It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAST UFO video - Skeptics beat this !!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OG_SWAGGA_KING
There is no way a bird can move that fast.

Couldn't agree more!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

Well before you go too far into this "unbiased" thing remember you are posting on one of the if not largest UFO boards on the net. I think if there was any bias here it would be in your favor. To be honest with you the video is not the best and with the line "Skeptics beat this" you are making a pretty bold claim. Looking at the responses and the members who made the responses many of these people are not skeptics, they are just not buyin what your selling.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interfacer
AMAZING!!!!!

I have never seen a video with radical maneuvers at those speeds. I an tell it is NOT a bird. The light that was pulsing on it purely explains that this was not a bird. Why so many think that this is a bird is beyond me. I mean we usually have some very intelligent skeptics on this website. Either way I always hear about ufo's that do these amazing right angle tuns at thousand of miles an hour however I have never seen it on video. All I ever see is an object either hovering or just cruising along but none that actually showed such cognitive intent as this one. Star and flag!

This is why I posted this, I thought there will be more then just a couple of "intelligent skeptics", but all I see is few people gang up one another and try to prove/disprove, rather then simply "debate" with an "unbiased" perspective, to see if we can make sense of the unknown. All I hear is this is a one super bird that can do crazy maneuverer, speed and pulse, rather then saying ... "I DON"T KNOW, WHAT THIS IS"

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MinMin
I was wondering could this be a Bat as they constantly flap and can be very fast ,,,,and fly at night and high feeding on migrating moths.
just a thought.

Bats don't move in a perfect straight line, and do NOT fly over the clouds (they normally fly very close to ground so they can user their radar to sense objects, if it's too far up they get lost, since they can not see)

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by freighttrain

Originally posted by MinMin
I was wondering could this be a Bat as they constantly flap and can be very fast ,,,,and fly at night and high feeding on migrating moths.
just a thought.

Bats don't move in a perfect straight line, and do NOT fly over the clouds (they normally fly very close to ground so they can user their radar to sense objects, if it's too far up they get lost, since they can not see)

Not true bats can fly very high and are not blind.

Q : "How high can a bat fly?"

Don Thomas: The highest flying bat is probably the mexican free-tailed bat in southern

USA and in Mexico. These bats fly so high that they are at the same

altitude as many airplanes, maybe even 10 km high! When 5 million bats

leave Bracken Cave each night in Texas, the air traffic controlers have to

direct airplanes to stay clear so there are no accidents.

I know that the vid is not from the US but even at 2 km high it would still be above clouds

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

Well before you go too far into this "unbiased" thing remember you are posting on one of the if not largest UFO boards on the net. I think if there was any bias here it would be in your favor. To be honest with you the video is not the best and with the line "Skeptics beat this" you are making a pretty bold claim. Looking at the responses and the members who made the responses many of these people are not skeptics, they are just not buyin what your selling.

That's what's interesting they (skeptics) think I"m selling something... where in fact I specifically invited them over for an OPEN communication, not selling... simply a debate! You shouldn't take this as me trying to sell you anything, it's not my job, I'm sharing something that is HARD to explain and like to find out what it is! The more I see these types of videos, the more they remind of NASA tapes and the glowing lights (UFO) and certainly NOT a bird (although I am open to that if it made more sense then a UFO)

Again, I'm NOT claiming this is an alien craft, i'm trying to stay "unbiased" based on saying "I DON"T KNOW" what this is, from my view on this it looks like a "unidentified flying object", man made... alien made... who knows!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OG_SWAGGA_KING
There is no way a bird can move that fast.

Couldn't agree more!

How did you determine its actual speed, not knowing its distance or size?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

ah.. who knew bats can fly that high...

But they do fly in a zig zag formation and not in a straight line.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Can not prove or disprove it's exact speed but from what I see the object is ABOVE the clouds, so if that's true it must be going VERY fast!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

No they don't.

Larger fruit bats, for example, tend to fly in straight lines, seeking out their food and then returning the way they came.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

All I hear is this is a one super bird that can do crazy maneuverer, speed and pulse, rather then saying ... "I DON"T KNOW, WHAT THIS IS"
I didn't saw anyone saying that it's a "super bird", and there is no need for a super bird.

