It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin gets over 1,070 Invitations ! OMG !

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

And she is still going down and down in scientific polls, she is bringing the Republican party down further and further.

Enjoy the ride!

[edit on 9/3/2009 by Uniceft17]

[edit on 9/3/2009 by Uniceft17]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

I'm enjoying the ride all the way to Washington DC.
There is a really good reason 1,070 people want her help.
Think about it.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Really what might that be.

I had no idea that invitations were a scientific representation of the US.

I'd rather stick to the polls:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

The reason they are inviting Sarah is because the American
people love her. She is a great communicator.
She is also good looking. I'm sorry but that counts. It just does.
Have you read some of posts by the far left?
Unconditional hate for Sarah and Dick Cheney.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Unconditional hate for Sarah and Dick Cheney.

Hmmm. Did you happen to catch any of the fond remembrances in the Ted Kennedy thread? Shoe on other foot my friend. And if you are gaga over her looks then you really have a low threshold for character.

ON TOPIC:

I suspect on the long term political radar screen, that ultimately Ms. Palin will be a "blip."

Can you say Geraldine Ferraro meets Monica Lewinsky. Where are they now?

Because 15 minutes of fame is about 14 minutes too long.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Can't excuse that.
I don't believe in speaking ill of the departed.
His family has been through hell.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by kinda kurious

You want a simple yes/no answer?

OK, the answer is NO.

And that ladies and gentlemen is why we need not concern ourselves any further with the arguments this person has put fourth. When someone can look you in the eye and say with conviction that the sky is green, it is best to leave them to their "facts" and opinions.
To engage them further only saps you of energy and accomplishes nothing of value.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

LOL

Thanks to everyone who posted on here for giving me a good laugh.

Watching you all quibble back and forth really brightened my day.

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I agree with you 100%.... These left wing nut jobs that can't think for themselves (they want the government to do it for them) get so pissed when a CONSERVATIVE is listened to and liked. No matter who it is! They are in a frenzy because they no they are loosing the small majority they had because of there politics and communist redoric! GO SARAH!!!!!!

I also know what she stands for and its things that I believe in as well.
No big communist government, I agree!

No partial birth abortions, I agree! How can people think it okay to kill a baby in the womb that can survive and crack its skull? Yet they want to save all the animals??? HELLO?????

Lower taxes, I agree.... And I am not rich!

It is funny because when the libs are threatened all they do is talk S%^T because they don't have the brains to fight with dignity!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Victoria 1

"are loosing the small majority they had because of there politics and communist redoric! GO SARAH!!!!!!"

We can't think for ourselves but we can, thank goodness, spell, lol.
Next.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

Originally posted by Scopeless
I am afraid of Sarah Palin because she mainstreams hatred towards the left. Instead of debate, she instills fear and violence in her speeches, and it's sad that it's the direction the right is headed.

Really...the "left" has never done this?

How many times have I seen commercials from dems scaring seniors, middle class families and children because of those greedy, rich Republicans.

Open your eyes, it swings both ways. Both parties suck.

Did I say the left never did this? No. But Sarah definitely does.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I noticed there was a lot of talk about death panels,
or rationing,

Obama's Health Rationer-in-Chief
White House health-care adviser Ezekiel Emanuel blames the Hippocratic Oath for the 'overuse' of medical care.

online.wsj.com...

Holdren puts forth in his book:

"Indeed, it has been concluded that compulsory population-control laws, even including laws requiring compulsory abortion, could be sustained under the existing Constitution if the population crisis became sufficiently severe to endanger the society."

"Adding a sterilant to drinking water or staple foods is a suggestion that seems to horrify people more than most proposals for involuntary fertility control. Indeed, this would pose some very difficult political, legal, and social questions, to say nothing of the technical problems. No such sterilant exists today, nor does one appear to be under development. To be acceptable, such a substance would have to meet some rather stiff requirements: it must be uniformly effective, despite widely varying doses received by individuals, and despite varying degrees of fertility and sensitivity among individuals; it must be free of dangerous or unpleasant side effects; and it must have no effect on members of the opposite sex, children, old people, pets, or livestock."

"A program of sterilizing women after their second or third child, despite the relatively greater difficulty of the operation than vasectomy, might be easier to implement than trying to sterilize men. The development of a long-term sterilizing capsule that could be implanted under the skin and removed when pregnancy is desired opens additional possibilities for coercive fertility control. The capsule could be implanted at puberty and might be removable, with official permission, for a limited number of births."

A "Planetary Regime"

The Planetary Regime might be given responsibility for determining the optimum population for the world and for each region and for arbitrating various countries' shares within their regional limits. Control of population size might remain the responsibility of each government, but the Regime would have some power to enforce the agreed limits."

power to enforce by an international superagency

blog.acton.org...

