It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Exercise that will help you Find your Inner "Third Eye"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Due to a few requests on a previous thread I thought I would share this information.

Not everyone out there is equal when it comes to accessing the “Third Eye” but most people can come near this area with a little focus and practise.

If you give this exercise a try I would expect ALL of you to find/view this point of light on your very first try. Most are not yet aware/conscious of this area and how to find it but this exercise should help you get closer to it. ( Everyone differing to degree of activity but I can assure you an experience that can be found within yourself that you can see/view.)

#1 First you need to go to a room where you can lay down and turn off the lights.

(This can be done in sitting position as well in a room if your comfortable in a position but the lights must be turned off in a dark room preferably.)

#2 Lay down or find a comfortable sitting position in a relaxed place and close your eyes.

#3 Place a hand or both hands over your eyes including eye lids using a hand or your thumb and index finger to each eye or eye lid applying gentle but firm pressure not to hard where it would hurt but enough pressure to where you begin to start seeing light dots or objects that appear as a fuzzy TV type screen or multiple star light objects appearing as tiny light dots, sometimes they appear in other forms or tiny objects everyone differing on this beginning process and what they see. Note: Everything you see in this picture will be BLACK and WHITE without color. The small white dots you view will come in the form of light the same way one looks into space and sees the stars, the screen/background will be black like night.

#4 Focus on this reality and light when you see it start to appear. This may take anywhere from 5-20 seconds everyone differing but usually starts happening within 5 seconds, continue staying focused and kind of shut down the current reality of you feeling your in this world and put yourself into a new reality, imagine you are visiting a new place out in space from within. Keep focused on this reality with your mind only and give zero attention to any other thing including the feeling of your outside body.

Now when you see these small specs/dots of light appear focus and find a small dot of light in the center of this picture usually always right between the eyes in the center of this picture, focus on that small point or dot of light and disregard all other things including whatever else can be seen around it putting all your attention and focus into this center dot of light. Do not think about your outside body but continue staying focused on this point of light found somewhere in the center between the eyes. Look for it in the center you may have to focus on a blank dark area at first until you see a point of light, once it’s found then imagine it spinning with energy and it should slowly become available to visualize in this form.

It will slowly appear more clear as a light that is in motion swirling like the center of a galaxy and be putting out tiny strands of light in all directions. As you view this you must imagine it spinning/swirling in the form of energy in order to consciously pick up on what it’s really doing if it hasn’t yet visualized in this form. Imagine it spinning, swirling like a small light galaxy and then SEE IT this cannot be imaginary but it’s a real spinning light and once you see it you will know it’s real not imaginary but you must imagine it spinning at first to consciously pick up on it.

As you view this point of light and focus on it swirling in circles in the form of a tiny spiral galaxy it will be spinning sending tiny strands of light in circular motion/directions. Now when the picture becomes more clear and you see this just relax stay focused and observe it focusing on the center point.

If you can find that light but not yet observe it swirling keep trying again to imagine it swirling or spinning and you must literally see it swirl and spin in motion, the picture is not coming from your mind only the thought of it spinning is necessary to consciously recognize it and this object is being seen and really viewed from in between your eyes somewhere or in the center of your focused point of the screen you see or picture.

I will repeat to make it clear do not use your imagination or mind to picture this image like you would a thought of something else like imagining the face of your friend but you really must SEE this in the form of a small spiral galaxy point of light spinning with energy flowing around it. The light is WHITE not any other color. Your picture is only BLACK and WHITE.

Experiment with this and most people can find this point of light right away while others it might take a little time and practice to do but it’s a quick and easy exercise and only takes a short few minutes to try. Finding this point of light is the beginning of finding your “Third Eye’ and many other things that take more focus and practice but you should feel good about getting this far and viewing this object, it will also make you consciously aware that you do have potential for greater things.

I would like to add I usually never share things of this nature or talk about certain things but my intent of sharing this is nothing but positive hoping someone is helped and becomes more focused consciously and aware of what can be found within. Anyone can do this if they try and remember this point of light exercise cannot be imaginary you need to really actually see this small spiral galaxy point of light from within not just THINK IT. Find the dot of light then imagine it spinning with light spirally then view this object and observe what it’s doing, after you have the object in view you can look around it and see what is taking place all around then focus back on it in the center point.

Best of luck on this exercise!
ET_MAN

[edit on 31-8-2009 by ET_MAN]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Pictures for better visualization of roughly what you should be looking for when doing this exercise.

