It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube..why bother?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
After sifting through the last few youtube offerings of UFO sighting posted here i started to wonder, has there ever been a UFO video thats surfaced on youtube that isnt a mis-sighting or fake?

Im not saying there are no credible videos of UFO's, i know someone who got some video of a UFO once and someone from NASA bought it. It certainly never made it onto the web. Most people who post UFO vids on the net have usually been turned down by local news etc.

And im not talking about reposts of existing UFO vids.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I agree 100%. If it's real the first place you will see it is not on YouTube. I don't even know why people trust UFO videos from that site.

I'm sure some die hard believer (I am a believer) will say there is plenty of real stuff on there it's just that debunkers, well, debunk and because of that the MSM will never take note.

If I had a piece of truely credible evidence I would take it to the MSM, not YouTube.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

There are some legit ones. But if you think every UFO is fake you will never find a good one anywhere.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
After sifting through the last few youtube offerings of UFO sighting posted here i started to wonder, has there ever been a UFO video thats surfaced on youtube that isnt a mis-sighting or fake?

Given that, more than likely, every video ends up on youtube - yes?

We have a few threads that have been around for a while, and are still going, containing vids from youtube. To be honest, it'd be where I'd put something if I had it, since I've got nowhere else to put it.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

There are some legit ones. But if you think every UFO is fake you will never find a good one anywhere.

Legit only in the literal definition of UFO. UNIDENTIFIED Flying Object does not automatically imply extraterrestrial.

I have personally seen hundreds, if not thousands, of UFOs. One of them ended up being a stag beetle that almost hit me in the side of my head.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clickfoot

Given that, more than likely, every video ends up on youtube - yes?

We have a few threads that have been around for a while, and are still going, containing vids from youtube. To be honest, it'd be where I'd put something if I had it, since I've got nowhere else to put it.

Why wouldn't you go to the MSM?!? You know how they love to sensationalize everything. You don't think they would jump on the chance to be the first to air CREDIBLE evidence that UFOs are from other planets?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

lol.. i have to agree. MSN are one of the worst offenders for allowing really awful UFO vids to be presented as credible sightings.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I believe Youtube is a perfect place for initial distribution of a genuine UFO video to the public. As long as the poster provides a download link to the original video for analysis and the video is actually genuine then by posting it on Youtube the person has maintained complete control over the video and has not allowed it to become mis-interpreted, sensationalised, modified or just plain 'disappeared' by those who would want to profit from, steal or hide the information.

[edit on 31/8/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Are you guys friggin serious?

Where else would a regular individual post their evidence/video but youtube or some filehosting site?

I mean, if you were to capture a video of a UFO, with a #ty camera mind you - not some top of the line NASA camera, your going to want to get it out to as many people as fast as possible.

If anything, it is the amateur videos that give more weight to the existence of an ET presence around earth than you think.

You skeptics try and create guidelines and a box that we must follow in order for our evidence to be accepted - and if it doesn't follow your preconceived set of ideas, it is automatically dismissed and the poster ridiculed till no tomorrow. You guys bitch about the quality, you guys bitch if it's shaky, you guys bitch if there isn't an "appropriate" response from the individuals in the video (I mean WTH guys, how are you supposed to act if there's a UFO?)

I mean, it is pathetic!

No respect, no common sense, and no empathy.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Troy_]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Im not saying there are no credible videos of UFO's, i know someone who got some video of a UFO once and someone from NASA bought it. It certainly never made it onto the web. Most people who post UFO vids on the net have usually been turned down by anyone else they have tried to sell it to first.

And im not talking about reposts of existing UFO vids.

wow, are you serious? Why would NASA buy a ufo tape? was it really that good? Sounds like the NAZA smoking gun.. or something to help lend to the fact of the nasa-ufo smoking guns

A

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Troy_

I love how it has to come to this. Attacks on people with opposing views. I take exception to the skeptic remark. I truely believe there are other races visiting our planet. I also believe there is some video evidence that should be looked at closer.

A 10Megapix camera, which many people own right on their cell phone, will produce a clear video. Not some blurry blob of light in the dark. A blob with no identifiable features. It's just a light, it could be anything. That's my point and I would appreciate you respecting my opinion in the future. I respect people's opinion who think YouTube is the best place to spread a finding of this magnitude. I don't agree, but I do respect it.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 7redorbs

He rang up the local news and got a call back from a guy from NASA . I think the guy was buying it for his own collection rather than for some kind of NASA project. There didnt seem to be anything sinister about it.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ratcals
reply to post by Troy_

I love how it has to come to this. Attacks on people with opposing views. I take exception to the skeptic remark. I truely believe there are other races visiting our planet. I also believe there is some video evidence that should be looked at closer.

A 10Megapix camera, which many people own right on their cell phone, will produce a clear video. Not some blurry blob of light in the dark. A blob with no identifiable features. It's just a light, it could be anything. That's my point and I would appreciate you respecting my opinion in the future. I respect people's opinion who think YouTube is the best place to spread a finding of this magnitude. I don't agree, but I do respect it.

Have you ever taken a video of a UFO?

I have, as have many others, it is not as EASY as you think or say it is.

So stop giving us such a hard time when we do our best to try and produce evidence of our sightings.

And I am not attacking anyone, only stating my case in response to the OP outcall.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Troy_]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Why wouldn't you go to the MSM?!?

Because... newsflash... they're actually not interested.

i know someone who got some video of a UFO once and someone from NASA bought it. It certainly never made it onto the web.

... so you're saying your friend went to the MSM and his video has now disappeared? Damn fine reason to post it on youtube instead then, no?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Troy_

No, I have not taken any videos of a UFO. Why would I film a light in the night sky just because I don't know what it is? Do you really think alien spacecraft are required by the FAA to adhere federally mandated laws dictating the type of lights they must have on their craft to fly in our airspace? Seriously, I highly doubt they would have any lights at all. As for the "orbs" how could you possibly think they are alien in nature. Again, they're just big blobs of fuzzy light.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Clickfoot

I disagree. I think the MSM would fight for good evidence. They are driven by ratings. Good video evidence indicating, not necessarily proving, something caught on camera may be alien would certainly improve their ratings. Look at the Phoenix lights, that was covered by multiple news outlets. Even though I suspect they were flares. Not 100% sure about that but that's where I'm leaning.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Don't blame youtube. It's kinda like guns don't kill people, people kill people. Youtube doesn't make idiotic videos, people do. Blaming the tool is missing the point.

The real sad part is for every idiotic and unhelpful video posted there are hundreds or thousands of people that just lap it up and bathe in it. You should better focus your disappointment at the audience, not the programming.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

Well have you ever seen a ufo video you thought was legit? aside from the one your friend sold to a NASA guy via local news

[edit on 31-8-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Troy_

No, I have not taken any videos of a UFO. Why would I film a light in the night sky just because I don't know what it is? Do you really think alien spacecraft are required by the FAA to adhere federally mandated laws dictating the type of lights they must have on their craft to fly in our airspace? Seriously, I highly doubt they would have any lights at all. As for the "orbs" how could you possibly think they are alien in nature. Again, they're just big blobs of fuzzy light.

LOL did I not just say that people like you would come in and try to create some kind of box containing it's preconceived ideas of what should and should not be allowed as a UFO?

Who made you the ultimate authority, who are you to say what an alien spacecraft may have or not have?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I agree, youtube is used far too often to try and "prove" most debates here on ATS not only UFO stuff. There's too many hoax videos (if not all) on youtube.

I for one, if I ever video taped any kind of UFO I would first and ONLY post it here on the ATS media server.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by QBSneak000]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join