It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm unable to record NASA TV (ISS and STS 128), is that unusual?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone can help me. I've been watching NASA TV for the last few days, and it's about to get very interesting with space walks etc. So I decided to download some video screen recording software.

Anyway Last night the one I had seemed to work. But today it didn't, however it works on other streaming video. I have tried three other software packages, the one I'm running now is Camtasia which also records other video on my screen, but not NASA TV.

Are there any technically minded people out there who could help me understand why? Does anyone else out there have a moment and video capture software to try and see if they can do it?

NASA TV

I'm just wondering if it's my problem of if NASA are attempting to hide anything of interest during the mission.

If anyone has any luck recording NASA TV if you could just let me know, all the best Kiwifoot.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

what is the sofware>? is it on a free trial. if so it may have expired and thus the software is blocked.

i would try downloading diff sofware. look on download.com and try another to see if it works

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Thanks mate that's what I thought asa well, in the last 3 hours I've tried 3 different ones, the newest and best so far is the Camtasia, which is for thirty days.

It's very odd, I was wondering if it's just the NASA TV stream, it's 'yahoo video'.

I got it yesterday for a while but now that the real show is about to begin it's gone!

Thanks for your help though.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I just clicked on your link. It says NASA TV for employees (not available to general public). Then below that there was a link: "How to recieve NASA Television's occasional HD Programming.

So, I assume they are being very selective as to what they stream.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Try this. Works for me and it's freeware.
sdp.ppona.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by maya27

hm, if you leave it for a few seconds it will play I think, I was watching it when I copied that link.

Strange.

Kiwi

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Cheers, just got to play around with it now!

Thanks again!

new topics

top topics

join