It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A child died that goes to my childs school-

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Home Schooling: I would certainly home school if at all possible.

We purchased Dr. Robinson homeschooling to help the kids in our neighborhood. My husband does sub-teaching and even though we have no children, lots of kids though, we end up helping with homework and tutoring.

When we purchased this it cost $200, and has certainly given us the information to help the neighbors kids. It is based on the system used to school Dr R's kids and his eldest tested out of the first two years of college!!!

There are homeschooling net works you can link up with. I am in the boonies and a church near us has a pretty good network.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
i work as a school janitor im not sure if this will help
but honestly schools are kept very clean i would say as clean as a hospital almost
bathrooms are washed everyday and usually checked several times a day
classrooms are cleaned everyday and a better cleaning weekly
desks are washed at least every week and some times everyday depending if they eat lunch in class or not
overall most schools are considerable cleaner than most homes

allthough sometimes they dont look it but thats usually due to the fact that most surfaces you are cleaning are like 10-20 years old so they dont shine no more

it might be a good idea to do home schooling your children will probably get a better education than at school
but i wouldnt be concerned with the school being a cesspool or breading ground for disease

[edit on 31-8-2009 by dean007]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

First like your sig... I am a Death Survivor am my story is well unique.
As to homeschooling, doing it now.

I also homeschooled my other four and they were all advanced. In fact recent studies show that homeschoolers are scoring 37% higher across the board.

I have a dyslexic here and it is work, but worth it. In fact studies also show that children in small classrooms or one on one do remarkably better then children in large classrooms.

And there is a plethoral of curriculms to handle any need including learning issus.

There are complete curriculms and even those on CD so they have an on Computer teacher.

You can also enroll in an online academy, some are through the state ed departments and are free and some require tuition.

www.sntp.net...

Here is a great website to get you started. Also go to google and look up homeschool laws in your state, so far Idaho and Nevada have the least intrusive ones.

My children have a well rounded education, are freer to learn more then is taught in PS, can learn as fast or slow as they need, are more comfortable engaging a multi generation society and have a more balanced perspective of life.

Each homeschool family is going to be different, but of the families I have met in five states, almost all of them are very balanced people with open communication with their children and others in the community.

We all can get together for other activities or as they do here in my arear, we do bowling, swimming and hikes for our PE classes and we do it as a group.

Also if you have paperwork from the Superitendent that shows you are a homeschool teacher, you can use that paper at Barnes and Noble and other places to get the same discounts as PS teachers.

Hope this helps, I am also on another great site www.thetreeofliberty.com and belong to a group on homeschooling.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dean007

When children ,whose immune systems are undeveloped, are packed together even in disinfected classrooms of twenty and thirty they swap virues back and forth. The best way to stop the spread of viruses among the young will be to limit their exposure to crowds.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Im reading all the links that have been given about home schooling and finding it all greatly interesting. Thanks for the leads!!

My children just got home a while ago...my daughter came in crying...I wasnt aware if she knew the boy well or not. She said not real well...but the whole school was alerted to the boys death right before they were all released to go home...and her teacher told her the assumption is of swine flu.

He was 11...healthy boy....well liked by his peers. Im just now finding out that he was the son of the family that runs the well loved Mexican restaurant in our town.

I also read in one of the papers that testing is not being done for all assumed cases. The chances of it being swine flu is you have the symptoms are pretty darn good...good enough that they arent testing for it unless your pregnant, infant, or hospitalized.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

If you limit their exposure when their immune systems are developing, you only do them harm. They'll grow up to be sickly individuals who are prone to infection. See my earlier post.

This flu is less dangerous than "normal" Flu, don't panic. I've had it, it's fine. My pregnant sister had it, she and baby are fine. Panicking will not help anybody and isolating your kids away from other kids will only harm them in the long run.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

It's no coincidence that allergies, asthma and weak immune systems are on the increase as we continually try to limit our exposure to germs by disinfecting everything or preventing the kids from getting filthy.

The increase is due to the fact that modern medicine allowed the first generation to survive and breed, a hundred years ago. Do you think a guy would marry a woman with bad allergies 200 yrs ago? I do not think so. Farmers knew enough to breed strong to strong, and not breed the weak.

As my granny said of my mom "but C... she is so little, why don't you marry a big STRRrroping girl"

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

It's actually been noted in several studies and reports over the years that children who are kept in a "bacteria free" environment are more likely to develop such afflictions than those who are exposed to dirt and germs.

It's common sense.

Here is a link to the CDC about the very subject:

Centre for Disease Control

The Antibacterial Products-Allergy Link

Besides resistance, the antibacterial craze has another potential consequence. Reports are mounting about a possible association between infections in early childhood and decreased incidence of allergies (18). In expanding this "hygiene hypothesis," some researchers have found a correlation between too much hygiene and increased allergy (18-21).

This hypothesis stems from studies that revealed an increased frequency of allergies, cases of asthma, and eczema in persons who have been raised in an environment overly protective against microorganisms. In one rural community, children who grew up on farms had fewer allergies than did their counterparts who did not live on farms (19).

Graham Rook, University College, London, has likened the immune system to the brain. You have to exercise it, that is, expose it to the right antigenic information so that it matures correctly. Excessive hygiene, therefore, may interfere with the normal maturation of the immune system by eliminating the stimulation by commensal microflora (20).

[edit on 31/8/09 by stumason]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I'm so sorry to read about this. My heart goes out to the family of the boy, you and your children and his classmates and friends. I know I would be considering the same in your situation. I hope an autopsy reveals whether or not he had an underlying condition. Just devastating.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I ignore every piece of advice the eugencists give. The human race is not an animal husbandry experiment. If they have it their way the human race will become as intelligent and beautiful as brahma bulls or meat cows. Avoid huge herds. Scorn survival of the fittest philosophy some people put out(it's for you, not for them) ;the meak will inherit the earth.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hi LeoVirgo

Im sorry to hear of this childs death, its very disturbing and even more so because it has happened at your children's school.

