It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A child died that goes to my childs school-

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Avoiding large crowds certainly will slow the progress of viruses. There is a reason doctors tell parents of new borns to avoid crowds. Even without H1N1, I usually avoid large crowds. So I am not changing my life style.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by eradown]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Guys, I think it is important that everyone knows that Swine Flu can be fatal if it infects the lungs. I noticed a lot of people brushing off Swine Flu like it is the regular flu, but there is a difference and that difference is seen when it infects a human beings lungs.

The first form of Swine Flu acts just like regular flu for the most part: Fatigue, Headache, Body Aches, Coughing, Fever.
Some differences can include: Stomach Problems resembling mild food poisoning, subnormal body temperature, vomiting.

The second form of Swine Flu is what happens when it infects the lungs. Swine Flu greatly increases it's reproduction in the lungs, which causes an increased immune response, leading to severe inflammation of the lungs and needing to be on a respirator and/or death.

People who get the first form of Swine Flu will report either that it was really mild and nothing to worry about or that it was like the flu times 2.

People who get the second form are hospitalized and/or die.

That said, the amount of people getting the second form is rare right now.

The most important thing to watch out for is symptoms that look like pneumonia: trouble breathing, wheezing, congestion in the chest.
At the first signs of real breathing difficulty, you should get to a doctor/hospital.

As for the OP, do whatever will make you and your family worry less. If that's homeschooling your kids, then try as hard as you can to make it happen. The more stress you and your family are under the more likely you will get sick due to a compromised immune system.

Finally, here is a link to an article talking about the Swine Flu lung infections, it goes into detail on page 2.

"Dr. Jeffrey Boscamp, chair in pediatrics at the Children's Hospital at Hackensack University Medical Center in New Jersey, said that the lung infection triggers a syndrome called acute respiratory distress syndrome. "

Doctors Question WHO's Severe Swine Flu Warning

--Loqeth

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Here is the vague story...

www.whnt.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I homeschooled my 2 daughters for 13 years each...K-12...Used Abeka for k-6 then used Bob Jones and some ACE....Very rewarding...My 2 girls both went on to college and graduated with honors....Now both are homeschooling their children...They are safe AND smart! You won't regret it!!! BUT don't wait too long...When the fur hits the fan...will not be a good time to 'switch' schools...It will draw A LOT of attention to you. Just my opinion....

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
Well my paranoia level just went up a notch with a death of a child at my child's school. The news reported this morning of the death of this child and the news reported the death was due to Swine Flu. I called the school and asked them some questions and they said the boy's death is not confirmed to be in result of the Swine Flu. I am having a hard time believing that it is not.

The story goes that he was taken to the hospital last night, sent home, then died this morning in between waking up and getting ready to be taken to his regular doctor.

I am seriously considering home schooling.

Is anyone else considering taking their children out of the public environment? My daughter has immune deficiencies and she has a hard time fighting off things that others do not. Here in my county there are a confirmed 21 cases of the Swine Flu. The largest city which is 30 mins from me has over 100 confirmed cases. I have controlled my worries until now....after hearing about a death of a child that goes to school with my child (same grade even)....my alert levels are through the roof!

Am I over reacting> Isnt it better to be safe then sorry?

God bless this boys family...my heart is in sorrow for them.

LV

[edit on 31-8-2009 by LeoVirgo]

RIP little boy, but
all in all, more people died this year than the swine flu, just saying.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I say this with many other things as well.

It's a sad day, when your fears are actually rational and reasonable, of letting your kids out of the house.

From child predators, gangs, drugs, a potentially deadly virus.

I don't know what to tell you, but it's very sad that there is so much fear.

How's your kid handling the news?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Hey
i feel sorry for the kids parents My mother & sister have just recovered from swine flu here in the UK & by the sounds of things i would suggest home schooling myself if i was you you don't really want to lose your kid :/

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Try giving her vitamin E. It's far more potent that Vitamin C. She will surely have a kick ass immune system.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I have also given swine flu in schools some thought. Right now I'm not much worried about it, but if I do hear that my daughters school has cases of swine flu, I will take her out for whatever time it takes for things to calm down. I do not want to get her the shot, so if I have to protect her by doing this I will.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well I kept my kids home today just for the nerves to calm down and fears to settle....

And here I am this afternoon with a sick 3 yr old who has a fever and rough cough.

Schools are having meetings today on what to do. Thinking about closing the schools for a week. Not sure if it will do good or not.

Keeping close eye on my little one....breathing is a little rough while he sleeps (napping right now, sounds congested).

Trying not to overreact and not run straight to the crowded hospital where I am sure there are plenty of sicklins

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'm for pulling your kid out of school until this whole thing passes. Considering your child's situation with a weak immune system, I think it would be foolish not to. Now that a kid as died in your area, you should do everything in your power to protect yours.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Well I kept my kids home today just for the nerves to calm down and fears to settle....

And here I am this afternoon with a sick 3 yr old who has a fever and rough cough.

Schools are having meetings today on what to do. Thinking about closing the schools for a week. Not sure if it will do good or not.

Keeping close eye on my little one....breathing is a little rough while he sleeps (napping right now, sounds congested).

Trying not to overreact and not run straight to the crowded hospital where I am sure there are plenty of sicklins

Make Sage Tea and buy/order lavendar essence(not medical advice). Put a stay cool strip on the three year olds head. Follow your doctors advice. Alabama seems to be a fair state for homeschools.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Does anyone have any experience in home schooling?

How has that worked out for you if you do?

I actually took home school for all of high school.
I did the best I had ever done in my life, all A's & B's. I also completed it when I was 16, took my GED and was in community college at 17.

It has not hurt my career at all. I've been in management basicly my whole life.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
My girlfriend was home schooled....While she isn't as independent as I am she isn't corrupted like many people are that come out of public school. She wants to home school when we have kids...I am all for it, just providing for my future family becomes a worry though

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
My local newspaper reported two deaths allegedly caused by Swine Flu. One of the deaths was reported to be a five-year-old girl directly from my hometown. Though this news was reported in more than one article that ran over a fews days' time, there was never a mention of a name of either of these two deceased. There was also never an obituary listing for a 5-year old either. One person suggested perhaps a confidentiality law prevented the names from being released. If that is true, how can the names of ANYONE who dies in a hospital be released? People's names are released in articles all the time. The only confidentiality laws I came across relating to disclosure of children's deaths related to child abuse/neglect cases.

I inquired about this in the newspaper's online forum, requesting if anyone could confirm a name of these individuals. One person, strange to the forum, showed up and claimed to have personal knowledge of this little girl's death and that it was genuine. For whatever reason (some red flag in the post I guess), I thought this person was a fake. I asked if he/she would provide the child's name. I never got a reply until the next day or two, at which point this person said it wouldn't matter if the name was posted, I likely wouldn't know the child anyway. Well, as you can see, this person was either flat-out lying, or just didn't get my point in asking the name. Regardless, the name was never given. I am currently checking with local hospitals to confirm this death.

After I began posting in the same forum the information contained in the "60 Minutes" report on the 1976 Swine Flu vaccine, the paper began really stepping up the Swine Flu vaccine propaganda, then I was subsequently banned from the forum for an unspecified reason.

I think it's important to look at the implications in the event that our newspapers are deliberately reporting deaths that did not occur locally. This is beyond "media bias." These newspapers are essentially leading their community into a deadly situation. I think people should call them on this publicly, as there is plenty of factual information out there to back up that these vaccines are potentially lethal, harmful at best. The lack of reporting on these allegations of vaccine-tampering, forced vaccine laws, etc., is something that should cause outrage and boycotting of these news sources.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join