“Vague promises of savings from cutting waste, enhancing prevention and wellness, installing electronic medical records and improving quality of care are merely ‘lipstick’ cost control, more for show and public relations than for true change.”

True reform, he argues, must include redefining doctors’ ethical obligations. In the June 18, 2008, issue of JAMA, Dr. Emanuel blames the Hippocratic Oath for the “overuse” of medical care.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
[H]e explicitly advocates rationing based on what appears to be a quality of life measurement. From the piece [in the Hastings Center Report]:

This civic republican or deliberative democratic conception of the good provides both procedural and substantive insights for developing a just allocation of health care resources. Procedurally, it suggests the need for public forums to deliberate about which health services should be considered basic and should be socially guaranteed. Substantively, it suggests services that promote the continuation of the polity-those that ensure healthy future generations, ensure development of practical reasoning skills, and ensure full and active participation by citizens in public deliberations-are to be socially guaranteed as basic. Conversely, services provided to individuals who are irreversibly prevented from being or becoming participating citizens are not basic and should not be guaranteed. An obvious example is not guaranteeing health services to patients with dementia.

blog.acton.org...

There is also a chart in his book,

the very young and the very old deserve only minimum care while those at a productive age should be given the maximize care.

reminds me of slavery.

That is all we are actually.

Here is the Reaper Curve

"Principles for Allocation of Scarce Medical Interventions" The Lancet, January 31, 2009

The Reaper Curve: Ezekiel Emanuel used the above chart in a Lancet article to illustrate the ages on which health spending should be focused.

whether to save one 20-year-old, who might live another 60 years, if saved, or three 70-year-olds, who could only live for another 10 years each—is unclear." In fact, Dr. Emanuel makes a clear choice: "When implemented, the complete lives system produces a priority curve on which individuals aged roughly 15 and 40 years get the most substantial chance, whereas the youngest and oldest people get changes that are attenuated (see Dr. Emanuel's chart nearby).

Dr. Emanuel concedes that his plan appears to discriminate against older people, but he explains:

"Unlike allocation by sex or race, allocation by age is not invidious discrimination. . . . Treating 65 year olds differently because of stereotypes or falsehoods would be ageist; treating them differently because they have already had more life-years is not."

The youngest are also put at the back of the line:

The youngest are also put at the back of the line: "Adolescents have received substantial education and parental care, investments that will be wasted without a complete life. Infants, by contrast, have not yet received these investments. . . . As the legal philosopher Ronald Dworkin argues, 'It is terrible when an infant dies, but worse, most people think, when a three-year-old dies and worse still when an adolescent does,' this argument is supported by empirical surveys." (thelancet.com, Jan. 31, 2009).

online.wsj.com...

So to say Palin is totally delusional is unfair.

Dr. Emanuel has fought for a government takeover of health care for over a decade. In 1993, he urged that President Bill Clinton impose a wage and price freeze on health care to force parties to the table. "The desire to be rid of the freeze will do much to concentrate the mind," he wrote with another author in a Feb. 8, 1993, Washington Post op-ed. Now he recommends arm-twisting Chicago style.

"Every favor to a constituency should be linked to support for the health-care reform agenda," he wrote last Nov. 16 in the Health Care Watch Blog. "If the automakers want a bailout, then they and their suppliers have to agree to support and lobby for the administration's health-reform effort."

We are living in dangerous times.

Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel Obama's health adviser and brother Of Obama's close friend and adviser Rahm.

Holdren is Obama's science czar.

There is no way Obama is not aware of this man's goals.
Along with Obama's new communist eco czar Van Jones,

They are all a bunch of radicals.

[edit on 113030p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
How Big Pharma's Billy Tauzin conned the White House out of $76 billion.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Connect the dots.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

The Death Panels were real.
Sarah Palin made them rip out the "End of Life" government
advisors. Pelosi might sneak it back in. Time will tell.
I know what they are thinking.
- ObamaCare -
It's now or never!
Well, ok then. We the people of America choose "Never".
We do not want the Canadian Health Care system down here.
We not want to see a Trojan Horse bill either.
We do not want Cap and Trade.
That is a job killer.
We want Obama to fail - fail - fail.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

The Death Panels were real.
Sarah Palin made them rip out the "End of Life" government
advisors. Pelosi might sneak it back in. Time will tell.
I know what they are thinking.
- ObamaCare -
It's now or never!
Well, ok then. We the people of America choose "Never".
We do not want the Canadian Health Care system down here.
We not want to see a Trojan Horse bill either.
We do not want Cap and Trade.
That is a job killer.
We want Obama to fail - fail - fail.