Birds can do "crazy manoeuvres" (although I don't think a change in direction every 10 seconds can be considered crazy), birds are relatively fast (and we do not know at what altitude this thing is, without that we can only try to guess its angular velocity, and we do not even have enough information for that), some birds can fly for many hours always flapping their wings (it's amazing how people do not see what happens around them, or maybe they live in a no-bird area :puz
, the "pulsing" is very similar to flapping wings, etc.

And I don't understand what is your problem with people that state "this is ...", when you clearly stated "This is NOT a satellite, nor a plane or anything else any Skeptic can come up with", so if you can be so sure of your own opinion why can't other people do the same?

PS: does anyone recognise any stars/constellations? That way we could get an idea of the angular size and with that of angular speed of the object, from which we could get an idea for its speed at several altitudes.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

All I hear is this is a one super bird that can do crazy maneuverer, speed and pulse, rather then saying ... "I DON"T KNOW, WHAT THIS IS"
I didn't saw anyone saying that it's a "super bird", and there is no need for a super bird.

Birds can do "crazy manoeuvres" (although I don't think a change in direction every 10 seconds can be considered crazy), birds are relatively fast (and we do not know at what altitude this thing is, without that we can only try to guess its angular velocity, and we do not even have enough information for that), some birds can fly for many hours always flapping their wings (it's amazing how people do not see what happens around them, or maybe they live in a no-bird area :puz
, the "pulsing" is very similar to flapping wings, etc.

And I don't understand what is your problem with people that state "this is ...", when you clearly stated "This is NOT a satellite, nor a plane or anything else any Skeptic can come up with", so if you can be so sure of your own opinion why can't other people do the same?

PS: does anyone recognise any stars/constellations? That way we could get an idea of the angular size and with that of angular speed of the object, from which we could get an idea for its speed at several altitudes.

Obviously I see birds in my area but don't have the luxury of seeing them through a NV, so I compared it to other videos of birds that were filed in NV... NONE have a constant pulsing light to them... find me a video so I can say otherwise. Again... to do maneuvers the bird needs to glide up/down that requires random "pulsing/flopping wing" for this to happen, the video does not show that.

Secondly, I do NOT have a problem with people saying "this is... " (everyone is entitled to their opinion) what I do have a problem with is, right off the start people going off how this is a bird, without even exploring any other options, specially where we DO NOT know what this is based on facts being shown on both sides... WHAT WE DO KNOW IS... (based on facts people have presented here) that this is not a plane, satellite, star.. etc.. and that's what I was stating!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

So we have narrowed this down to 2 option:

BIRD or UFO!

- I would like to see more videos of bird flying at high altitude with NV so we can do more comparison! I think this is the best way we can determine if this is a bird or not.

IF it's not a bird, then it must be a UFO?!

- Any other suggestions?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

you forgot the 3rd option: hoaxed all together.

Here is another one he made. You can see the camera is set up behind something, i think it is something he put together so he could make his 200+ UFO videos. You see that black frame is not the video being sized for youtube it is a fram you can see in this video he gets betweein it and the camera. So he could just be filming a reflection of an IR light.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This is very real. Just what else could it be besides a UFO?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
idk.. your arguments are basically its not a bird nor a plane , therefor its a ufo , and we should believe you?!?

why exactly would a UFO fly allover the place like that, it looks like the movements of an insect, and if its not that, its something else whe havent thought about and until i meet an alien, im still a skeptic..

neway the firefly theory is WAYYY more likely, the eye isnt THAT great at telling distance, especially not thru a camera..and thinking it was next to a plane..please... again..distances thru eyes and camera, not that great...

before you go all out and say skeptics should believe you, you definetelly should build up wwaaayyy more arguments than "i saw it!!ITS A UFO!!!" and try to not convince urself before hand and search for other possibilities, jumping to conclusions isnt an argument.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by m4try0shk4]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I don't think this is to prove he's a hoax, it looks like he was filming another video (a video he may have taped before) playing on his LCD TV ?! I don't understand what your point is!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

- Any other suggestions?

I suggest that even if some or most of us decide to label it a "UFO," that doesn't automatically default to "ET craft." It means exactly what it says, "I don't know." Bird? Maybe. ET craft? Maybe. Black aircraft? Time traveler probe? Ghost? Rod? Unknown aerial creature? Maybe, sure, whatever.

Unfortunately, "I don't know" usually wins these arguments, which in turn brings us once around again to us knowing essentially nothing. Great. Our ignorance is once again confirmed. Personally, I wish somebody would come up with some positive proof of something and a better possible explanation than "I don't know." Even a better one than "probably a bird." That's pretty dull, huh?

