It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experts see Double-digit Dem loses Nov 2010!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Music to my ears!
Well, that didn't long. August 2009 and it's already over for Obama.
That's what happens when you attack old people and try to throw
them at Death Panels.

Politico

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Neh. He could throw the elderly under a bus if the economy had improved. It's always the economy. People are tired of seeing the rich get bailed out and their friends laid off.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Guess Obama will have to work with the Republicans after all before his term is up.

A million bucks they continue to spend and pass BS legislation.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

If Obama was smart, he would take $400 Billion of that stimulus money
and build a NEW Green city just north of Los Angeles.
Just think. Jobs....Jobs....Jobs!
Call the new city Crystal Peak.
Build it near the ocean so you could build a new desalination plant for
fresh water.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Guess Obama will have to work with the Republicans after all before his term is up. A million bucks they continue to spend and pass BS legislation.

He's already working with Republicans. Hell, he's got former Bushies in his administration still. Bernanke and Gates are 2 that I know of.

But I gotta tell you jam321.....

You've gotta love Eurisko2012's optimism for Republicans in the next round of elections.

Republicans will get in office....and then...suddenly...everything will be FIXED!

We'll all suddenly be out of debt and the war we be over! The Patriot act will be repealed!!

HURRAY!!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

You're right, scares the heck out of me that after all of this, the weasels (GOP) go ahead and do something stupid regardless.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
See, two party democracies do work. Everyone should have it like we do!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Being honest, it is just one big revolving door where they take turns running the country. It won't be much different than you see now.

But to be honest on the other side, I'm really not 100% sure that Americans are willing to make the sacrifice needed if one of these parties ever did get serious and do the right thing.

Let's just take reduced spending. Everybody says hell yea, but what will happen when government reduces or closes programs that we take for granted right now? Would they still be in favor of reduced spending?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

With 9 trillion (and counting) in debt, they better be ready for some cuts.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Now THAT is Change I can go for!!!!

Excellent...

Semper

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It takes experts to point this out to people? Since Obama and his party took full control its been nothing but down hill for them vote wise. Anybody with a brain between the ears knows its coming next election cycle, a lot of the ###clowns will find themselves unemployed; downside is we will replace them with more of the same, perhaps even the people they shoved out of office in the first place.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

But to be honest on the other side, I'm really not 100% sure that Americans are willing to make the sacrifice needed if one of these parties ever did get serious and do the right thing. Let's just take reduced spending. Everybody says hell yea, but what will happen when government reduces or closes programs that we take for granted right now? Would they still be in favor of reduced spending?

True and I agree.

First the war would have to end and the majority of people oppose the war right now...so I think people would go for that.

Second they would have to repeal NAFTA and raise tariffs high above the terrible 2 percent that it is now.

Those 2 things alone will do a lot.

Health care reform still has to happen in some form..along with Social Security.

Democrats don't seem to realize that you cannot raise taxes on big corporations when they'll just leave. It can't be done until NAFTA is repealed otherwise it makes the situation even worse.

The Flat and Fair tax to me does nothing but hurt the middle class even more and fill up the coffers EVEN MORE to corporate power.

Dems may lose out...but I agree....Republicans will fix nothing...if there's even anything to fix by then. At the rate we are going...the whole system is going to collapse by 2012.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Now if we could just figure out a way to ensure that the Republicans also see a double-digit loss in the next election - wouldn't that be something!?
The birth of third party to even all of this crap out.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

The birth of third party to even all of this crap out.

Problem with that is that too many people are loyal to their respective parties because of the freebies they are entitled to.

Would be a nice message if it were to happen.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

If Obama was smart, he would take $400 Billion of that stimulus money
and build a NEW Green city just north of Los Angeles.
Just think. Jobs....Jobs....Jobs!
Call the new city Crystal Peak.
Build it near the ocean so you could build a new desalination plant for
fresh water.

If he was smart he would start by spreading some of that "stimulus" to the middle class. If everyone making between $50 and $150K a year got a $10K check he would be elected a third term, the economy would grow, and people would be much happier.

He won't, though. No one every does stuff for the middle class. We might get an extra $40 a month, but that's about it compared to the folks at the top.

I swear to you if everyone in that bracket got that big of a stimulus they could push the health care bill, start another war, and kill every polar bear in Alaska and no one would care.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

If everyone making between $50 and $150K a year got a $10K check he would be elected a third term, the economy would grow, and people would be much happier.

You mean second term. I think Obama is placing his bets that the economy will recover by 2012. And if it does, I put Obama odds of winning reelection at 90%.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Do you really think the GOP would be any different? Its a two party system which swings back and forth at regular intervals. Most voters are too stubborn/ignorant to think of voting for a third party.

If the economy starts to recover more I don't see the Dems losing many seats, and I think Obama will get a second term....just.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Chilled Zen

It's already over. Even the democrats are running away from Obama.
Obama and Pelosi are self destructing. I think Harry Reid has just
given up. I know he is just looking at Nancy Pelosi and shaking his head.
Harry has his own spiral of despair in Nevada. Down the drain.
Blub....blub.....blub. They did it themselves. Circular firing squad.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Actually it will be a GREAT thing if Obama fail but not for the convenient reasons you might think of. The sooner the better. It always felt strange to me that He won because it was not his time (even though it would be great for a first African-American potus, as long overdue as it was)

When you think in term of power of intent, the policies of the Bush administration are still at play in the american psyche(not to say the world).
Its like prophecy interrupted, but the interruption cannot last. You cant't force change; it just just naturally comes after things get rock bottom.
Things haven't really got worst yet.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Is this a conspiracy board or not? Why not create our own conspiracy?
using electoral-vote.com... as a baseline

Tough races
Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana,
Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio

Easy for Dems
Arkansas, California, Delaware, Hawaii, Indiana, Maryland,
New York, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Vermont,
Washington, Wisconsin

Easy for Reps
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Oklahoma,
South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah

I think a businessman/woman with an engineering degree would make a great senator. They could do process charts and with a business background know where to cut. What kind of party would it be and what would be the platform?Who could we push (new) and how to get them to accept. Who could we subvert?

Just control the Senate and you have leverage. With people being angry it could work. Not another party - just elect non-polititions for two terms.

Anyone want to start a conspiracy instead of talking about others?
It would not be that hard to win 20 races and have 1/5 of the Senate. Or all the races and get 1/3. Then people would see some Dems & Reps start walking in lock-step and might wake up more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join