It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Prediction: Sept 2-5

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Phage, yes this thread will be a candidate for your Failed Predictions thread soon enough.

Here we go again. The Half Past Human Web Bot project is indicating an earthquake to happen sometime between Sept 2 and Sept 5. The quake will be stronger than usual and will affect land by toppling buildings. Magnitude may be 6.8 - 8+.

George Ure is friends with Clif High and has written about this prediction on his site at Urban Survival. He gave a similar warning the week before the Sichuan China earthquake in May 2008.

For those unfamiliar with Web Bot predictions - they are both accurate and inaccurate at the same time. They predict based on subliminal changes in our consciousness and therefore are left to interpretation. The web bot does not come out with exact latitude/longitude nor does it come out with exact time/date. Certain details leak through the data however, so a timeframe and little bits and pieces are able to be gleaned from the output.

To be fair, I believe there was also a similar warning last December which came to pass (despite the Yellowstone swarm which was newsworthy but not damaging).

Things that come out of the data:
Earthquake
Maybe 34th or 38th degree parallel
Images of building collapse still being watched weeks later
Sept 2 - 5 with highest probability on the 3rd / 4th

It is speculated that the quakes will hit remote region such as parts of Asia because the images of building collapse are being viewed so far after the fact - but that is merely speculation.

In any event, the prediction is out there and it relates to Fragile Earth quite well so don't flame me. I am not calling for anybody to panic or anything like that. I am mostly interested in whether Web Bot is accurate or not so that is why I am watching this. For those who live in quake-prone areas, this is yet another reminder to make sure your water and food and other disaster supplies are current but by all means go about your business as you normally do.

50% chance in my opinion. That is probably significantly higher than most predictions!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I have heard about web bot for a about a year but have not looked into it much. But i think it dosen't have to do with the " subliminal consciousness" like you say but has to do with all the data we all imput on the web. The web bot scans all the data that is on the web (That is a lot!) and makes predictions based on that. The data on the web is both truth and false. such as past natural disasters that are truthfully recorded, and false stuff and predictions that haven't came true that people on threads and such write like " alien invasions, WWIII, robots taking over..etc." The way it was put to me is that if everyone on the WWW keept writing a silly thing like "Pink teddy bears will come alive and kill us all"(just a silly example obviously)If we all wrote this for a while , web bot will see how much it i being discussed and would probably make a prediction in the future about those pink teddy bears. Apologies if I am wrong but i don't know much about web bot and that is how it was explained to me.

BluePillOrRed Pill

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
well you gave a good explanation OP still though i must admit i admire your guzz in posting this thread since you know people's reaction to unhappened predictions....then i remmebered that some said that people can generate events with mass awerness...still im very skeptic..but you never know

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

I'm not sure I've ever seen them say they were predictions. They always speak in terms of linguistic memes. Linguistic technology has a scientific basis and, if I remember correctly, even the CIA uses it to monitor the "mood" (for lack of a better term) although I'm not sure they use predictive linguistics. I also remember something about Cliff High contacting the FBI or CIA (or some fed gov agency) to see if they were interested but they told him they already had their own model.

Also, I think it's only fair to point out that there is some skepticism on the part of George Ure as to whether they will come to true or not. We shall see. This stuff is interesting to me.

More info from the OP linked site:

The three high immediacy values indicate the increased chance of a major earthquake this week (Sep 2-5, more likely 3-4) which will be large enough (>6.8 to 8.0+) that a couple of weeks after the quake we'll still be watching imagery of buildings falling into their foundations.

Along about Thursday or Friday is when the data seems to peak.

Quake could be Turkey/Pakistan/Asia/China because of the time delay in the pictures, or around latitude 34 north but that data's very broad, so anything south of the SF area latitude-wise seems possible. And may not be North lat. See the problem?

Actionable? Maybe not. Let me explain: The problem with all of this is that these are statistical probabilities based on shifts in language and may or may not actually happen. Secondly, they are not specifically actionable except insofar as people in SoCal and around New Madrid may wish to have earthquake kits topped off with fresh water. That comes up on my list this week, even though we're nowhere near a quake-zone. At least yet.

[edit on 31/8/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Well, I've been feeling we are due for a big one, but just don't honestly know where or when. I don't get that sorta info. Just a feeling/foreboding before hand.

In fact, I was looking at the USGS map this afternoon and saw a 3.3 not too terribly far from me, but I didn't feel anything from it, I suppose about 80 miles straight distance, although 100 driving and having to go around a lake and thru the mountains.