Yeah, talking to people about living wills is evil. The U.S. health system is ranked 36th in the world. But you just keep defending big insurance and pharma... they love you for it.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

If we are 36th, why is everybody coming here to the USA for health
care? The Canadians run down here for surgery. They go to Texas.
If ObamaCare sends the USA down the toilet, then the Canadians
say they will travel all the way to India.
They have good doctors there.
The Republicans have a better solution than ObamaCare.
Pelosi and Obama don't want to hear it.
Public Option or bust.
It looks like ...........bust.
The magical words that look great during focus groups will
not help Obama 9/9/2009.
I think i can see the response from Sarah Palin already.
"Nice try. We can do better."

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Dear angus, ( love that name btw)

Obama is in cahoots with big pharma.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am for some kind of reform, but I don't trust the government.

care?

, President Obama, and congressional Democrats fail to provide along with the rank number when promoting government-run healthcare is what the WHO used to arrive at these numbers. In 2008 Glen Whitman of the Cato Institute released a paper that explains the WHO’s methodology in terms that average Americans can understand found here: www.cato.org...

Notice that I highlighted the word Distribution in two of the above factors. These two factors are included to measure how healthcare is distributed to the population of a given country. That’s right, they don’t measure the quality of the healthcare, they measure if poor people have the same health level and responsiveness as the rich.

The next factor is Financial Fairness

there is no measurement of the quality of healthcare received, just the equality or inequality of healthcare distribution.

When Costa Rica ranks higher than the United States in the OP ranking (36 versus 37), that does not mean Costa Ricans get better health care than Americans. Americans most likely get better health care—just not as much better as could be expected given how much more America spends.

Anyone paying attention has heard President Obama or some other Democrat say that we pay more in this country for healthcare than any other country and yet we are still ranked 37th in the world. However, when looking at how the rankings were determined, it becomes clear that the global bureaucrats at the WHO are telling the United States our ranking did not suffer in spite of the amount spent on healthcare expenses, rather it suffered because we spend so much and they think our system should still be better. This is Obama’s basis for pushing to overhaul our entire healthcare system?

Can anyone be trusted?

UK's NHS 'Liverpool Care Pathway' Looks an Awful Lot Like a Death Panel From Here

newsbusters.org...

Sentenced to death on the NHS
Patients with terminal illnesses are being made to die prematurely under an NHS scheme to help end their lives, leading doctors have warned.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Under NHS guidance introduced across England to help doctors and medical staff deal with dying patients, they can then have fluid and drugs withdrawn and many are put on continuous sedation until they pass away.

But this approach can also mask the signs that their condition is improving, the experts warn.

As a result the scheme is causing a “national crisis” in patient care, the letter states. It has been signed palliative care experts including Professor Peter Millard, Emeritus Professor of Geriatrics, University of London, Dr Peter Hargreaves, a consultant in Palliative Medicine at St Luke’s cancer centre in Guildford, and four others.

“Forecasting death is an inexact science,”they say. Patients are being diagnosed as being close to death “without regard to the fact that the diagnosis could be wrong.

“As a result a national wave of discontent is building up, as family and friends witness the denial of fluids and food to patients."

Emanuel, however, believes that “communitarianism” should guide decisions on who gets care. He says medical care should be reserved for the non-disabled, not given to those “who are irreversibly prevented from being or becoming participating citizens . . . An obvious example is not guaranteeing health services to patients with dementia” (Hastings Center Report, Nov.-Dec. ‘96).

“Unlike allocation by sex or race, allocation by age is not invidious discrimination; every person lives through different life stages rather than being a single age. Even if 25-year-olds receive priority over 65-year-olds, everyone who is 65 years now was previously 25 years” (Lancet, Jan. 31).

Ezekiel Immanuel

This is all so cold and calculated, unless you agree with him, I guess.

[edit on 013030p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Oh trust me I'm seriously disappointed with Obama on several fronts.
He is in many ways the Bush Redux.

But Republicans are morally bankrupt on the issue. I hate to be pragmatic on such an important topic, but given the toxic environment in the country right now, as well as the willful ignorance of the right, I have to be.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

care? The Canadians run down here for surgery. They go to Texas.
If ObamaCare sends the USA down the toilet, then the Canadians
say they will travel all the way to India.
They have good doctors there.
The Republicans have a better solution than ObamaCare.
Pelosi and Obama don't want to hear it.
Public Option or bust.
It looks like ...........bust.
The magical words that look great during focus groups will
not help Obama 9/9/2009.
I think i can see the response from Sarah Palin already.
"Nice try. We can do better."

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Eurisko2012]

Sarah's response will be something glib and anti-intellectual.
She's not a serious figure, and anyone that says she is, is well... cute.

BTW... why was it that Bush put the kibosh on Americans going to Canada for affordable meds again? I'm sure it was because of their 3rd world standards right?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join