It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any idea what these are?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Hmm, this is a fun one.

Ok, the tail on some pictures seems to be of a F4 Phantom.

The Wing on some planes makes it look like a Skyhawk or even a Harrier.

But the Twin boom...that it seems like to have, makes it even look like a Yak 131 (?)

Nice pic, too bad it's so grainy, tried zooming in paint...but..

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I'd bet on F-22's, and that the calibration is off enough to make the scaling estimates inaccurate.

Nothing else really looks like that, look at the way the horizontal stabilizers project past the back of the fuselage.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
they look like really old hangars on a dirt runway. nothing more, nothing less.

EDIT) woops, took another look. those look like f-35's or f-22's. (behind those, are old hangars)

[edit on 9/4/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
froming moving around the map it seems to be taken at fort greely in alaska , so likely part of either the ABM network , or and i think its this, part of the Cold Regions Test Center and testing freezing up of aircraft.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
froming moving around the map it seems to be taken at fort greely in alaska , so likely part of either the ABM network , or and i think its this, part of the Cold Regions Test Center and testing freezing up of aircraft.

The place is called Sullivan Air Strip and it is on the Delta Creek. Its part of the Okalhoma Impact Area.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Measurements of the B-1 Lancer bombers at nearby Eielson AFB (64°38'46.54"N 147° 4'7.35"W) are pretty much dead on.

I think scaling errors are out of the question. Some tractor trailers on the North Slope also meet DOT guidelines ( ~9 ft max width)

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
F-22s are not sitting out there in the dirt and tundra. Nor are operational F-15s either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join