MAP 3.3 2009/08/31 14:07:10 35.778 -84.127 14.2 3 km ( 2 mi) N of Friendsville, TN
MAP 2.1 2009/08/30 11:34:06 35.554 -84.045 13.1 16 km ( 10 mi) SE of Greenback, TN
MAP 1.5 2009/08/29 20:39:49 36.100 -89.758 9.1 7 km ( 4 mi) ENE of Steele, MO
MAP 1.6 2009/08/29 14:21:03 35.607 -84.359 9.0 9 km ( 5 mi) SSE of Philadelphia, TN
MAP 3.2 2009/08/29 10:37:13 33.033 -80.159 5.0 3 km ( 2 mi) N of Lincolnville, SC
MAP 2.8 2009/08/25 06:32:04 36.251 -89.434 7.8 5 km ( 3 mi) ESE of Ridgely, TN

I'm talking the eastern Tennessee quakes.

I thought Questioningall would have posted something by now.

Well, that's just my 1.75 cents for this afternoon and I'll not discount your thread to a failed prediction. I'll just keep paying attention to how I feel in the next few days.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

Did you happen to read this thread? This new "discovery" actually makes me feel a little better about the New Madrid fault line (the one around Memphis). It might interest you.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I did just now
Thanks.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BluePillOrRedPill
I have heard about web bot for a about a year but have not looked into it much. But i think it dosen't have to do with the " subliminal consciousness" like you say but has to do with all the data we all imput on the web. The web bot scans all the data that is on the web (That is a lot!) and makes predictions based on that. The data on the web is both truth and false. such as past natural disasters that are truthfully recorded, and false stuff and predictions that haven't came true that people on threads and such write like " alien invasions, WWIII, robots taking over..etc." The way it was put to me is that if everyone on the WWW keept writing a silly thing like "Pink teddy bears will come alive and kill us all"(just a silly example obviously)If we all wrote this for a while , web bot will see how much it i being discussed and would probably make a prediction in the future about those pink teddy bears. Apologies if I am wrong but i don't know much about web bot and that is how it was explained to me.

BluePillOrRed Pill

Sorry, I may have used the wrong terminology. It was explained to me as this:
The average human has n number of words in his or her vocabulary. Of those, they only use maybe 25% of them in normal day-to-day speaking (or typing on internet fora). In mapping the words being used at a point in time, and then again after a certain period, you are able to detect changes in the word usage. So if many people use the phase "I'm concerned" when talking about earth changes and then they say "I'm trembling with fear" it indicates a move toward 'trembling' and also an increase in intensity.

Initially this was to indicate 'buzz' over technologies and industries in order to help investors to see the coming trends and 'hot stocks'. After awhile Clif discovered that it seemed to foretell events.

It is assumed the foretelling is because when you pick up on the changes in a massive group of people (like on the internet) the changes are an unconscious shift indicating subliminal knowledge of an event in the future.

Once I found diagrams and pictures to explain the 'event horizon' and how things could be picked up before they occur but I cannot locate them now. In any event, there is one thing for sure and that is that this prediction is either true or false and we will know by the weekend.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

Ohhh goody goody...

We've got ourselfs a brand new prediction!!! And it's in the "fragile earth" aswell and the webbot is there and i even saw a little new madrid faultline....This is to good to be true!!!

This sure brings back memories.....say were is QA anyway???

Sorry about that. Respect for showing the b*lls to post this after the long line of failed predictions. Who knows, it might just actually happen this time...

I'll be following this one...

No flag (sorry) but that's something between me and webbot-threads, nothing personal

ps: isn't there a full moon around the time of this prediction??

Peace

[edit on 31/8/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
September 4th.

Next full moon.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hmmm... so this prediction is right on a full moon. Anybody wanna bet they are looking at the fact that there is increased activity and they are taking a "guess" that if a big one hits it will be during a full moon?

I'll admit, I am about as skeptical as anybody. I did take note of the closeness to the China earthquake last year so this thread is good documentation whether it is valid or FAIL.

So even if something does happen on the 4th, I'd be inclined to call it an educated guess based on increased activity + full moon, eh?

oh well.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by nydsdan

and i even saw a little new madrid faultline....This is to good to be true!!!

For clarity, that is somebody else postulating. Has nothing to do with the 'prediction'. No specific region has been identified.

This sure brings back memories.....say were is QA anyway???

Sorry about that. Respect for showing the b*lls to post this after the long line of failed predictions. Who knows, it might just actually happen this time...

That is fine and all, I take these as a curiosity. I've never felt the satisfaction others do at 'proving' themselves or anything. A bit immature if you ask me. Then again, these are the intarwebs so immaturity is the status quo.

I'll be following this one...

No flag (sorry) but that's something between me and webbot-threads, nothing personal

No problem. I do not post for 'flags' or 'stars' or whatever. I really don't care and I don't blame anybody for not 'flagging' a simple prediction thread. No reason to, in my opinion. Flag it if a quake happens, otherwise just flag Phage's failed prediction thread.

ps: isn't there a full moon around the time of this prediction??

Now that is an excellent point! (That's why I gave you a star, since it seems you may be interested in those thingies.)