Upon first closing your eyes and applying pressure to your eyes/eye lids you should within 5-20 seconds start to visualize something like this:

An example of roughly of what you should see everyone differing.
www.flickr.com...

Then it should go darker with fewer lights or change screen mode and you may not see as many light points but focus on the center and look for that one dot of light.

The below link to a picture is roughly what the first point of light should look like it will appear as just a very tiny dot like a small star in the sky.

For some the screen/view you see with your eyes closed may just remain dark black with no dots of light but focus on it and find that small dot of light. (Found right between your eyes in the center somewhere.)

Point of Light!
www.kopernik.org...

Find that Point of light and imagine it spinning, swirling twisting spirally like a tiny galaxy sending energy around in circular motions in all directions.

boojum.as.arizona.edu...
farm4.static.flickr.com...

Allow it to build into something more, if you can see it spinning continue imagining it swirling around until it visualizes and you really SEE IT. This is not in your head but real viewed in the center between your eyes when the eyes are shut. This is just an exercise and gateway to assist you in finding/accessing your “Third Eye”

More examples.
www.wallpapershell.com...

Don’t look for the full spiral galaxy at first only the small tiny point of light.

www.aracnet.com...

astro.wsu.edu...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Thank you for putting up this information.
I will give this a try, it sounds easy enough to experiment with.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan
Thank you for putting up this information.
I will give this a try, it sounds easy enough to experiment with.

Your welcome and the best part about this particular exercise is everyone can succeed without having to spend hours, days even weeks of meditation not really knowing what to look for or do.

This is not an imagination exercise if you don't really see the object on the other side of your physical vision/eyes then it's not working.

The object should clearly be seen like someone turned the lights out in a theater and you view the screen. In practicing this once working your a step closer towards finding and accessing the "Third Eye"

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
so then what happens when you access your third eye? I've seen it before, but never really paid any attention to it.
What are you able to do with it?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ET_MAN

Wow...I was wondering if anyone can add any ideas to my experience. I have told a few people this but I just kind of shrug it off...maybe I was really lonely and sheltered..

I am not sure how old I was but I remember I was pretty young ..maybe 5? Well I grew up in a very "difficult" home with lots of "stuff" going on. One of my strongest memories was my "friend"! I would usually run to my room , crawl in bed and bury my face into my arms. In a position with my arm applying pressure to my eyes. I specifically recall the black and white..it started out like static on TV...then it would slow down and my view would resemble that of space (as in stars and empty blackness) and it was moving ever so slowly. I would talk to it.( I admit it) And it would talk to me. It was a female voice. I know she had a name but I don't remember what it was. She would help me through the moments. And I ran to "her" every time...I remember an incident I was witnessing and where I stood I buried my face into my hands to ask for help. Again I don't know how old I was or how long it went on. I just know that one day I went to her and she told me she had to go and I started to flow backwards in the space and that was it. I know I tried to do it many times after but I only got the static..or I could see the space for a second then colors shapes would distort it. I stopped trying after a while. But I never forgot. After my brothers death a few years ago I have been I began a sort of spiritual journey. This memory has nagged at me ever since i began. Again I could have just been lonely and sheltered? Any comments or ideas?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
First, thanks for sharing the info but I wanted to add that as a child I was always very weird to societies standards, I was a very deep feeling and thinking child and I guess you could say spiritual. I would do this exercise you describe for hours and I always thought it was awesome. It neat that you describe this because I already know what you are talking about.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
as someone with an eye that is openable about as on command as things like this can be let me list the steps i go through to awaken it.

1) Aim as much energy toward the crown/temple of the head as possible
2) Summon your spirit guide to aid you in your insight
3) Use the spirit energy to open the Eye
4) Activate it with a simple request to see beyond your sight.

The more fluid these steps, the more insight is gathered and the more pertinent the info

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Im sorry, I don't see in only black and white when I do this. I see yellow and orange and red and brown etc. Many colors. not sure how to get it black and white they way you suggest

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
This is a fascinating post, thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to trying this tonight.

I've read quite a bit of information regarding the Third Eye, and i find it really interesting, but one thing i've always been very confused about is the way that people talk about it, and you said it yourself.

I would like to add I usually never share things of this nature or talk about certain things

I was curious, is there a reason that a lot of people are so reluctant to share this information, people like to discuss the Third Eye, but rarely people want to share information regarding it.

Other than that, thank you for sharing my friend. :-)

C.Skyco.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Hello ET-Man

Didnt try this yet but will tonight. How fast would the light be spinning or does that differ for the individual?