But that doesn't seem to be happening here, once again.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Nohup]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

- Any other suggestions?

I suggest that even if some or most of us decide to label it a "UFO," that doesn't automatically default to "ET craft." It means exactly what it says, "I don't know." Bird? Maybe. ET craft? Maybe. Black aircraft? Time traveler probe? Ghost? Rod? Unknown aerial creature? Maybe, sure, whatever.

Unfortunately, "I don't know" usually wins these arguments, which in turn brings us once around again to us knowing essentially nothing. Great. Our ignorance is once again confirmed. Personally, I wish somebody would come up with some positive proof of something and a better possible explanation than "I don't know." Even a better one than "probably a bird." That's pretty dull, huh?

But that doesn't seem to be happening here, once again.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by Nohup]

UFO = "Unidentified Flying Object" , when I say UFO that's what I meant. Again I can not prove this is a UFO and nor can anyone else disprove this being a UFO. We're all making assumptions here, we have too little evidence to say what this is. My conclusion at this time after reading all posts is that "We do NOT know what this is"

Since I come from a different background/experience (being in contacted) all I can do is share with you my own personal experience, you agree/disagree is YOUR choice, I'm NOT here to sell you my experience it's something you have to want to experience for yourself.

When I came across this video it resembled what I have seen with my own eyes and experienced, so it seem legit enough... once being a skeptic I understand how some may view this and so if I end up by chance seeing the other side (which changed my life in such positive ways), I was hopeful that this can also open peoples mind to other possibilities, but this is a personal choice for people to make for themselves and some are not ready yet, and I can respect that.

Again I don't know if this is a real UFO/Bird/Hoax, but I was hoping for was an intelligent conversation with people and be able to share thoughts and ideas. I was very disappointed with how most people reacted (attacked one another, trying to outsmart each other as if this is a competition!), people tend to just find one idea that is in their comfort zone and stick to it, rather then being open to some other possibility (unknown) than what they're exposed to. I expected more intelligent debate, then just "this is a bird/insect" when we don't have ANY evidence to prove/disprove that.

Our personal experience is how we judge life and unless we are prepare to admit the possibility of being wrong then we'll never going to learn what we already don't know, and so it ends here for me!

[edit on 1-9-2009 by freighttrain]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Again... to do maneuvers the bird needs to glide up/down that requires random "pulsing/flopping wing" for this to happen, the video does not show that.
Why do you say that the bird needs to glide to do the manoeuvres?

Secondly, I do NOT have a problem with people saying "this is... " (everyone is entitled to their opinion) what I do have a problem with is, right off the start people going off how this is a bird, without even exploring any other options, specially where we DO NOT know what this is based on facts being shown on both sides... WHAT WE DO KNOW IS... (based on facts people have presented here) that this is not a plane, satellite, star.. etc.. and that's what I was stating!
That's right, we don't know, and we will never know if we can only rely on this video to know it, presenting the video on an Internet forum will not give us the truth.

Even if we all reach a conclusion about what this might be we do not really know it, it's impossible, as you probably know.

Unless you want us all to answer "I don't know what it is" in all our posts.

And I think that most answers were written the way they were because of your original approach, the "Skeptics beat this !!" on the title is a sure way of getting negative answers. I am sure that if you had just asked for our opinions, with the "Skeptics beat this !!", the "or anything else any Skeptic can come up with" and the "Are you a believer now?" the type of answer would have been different, you sowed winds and are harvesting the storms.

PS: Just because a video looks similar to what you have seen before in your life does not mean that your interpretation is correct, your interpretation may have been distorted by your previous experience. I don't know if you are aware of the trick the Discovery Channel played on Arturo Robles Gil, sending off some balloons while he was being interviewed at the top of his house, to see what he would call the balloons (shape-shifting UFO was what it was called by some people).

Here on ATS there was a member that said that the video was really a UFO (whatever that may be to him) because it was exactly what he had seen before. As I had seen his video before I told him that I though that his video was really an unknown thing, but that this second video (the one with the balloons) looked like balloons. Fortunately, he is not an aggressive type, so while he didn't liked what I said he was polite enough to accept my opinion. Some time later the truth was revealed, and he looked a bit embarassed by what had happened, because he really thought it looked like his video and his previous experience when he first saw it.

Sometimes experience does not help.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join