It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convicted Scientist Was Cooking Up ‘Space Cannnon’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Andrew Pakhomov still stresses his innocence since he was convicted for the murder of his wife.

He worked at the cutting edge of military technology, working on laser-powered propulsion for space launches.

A space launcher like the one Pakhomov proposed would be a major asset for providing instant satellite coverage wherever and whenever needed. It could — potentially — deliver a small package to any point on Earth quicker than FedEx.

Ok guys please read the full article before commenting and then leave your thoughts.

Source

If you think this is in the wrong place mods then feel free to move.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
One might wax conspiratorial and consider that his propulsion mechanism would have threatened large military complex contractors like JPL, Lockheed, McDonald Douglas, and even foreign concerns like Ariana and a slew of others.

Such a threat might be cause for the kind of cloak and dagger antics that have surfaced in the past, but there is a lot missing in the way of information regarding the case.

I'm afraid that guilty, or innocent, he is sidelined from the efforts. I wonder who will take up the mantle of leadership in his research?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
A belt around the neck tied to a travel bag full of rocks to hold the body underwater sure seems a little less elegant than this gentleman would be capable of. I don't buy it.

The system was supposed to be delivered last year. It wasn't. My guess is that this guy had a conscience. He realized what the 'system' was going to be used for and objected, maybe even threatened disclosure. If they killed him, they would lose his mind.

I think a guy that specializes in energy beam power delivery could come up with a better of way of getting rid of his wife. This smells like something else entirely to me. I have no doubt that if this guy wanted to, he could have just vaporized her.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Innocent?

As he left the courthouse on Friday, he maintained his innocence amid a group of reporters. "I didn't do it, I didn't do it," Dr. Pakhomov said. "I worry about my family and friends. I didn't do it." "I am telling everyone, never lose hope. Never lose hope. To everyone, I can say, never lose hope," Dr. Pakhomov continued to say.

Guilty?

"I think it was the right verdict. The jury had plenty of evidence, and the prosecuting attorney gave a great summation at the end," said UA Huntsville physics professor Don Gregory. "There were witnesses who really cinched the case a couple of days ago."

Yelena Zakin's daughter, Aleksandra, attended the trial, and was a witness for the prosecution. She told us she was very pleased with the outcome. "Words can't describe how I feel right now," said Zakin. "Justice has been served, and I know my mom would be happy right now for that."

Like every case there are arguments.

Robert Tuten is presenting the closing argument for the defense. He is addressing several items, including DNA on the gloves found at the crime scene. Tuten says the gloves had someone else's DNA on them, but not Pakhomov's. He said the DNA was that of a 'town drunk.'

But its a open and shut case.

The state also addressed that all the evidence is circumstantial. However, prosecutors stated how one does not have to see the crime to know it was committed. The state also went back over the domestic violence cases, the use of belts and misstatements by Pakhomov to police.

If you have the time this is a very interesting read.

Source

new topics

top topics

join