It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed Obama Administration Official Lied about Veterans Death Book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

The book asks veterans to decide whether their own life would be "not worth living" under certain guilt inducing scenarios.

gatewaypundit.blogspot.com...

Fox (of all places) has just busted the administrations lies!
Check out this video folks!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
www.ethics.va.gov...

This is the link for the VA website where you can read the booklet yourself.

I'm disgustted that they are trying to push this on our veterans.
"Thank you for your years of service, there is just one more thing you can do for your country. Please die so you don't run up any costs on health benefits. See we need that money to give to Acorn and banks."

Also please note that I found this link by a google search, but if you go to the VA website then use a search function it says it doesn't exist.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I can think of instances in which I would find life not worth living. For example, if I was only surviving on life support. I have put these stipulations in my living will. As time goes on I may add others, or may change my mind about some things. I see nothing wrong with end-of-life counseling and believe it is useful to think about these matters.

The Veteran's workbook seems indeed to need revision. But the little fragment shown on the Fox (not exactly an unbiased source) program is not sufficient to give me a sense of what the entire text is.

For example, if it is only providing a list of possible things that may make life SEEM to be not worth living--for example, depression--then I see nothing wrong with giving examples. Depression can indeed make one FEEL that way.

However, if the booklet goes on to recommend withholding life support in the event of depression (a treatable and curable condition, and therefore not a reason to want to die) then that would be something else again. I would object.

But I suspect that Fox is doing what they often do--using such tiny excerpts of documents but leaving out key words and phrases in order to make them sound like something they're not.

The fact is many Republican lawmakers are in favor of end-of-life counseling, but they're not mentioned when people start accusing the Obama administration of "death books" intended to provoke people to end their lives. That accusation is reserved only for Democrats.

That is an outrageous and libelous charge and needs much more evidence before I will believe it.

My father worked for the Veterans Administration for many years and I assure you that the VA has never advocated anything of the kind and never will.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I am not at all a Fox fan, let them print what they will. Let them shine the light on truth, but do not mistake them for something they are not. They are no patriots. They are similar as best I could describe as Bolsheviks. They are usurpers of OUR CAUSE, and OUR FREEDOM.

Now, that being said as a disclaimer to watch'em like a hawk; good find!!! It is up to We The People to listen to as many sources as We can, and then maintain Our truths; not let anyone take them.

S&F Good find warrenb

new topics

top topics

join