As a parent myself I can only say to you that my first reaction would be the same as yours - Should I take them out? but then I say to myself the children have already been exposed to this flu anyway ( its easy for me to just say that because it hasnt happened to me and Im calm, relaxed at the minute ) .

Im in the uk and the children here are on week 6th week of the summer holidays, they go back in a week's time and im fairly worried about a possible outbreak of this virus again in the autumn which will be upon us in no time.

I dont have an answer for your question either really because I think if you are already exposed then you have the possibilty of creating an immunity to this Swine Flu but if your hidden away, keeping you and your's to yourselve's..then who knows what may happen!

So many questions really looking at it from a parental point of view because foremost you want your children to be healthy but then also you need to be healthy for your children.

Looking forward to maybe answering some of my own questions if I were to be in a similar situation.

I wish you and your family good health,

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

It's actually been noted in several studies and reports over the years that children who are kept in a bacteria free environment are more liekly to develop such afflictions than those who are exposed to dirt and germs.

I certainly agree. (I am on a farm) but the change in medicine allowing the weaker members to survive and breed is also a factor. I am from a family of asthmatics so I live with the results of "poor breeding"

One of the benefits of homeschooling is better nutrition and the kids getting to go out in the sunshine. Networking has done a lot toward allowing interaction between children so the kids are not really "isolated" One of the things I really have a problem with in our public schools are the coke and candy machines.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

Nice babbling...

People who do not expose themselves to a certain amount of infection will be more prone to infection themselves. Look at the Native Americans when they were exposed to Small pox and other pathogens that Europeans could shrug off, or at least cope with.

If you want to live in an isolated bubble, that's your choice. But when you next meet another Human being, they will be a signifcant threat to you without they or even you knowing. You do not know where they have been and do not what they are carrying...

Good luck to you...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

The story goes that he was taken to the hospital last night, sent home, then died this morning in between waking up and getting ready to be taken to his regular doctor.

That makes no sense, he must have had something else that caused his sudden death as there is no way in hell they would have sent him home if he was that sick. Either he had an underlying condition that caused his death or some doctor really dropped the ball big time.

Swine flu's death rate is even lower then it is for regular flu (about 1% for swine flue vs 3% for regular flu).

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

I ignore every piece of advice the eugencists give. Scorn survival of the fittest philosophy some people put out(it's for you, not for them) ;the meak will inherit the earth.

That should be up to the individual. My husband and I decided not to have children because of the genetic defects in our families and our age. Another friend with childhood diabetes made the same decision. Having children is a HUGE responsiblity and should not be taken lightly. My husband and I have a business doing entertainment for children so we have "lots of kids" though none were born to us. I know we have made a difference in some of their lives because they have come back for visits after they are earning their own living.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I would have my children out so fast it would make your head spin! I did last year and am fully prepared again this year if it hits near us. Yep, have the school prepare a curriculum for your child and help her at home, you deliver and pick up the next weeks work, germy still, but take precautions, and use the internet as classes permit.

Best of luck, God Bless and yes get the vitamin D@ c going asap.

Please keep us informed.

And no you are not over reacting.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

I don't know any loving parents who will comfort themselves on the death of a child with the idea that the human race will be made stronger by the death of a weak child. Strength is not good without compasssion and mercy.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by eradown]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

I just watched the afternoon news and they reported this death again in assumption to swine flu but saying not to panic and that there will be updates on the story.

So it is possible that we dont know the whole story...but from what it sounds like...they were just on vacation a week or so again...everyone healthy and fine.

The town we live in is somewhat small....people always say...if you have a real emergency, not to go to our own hospital but to go to the big city (Huntsville, AL). From the story I am getting...they did take him all the way to Huntsville yesterday and he was sent home late last night with instructions to go to his family doctor (which just happens to be our doctor). He didnt make it to that visit this morning...bless him.

Ill report any news as I get it. I googled it and there are some news sites that talk of it but are very vague.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

Where has anyone said they take comfort from it?

All I have been saying is that to isolate yourself from disease only weakens your own immune system. This virus is quite harmless, in the grand scheme of things, so getting infected now will boost your survival chances should a more virulent form come along alter.

Hiding at home and avoiding human contact will be your own downfall.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I hear what you are saying Stumason...and to a point I totally agree. It reminds me of parents saying things like 'might as well get the chicken pox while you can...and get it out of the way'.

I know we cant hide from all viruses...and my doctor is great for not giving antibiotics for viruses...encouraging that the best thing is to allow the body to fight it and become immune to it.

But what if we are seeing a mutation of this virus that is going to be more then the normal flu? Can this even happen?

So the choice I guess is...is it best to get the virus so our bodies are somewhat familiar with any form of it....or do we try to avoid it at all costs...possibly setting ourselves up in the long run by not being immune to it at all and the virus becoming a more dangerous strand then it started with.

Does that make any sense?

If this boy was truly healthy without anything else wrong with him...I am highly concerned. I do not recall in my lifetime knowing anyone or hearing of anyone with in any schools I went to...dying from the flu.

When my kids were sick and I thought it could of been the swine flu...I placed them in the bath tub ALOT to keep their fevers down. I wonder how much something like that could help a child stay healthy enough to not let the virus over take them. There are some parents that might not know those little tips that might make a difference. I think it helped my youngest son....his fever was so high and I practically had him living in the bath water to keep his body temp from not being so high.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join