It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney Says He Was Proponent for Military Action Against Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Cheney Says He Was Proponent for Military Action Against Iran

online.wsj.com

Former Vice President Dick Cheney hinted that, in the waning days of the Bush administration, he had pushed for a military strike to destroy Iran's nuclear-weapons program.

"I was probably a bigger advocate of military action than any of my colleagues," Dick Cheney said, regarding Iran and its nuclear ambitions.

In an interview on Fox News Sunday, Mr. Cheney described himself as being isolated among advisers to then-President George W. Bush, who ultimately decided against direct military action.

"I was probably a bigger advocate of military action than any of my colleagues," Mr. Cheney said in response to questions about whether the Bush administration should have launched a pre-emptive attack prior to handing over the White House to Barack Obama.

"I thought that negotiations could not possibly succeed unless the Iranians really believed we were prepared to use military force," Mr. Cheney said. "And to date, of course, they are still proceeding with their nuclear program and the matter has not yet been resolved."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31-8-2009 by grover]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I am sure Lucifer cringes at the notion of spending eternity with Cheney and plans on hiding the shotguns.

The problem with the whole notion of attacking Iran is that is not the feeble pushover state that Saddam Hussien's Iraq was after 8 years of war with Iran, the first gulf war and 12 years of sanctions.

They would not have taken any unprovoked attack by the United States lying down and would have responded one way or the other...and that is still true.

Besides that Iran is far more culturally unified than Iraq was/is and even though its populous does not like the Mullah's an attack would unify the people just like 9/11 unified us...in fact I am certain that they and indeed the rest of the Muslim would would have done so and regardless of the Sunni Shi'a divide would have seen such an attack as proof positive that the U.S. was waging a war against Islam an it would release the whirlwind.

I didn't know that there were saner minds in the bush minor administration but I am now glad that they were there.

online.wsj.com

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I can see how that conversation went down when he was in the White House......

Dick: So I gots this idea eh. Let's make a ton of money bombing the crap out of the Middle East and taking their oil! I mean the buggers have just gone and pulled the rug from under our feet by trading in Euro's instead of Our Precious so stuff em. What do you guys reckon?

A chorus of murmured approvals stirs in the room.

Dick: So what do you think? Shall we turn Iran into a sheet of glass first then use them as a base of operations to take the rest of them?

Rumsey: Nah, they might shoot back.

Dick: True, that creates a pile of paperwork and you all know how Lynne hates having to clean up all those little dots that fall out of the bottom of the hole-puncher!

A mixture of gaffaws, bellows and a stifled yawn fills the room for a few seconds....

Dick: OK so we flatten Sodom first then take a look at Iran. What you think?

Rumsey: That's Saddam Dick, not Sodom.

Bush: Sure it is.

Dick: Right.....Saddam, gotya. OK so we have to figure out a reason to sell to the public about why we are attacking Iraq.

Bush: We're hunting tewwowists.

Dick: Thanks Elmer. Yes we will say that we are hunting terrorists and just to make sure we cement the deal lets say Saddaam has some WMD's shall we?

Bush: Does he?

Dick: Does he what?

Bush: Does he have any WMD's?

Dick: Probably not but by the time we find out for sure we'll own the country anyway and there is stuff all anyone can do about it!

Bush: I see. Thats very sneaky of you Dicky my boy!

Bush punches Dick in the shoulder playfully.

Bush: OK so it's decided. We flatten Iraq, send Saddam to his 90 Virginians in the sky, take his oil, make a crap-ton of money then do the same thing to Iran! Result: PROFIT!

"Profit" is heard to be murmured from everyone in the room.

Bush: Excellent! See you all tomorrow then!

Rumsey: But what shall we do tomorrow sir?

Dick: Tomorrow we shall try to take over the world!

Apologies, I could not help myself

[edit on 31/8/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Cute...

...and somehow I doubt its not that far from the truth.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

I find that whole issue kind of ironic since it was his haliburton that was busted for selling nuclear components to Iran to start with.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Stylez

I find that whole issue kind of ironic since it was his haliburton that was busted for selling nuclear components to Iran to start with.

I just want to know who was running hell while Cheney was in office.

PUT HIS ASS IN PRISON!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Cute...

I have an adults only version if you are interested
Not for public consumption you understand though....

...and somehow I doubt its not that far from the truth.

As far as I'm concerned I don't believe it is so much a question of who was running hell when Cheney was in office moreso what kind of an evil creature could make Satan his bitch?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Screw Cheney..I'm glad that pussy chicken hawk is out of the white house. It is absolutely sick how blood thirsty this guy is.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I usually don't wish anything bad on anyone. But I can honestly say I wouldn't mind this guy having the most painful death possible.

We should have him tortured and see if it works as well as he claims it does.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I don't wish anyone dead but someone should tell Lucifer to watch his back.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Too bad Cheney didn't have the power everyone thought he did.

I'll gues we will just continue to ask Iran nicely not to proceed with their nuclear program. Works everytime huh?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Too bad Cheney didn't have the power everyone thought he did. I'll gues we will just continue to ask Iran nicely not to proceed with their nuclear program. Works everytime huh?

Right. I'm sure he had no sway in getting Halliburton a contract in Iraq....even though he made millions in stock holdings because of it. Let's just ignore that one.

