the same language by even the most liberal members of Congress. The bill Obama killed was virtually identical to the federal bill that even NARAL ultimately did not oppose."

www.nrlc.org...

I'll have to get back to you on this since you gave me a biased source (naughty naughty...you should know better than that) and there are two sides to every story...but I do seem to recall my father mentioning this to me in a conversation we were having during election season and he said that Obama voted "no" because there was already an effective law that protected these babies and the one that was up for vote had language that could essentially make any abortion illegal. But, like I said, I'll look more into that.

edit: typo

[edit on 31-8-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Hey, you want to give me some time to answer???

That was for the original poster...who never answered me from my original post.

But please elaborate if you'd like.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by David9176]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The country was already over the cliff. He's just trying to make it hit the ground harder.

Edit to add: Their is no difference because you all started chastising Obama supporters before he was even elected. You can't tell me you are justified for being blatantly hypocritical as if everyone JUST started mocking Obama supporters for their adoration of him regardless of his screw ups.

Man, you would really have to have a hard, dense head if you can't even admit that you're love affair with Palin isn't just as bad as others' love affair with Obama.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Along with Mr. Obama's epic fail, Palin will surely give conservatives a huge win in 2010.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing Palin everywhere in the months to come!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Along with Mr. Obama's epic fail, Palin will surely give conservatives a huge win in 2010.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing Palin everywhere in the months to come!

I don't know about the first part, especially given the second part, which I happen to agree with whole heartedly. She could be the trojan horse nuke that finally scatters the vaporized remnants to all four corners of creation. There will surely be fallout, so don your radiation suits.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Keep an eye on her Facebook page. Click on notes.
Her last post is sending millions of Americans to Glenn Beck.
That is where her Death Panel post made the Senators
jump up, run over and rip out the "End of Life" counseling
on ObamaCare.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The irony is the same people who get a chill down their leg when Obama's name is mentioned, who get giddy, -sigh- (he's so dreamy) when Obama does town halls, or when he breaks his promises (it's Bush's fault). . .

are the same ones that go, "Sarah Palin? She's nothing but gloss and flash, no substance, no intelligence."

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

*looks around for a candid camera and wonders if this thread was made by Ashton Kucher*

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This thread reads like a bad comedy. Really bad.

I don't know what Sarah is up to, but this country has done some pretty stupid things. So I wouldn't put it past the GOP to use her looks and her firecracker personality to make up more huge lies to gain votes for the GOP in 2010. Lying is her specialty.

Originally posted by nunya13
Man, you would really have to have a hard, dense head if you can't even admit that you're love affair with Palin isn't just as bad as others' love affair with Obama.

From September:
Sarah Palin is the GOP's Obama!

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Is she gonna walk halfway out of the speech? For the good of Alaska?

second line

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Wow ... do they just build on their crappy evil politicians?

Think about it ... they get Bush the WORST EVER ... then Obama who is EVEN WORSE ... and then Palin ... who will end up being worse than Bush and Obama put together!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

She is walking into the White House oval office.
We just need to find a good VP.
I was thinking Mike Huckabee or Fred Thompson.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

Cursed restraint of mine. I was going to say essentially the same thing but chickened out. It really looks that way with the furious search for saviors here, saviors there and everywhere. If it's not Obama or Palin, it's Ron Paul.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

I was thinking Daffy Duck, Skulitor and/or Mr Potato head is a good fit, by gollie...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Portland,Oregon?
My grandparents live up there.
I take it you're not a Sarah Palin fan.
The American people love her. Give her a chance.
There is a really good reason EVERYBODY wants her to help them get
elected.
What's the unemployment rate in Oregon?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Ron Paul. Let's mix it up a bit.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Ok, I'll utilize knowledge on another level and play hardball. The attempt to manifest this visualization into reality through exercise of will on other's feminine priciple is hereby denied.

Callout to diminish and disperse. I AM!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join