Just thinking about it I image the light spinning very fast.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
If you are applying actual physical pressure to your eyes, it stands to reason that you will see something - you are massaging your eyes for goodness sake!

Not a practice I would recommend to anyone - someone could be drunk or high and read this and end up gouging their eyes out!

I think the third eye in this case is your hands pressing on your eyeballs, really, why would anyone want to do that?

[edit on 14/9/09 by vonspurter]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I too remember being a young child and always liked the pretty colours (it's not black and white for me like one member said I see many) and I used to remember bed time was awesome because of the light show I got to see when I closed my eyes. I am 19 years old, what about some of you other people that remember this when you were a child ?

thank you for tip OP the exercise you explain is pretty much the same as what I do when I meditate and this is from when I first tried without anyone telling me any thing it sorta came natural

edit to add; i've learnt to relax my eyelids without the muscles spasming because i'm trying so hard to keep them relaxed and i still get the colours etc (thus im not massaging my eyeballs)

more edit; OP i'm presuming you apply slight pressure so you can fully relax your eyes and thought? rather than concentrating on keeping your eyelids still and closed?

[edit on 14-9-2009 by eathis]

[edit on 14-9-2009 by eathis]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by eathis

Yes I did this naturally as a child as well. I suspect the same number of us that see this in color are also the folks that dream in color.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This isn't exactly what ET_MAN is talking about but is similar.

Years ago I was experimenting with different forms of meditation and different ways of focusing the mind's eye (I wanted to have an OBE). This is one technique that worked in an amazing way.

I got my body all relaxed and in a meditative state. I visualized myself standing on a long railroad track that, in the distance, disappeared into a tunnel. Beyond the mouth of the tunnel, I visualized a tiny bright white spot of light, which represented the exit from the tunnel.

I visualized myself starting to walk on the railroad track, toward the mouth of the tunnel. Then I started to walk faster, then faster and faster until I was running full speed ahead towoard the tunnel. The entire time, slowly the tiny white light was getting larger (closer).

Eventually I reached the mouth of the tunnel (still running along the tracks) where it was pitch black except for the white light at the end, which continued to get larger and larger the farther I ran.

When I got to the end of the tunnel and burst out into the white light, I left my body.

Try it. It works.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by eathis

Yes I did this naturally as a child as well. I suspect the same number of us that see this in color are also the folks that dream in color.

I remember speaking with 3 people who all said they dream in black & white. I thought it was strange because I dream in color & vividly. At night I get the swirling galaxy pattern in red against pitch black but eventually a sort of dark purple blob kinda pulsating like comes into view. All very colorful.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
has anyone tried yet ? whats the result ? what this 'third eye' do?

i only read last post, i only dream in colours and often lucid, never knew the people dreaming black and white ? that's news..

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by angelx666

I was surprised a lot of people dream in B/W. Too bad for them! I'm trying this out tonight.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ET_MAN

i did this as a child, and throughout life.

i've never seen what you describe.

there has always been color. and other things different to what you've described.

no, i'm not saying you are a liar, not at all. but perhaps the "inner eye" the third eye, can be a very personable experience, and perhaps different from one observer to the next.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I should have been more descriptive on this, everyone will differ with experience some may view objects in color while others black/white that can change into color or vice versa. Whether you are viewing color or black/white try focusing on the center point between the eyes. This is not the third eye but an exercise for you to help open/find your point of light/gateway to open access the "third eye". Some people may be closer than others as they are more in tune with body/mind/spirit while others need more work. It's a matter of focus, concentration and learning to connect with your inner/conscious spirit/higher self.

For whatever it's worth I hope this helps!

Do not apply hard pressure on your eyes just make it comfortable but firm enough to help you get into mode, this is for those who have never done this before. As someone stated it can be done without having to apply pressure at all and used in meditation techniques as well. The important part is finding the point of light in the center. It should swirl roughly close to 1/2-1 second per full 360 rotation sending out strands of light electrical in appearance/energy, sometimes speeding up, sometimes slowing down but in the 1/2-1 second per rotation range.

It should start out as a tiny point of light and turn into a small galaxy type object swirling. You have to focus on it and vision it for it to materialize approx between the eyes. If you don't find this your first time don't give up, keep at it for a few more nights taking 5-10mins each night. This also can be done without the lights out but for better results and focus lights out preferred. Best of luck!

ET_MAN

[edit on 15-9-2009 by ET_MAN]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join