Oh...and maybe he can run in 2012 and we can invade and battle in 4 COUNTRIES! Then we can torture anyone who lives so we can get more information to attack even more countries!

Iran will get nukes. Get used to it. We can't control the world and we shouldn't.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Of course he was! He had "no interest" in fighting in a war himself, but tons of interest in starting them. Dick Cheney and George Allen are my two least favorite turds in politics. I cannot stand people who dodge the draft and then are pro-war.

Dick Cheney never met a war he didn't like...after Vietnam.

GRrrr

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I guess I will defend Cheney on this issue. The article says he was a proponent.
If he was a proponent for saving the world, would you still bash him? Being a proponent and going through with it are two different things. Iran was never attacked.

Furthermore, are you really surprised he was a proponent? I get a feeling none of you are surprised by this news.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

I am sure Lucifer cringes at the notion of spending eternity with Cheney and plans on hiding the shotguns.

The problem with the whole notion of attacking Iran is that is not the feeble pushover state that Saddam Hussien's Iraq was after 8 years of war with Iran, the first gulf war and 12 years of sanctions.

They would not have taken any unprovoked attack by the United States lying down and would have responded one way or the other...and that is still true.

Besides that Iran is far more culturally unified than Iraq was/is and even though its populous does not like the Mullah's an attack would unify the people just like 9/11 unified us...in fact I am certain that they and indeed the rest of the Muslim would would have done so and regardless of the Sunni Shi'a divide would have seen such an attack as proof positive that the U.S. was waging a war against Islam an it would release the whirlwind.

I didn't know that there were saner minds in the bush minor administration but I am now glad that they were there.

online.wsj.com

I agree back in 2008 that would have happened, but since the Iranian election I doubt the majority of the mullah's who are still with the regime will be able to gain the support of the middle class in any significant number. Although the working class from poorer areas will be easily swayed should a pre-emptive strike happen. I think it will happen in the next 6 months.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by john124]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

I'm sorry but I did not need this news story link to know that man would support such an action.

Not that I want Iran having nuclear capabilities, but Dick Cheney will do anything to escalate global warfare and fill his wallet and the coffers of the slush funds of the military industrial complex, up to and including treason, and selling his own mother for a penny.

Cheney has no morals, ethics, or scruples, and I doubt he even has a soul to go to Hell when he dies since he was born without a heart and all this heart nonsense about was a diversion just for him to get false sympathy, something he is good at.

Harriet Tubman, This Underground Railroad Will Carry Free Men, Trying Not To Become Slaves

[edit on 31-8-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by RRconservative

Too bad Cheney didn't have the power everyone thought he did. I'll gues we will just continue to ask Iran nicely not to proceed with their nuclear program. Works everytime huh?

Right. I'm sure he had no sway in getting Halliburton a contract in Iraq....even though he made millions in stock holdings because of it. Let's just ignore that one.

Oh...and maybe he can run in 2012 and we can invade and battle in 4 COUNTRIES! Then we can torture anyone who lives so we can get more information to attack even more countries!

Iran will get nukes. Get used to it. We can't control the world and we shouldn't.

Erm.... have you seen any international news recently. Both the French and German President's recently have said that sanctions against Iran are now likely and a nuclear Iran is unacceptable. Obama gave the regime until September. This has not gone away just because fox news stopped talking about it! They will be talking about Iran in september and beyond, that's guaranteed!

And after sanctions it will be easy for Israel to convince NATO to bomb Iran. Gordon Brown has been meeting the Israeli Prime minister just the other day.

A 23 yr old french woman was put on trial in iran recently, so the french aren't going to let that go. This time there will probably be a coalition of US/Britian/Israel/France/Germany. Unfortunately there are Russian's working at the Iranian nuclear facilities, and both Russia and China do business with Iran. This could be another crisis at sea on the same scale as the cuban missile crisis

I do disagree with Cheney wanting to bomb Iran in 2008, but right-wingers will be saying this could have been solved back then should this all escalate into a crisis. But it's impossible to say what the outcome of this could have been in 2008, and the repurcussions for many years, and especially with US troops in Iraq.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Now here's a headline/thread title that's the most obviously in the DUH! File of any that I've seen on this site. Darth Cheney supports any and all wars based on anything that's even more flimsy and easy than the drop of a hat. F-ing bloodsucking vampire if there ever was one in the government...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Perhaps you are correct however remember how divided we were after the 2000 selection and how both left and right came together after 9/11?

The people in Iran may hate the Mullah's but like people everywhere they love their country and that is totally different.

In regards to cheney the dick...anyone who is pro war is an idiot...

Anyone who is pro war with no risk to themselves is amoral.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Too bad Cheney didn't have the power everyone thought he did.

I'll gues we will just continue to ask Iran nicely not to proceed with their nuclear program. Works everytime huh?

Why are you more afraid of China than Iran? China not only has nukes but thanks to certain administrations they now own our a$$. What if we don't pay them back? They could use those nukes on us.

Iran might use their nukes on Israel but they are not rich enough or advanced enough to start a nuclear war with us and that ought to be the point. We should stick to the to the Monroe Doctrine and not worry about the middle east and their business.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by A Fortiori]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join