[edit on 31-8-2009 by nydsdan]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nydsdan
Phage, yes this thread will be a candidate for your Failed Predictions thread soon enough.

In any event, the prediction is out there and it relates to Fragile Earth quite well so don't flame me.

50% chance in my opinion. That is probably significantly higher than most predictions!

OMG people! Why can't you post this stuff in the proper forums?

nydsdan,
You acknowledged this is a prediction right off the bat, and tell us it will probably be a failed one at that. You acknowledged right away it was coming from teh good 'ol webbot (which if I'm not mistaken still gets filed under 'Skunk works' or 'the grey area'), and yet "YOU" feel it relates to 'Fragile Earth' for some reason.

The reason this makes me want to "flame you"

is because you posted it in the wrong forum.
Have you not read the s@!# we've dealt with regarding what QuestioningAll posts in the "Fragile Earth" forum?
If you had read them, then you are posting this here deliberately to aggravate me...and other users of this forum.

If any and all 'Reptilian' talk is confined to 'Skunk Works', then I'm pretty safe to say the same goes for all that deals with Webbott.
THIS THREAD BELONGS IN 'PREDICTIONS' OR 'SKUNK WORKS' FORUMS...THATS WHY THEY'RE THERE!

no s...no f!

P.S. I'm sure if the great moderators of ATS were not off frantically doing their best to remove any and all mention of evil drugs (cause it's a family site), they might have actually taken care of this...but then again I think some of them are supporters of QA's antics, so maybe not.

/endrant

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Paroxysm]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

It has been moved. Chill out.
It was a prediction about earthquake, so it was put in Fragile Earth because Fragile Earth and Global Meltdown are the only forums I read on this site. I did not even notice Prophesies down at the bottom of the list of 68 boards on this site. I apologize and will double-check things IF I ever post a new thread here again. (Not likely, too many crazies that take this stuff too seriously like you on here anyway.)

I mean it, some of you take things a bit too seriously. Do you ever ask yourself why you get so bent out of shape about threads like this? Is that healthy? Why not ignore it and let it fall into obscurity? Why such rage? Perhaps something else is causing you to act out so aggressively in a pseudo-anonymous internet forum?

Breathe, medicate, and come back to reality. Man, some of you scare me.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Uh, hey, there are lots of medications out there now, GET SOME.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Uh, hey, there are lots of medications out there now, GET SOME.

ahh such open minded, mature, intelligence...........

If that's all you've got to contribute to this thread, don't bother mate, you sound like a stuck record.... yawn....

On a more intellectual note OP, nice theorizing thread, this could be interesting to watch and if nothing happens, then we still wait because let's face it, somethings gotta give and soon.......

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well, I must say I probably would have wondered where to post such a topic myself.

As far as outright flaming someone for posting, I'm sorry, that's just wrong. There are topics here I'm not interested in and there are some members that I really don't want to read what they post. No big deal, I just don't go there, or I'll skip it, but I will not criticize anyone for what they post, whether it be the OP or someone else. Each and every person here has a right to their opinion and topics they like to follow and things that interest them as well as others. I'm sure a mod would move it if they felt it necessary.

In the meantime, live and let post.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
After looking at the post and reviewing the fault map for that parallel, I would not be surprised about any earthquakes that are perdicted for that, as there are a lot of faults. So anyone could make that prediction and have it come true.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

Did you just call me immature??

That's funny, this used to be my autograph :"Oh, I know - because you seem to only be able to post immature comments on anything!" by the same QA.......

You think alike!!

But could you please elaborate as to why my reply to your thread was in any way "immature"???

Usually the only time i reply to a thread is when i have something to say about it. I may have started my reply with a little humor but continued to congratulate you for showing the guts to put this up and further more i add a serious question because most of these predictions seem to coincide with a full moon......

I am noticing a trend were people who are critical about a subject are called names (such as immature)...

So i you wouldn't mind to much, please explain!!!

Peace

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nydsdan

Here we go again. The Half Past Human Web Bot project is indicating an earthquake to happen sometime between Sept 2 and Sept 5. The quake will be stronger than usual and will affect land by toppling buildings. Magnitude may be 6.8 - 8+.

So is just getting above 6.8 is a big deal to the web bot, why did it not predict these?

Magnitude 7.6 - ANDAMAN ISLANDS, INDIA REGION
2009 August 10 19:55:39 UTC

Magnitude 7.1 - IZU ISLANDS, JAPAN REGION
2009 August 09 10:55:55 UTC

Magnitude 6.9 - GULF OF CALIFORNIA
2009 August 03 17:59:56 UTC

Magnitude 7.6 - OFF WEST COAST OF THE SOUTH ISLAND, N.Z.
2009 July 15 09:22:32 UTC

With so many quakes daily, there is always a good chance of latching on to one as "IT". I say give me a time within 1 hour and location within 100 miles, then I will be ready to believe.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join