It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Adult Protective Services Kidnap Elderly Couple(video report)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
DALLAS – They’re not criminals. They’ve broken no laws. But they’re being held against their will by the State of Texas. Why? It’s a tragic story about what can happen when you are alone in the world and lose control of your rights, your money, and your ability to complain.
Jean and Michael Kidd never imagined their retirement would play out like this. “I feel like I am not in America,” said Michael Kidd. “I can’t believe I have been hi-jacked off the street, virtually from the hospital, and imprisoned,” Kidd told FOX 4.

Michael Kidd and his wife Jean have been living out of a tiny room for months. They have lost control of their money, their home, even their car. They say they’ve been robbed of their dignity and their voice. And who do they say is responsible? The State of Texas.

“It is a shock to our system,” says Kidd. “We are still kind of in a state of shock,” Kidd told Reporter Becky Oliver.www.myfoxdfw.com... _Forced_into_St

When are people going to wake up and realize that this is not the land of the free anymore, they just give some of us the illusion of being free for a while, just so there isn't a revolution but even those who are givin the illusion will have their freedoms taken away when the powers in charge see it fit to.
When will we revolt?

[edit on 31-8-2009 by joe82]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Could you maybe give a little info about what they were supposedly arrested or detained or whatever for. I dont have sound so I am wondering what happened. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

The state said they're not comptent, which from what the report showed and said, it's just un-true, so the state came in and forced them out of their house and into a nursing home, which the state is forcing the couple to pay for and it's breaking them.
The state also cut the power off to their house with-out being cleaned out, so food spoiled and rotten fluid from meat ran out in the floor, has to smell something aweful, they even left their doors un-locked.
Hope this helps, if not let me know.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I read a couple of articles, saw the news coverage from there local TV Station that Mr. Kidd used to work for and saw the video. My only statement besides how sad I am for them is that their must be something we else don't know as nobody is coming forward to be they're admin to help make better dicisions on they're behalf.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
That's just sick. Why not get them in home assistance for 4 days a week or something? That would've been way cheaper and not imprisoning these folks... Oh yeah, I forgot, then they wouldn't get their money.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This sort of nonsense happens all the time. I would love to know which hospital handed the old couple in( I bet they recieve bounties on childless old people) The Nursing home has benefited tremendously by this arrangement. The state needs to set the old couple free and compensate them finacially. The nursing home shouldn't recieve a dime for what it has done. The nursing home should'nt be in bussiness at all.The man is not that old at 67. If they die in that nursing home someone belongs in prison for murder.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by eradown]

new topics

top topics

join