It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think guns should allowed to be sold to citizens?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Ok people you made your point! Im only 11! Im curious!

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Hey AD,
People can be pretty tough, especially if they don't know who they're beatin' on. It would be really cool if guns could be eliminated. Unfortunately, they can't! There's just too many. The real problem are those that misuse them. In that regard, there's only one thing - prayer. Based on your posts, and your avatar, I think you do that! Don't quit - keep it up kid! I'm over four times older than you!!! So I guess I can say that. There's a special purpose and reason for you to be here!! Never give up!!
CS

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Just look at other countries. Why do we have such an issue with violence and guns? Everyone has an opinion, just examine US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, England, etc. and form your own. It may help you on your journey to deny ignorance.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
AD, its simple, guns are not going to go away, at least not for a long time, most criminals have guns.

I respect your right to pray whenever you want, but prayer is not going to stop a criminal from mugging, raping, or killing. When you grow up and have your own family perhaps you will realize that if a criminal gets in your house and its about to rape/kill your wife or daughter, i hope for the sake of your family, that you have a gun to defend them, because prayer is not going to do anything whatever your priest tells you.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
AD5673, keep it alive, brotherman. Seriously. Don't ever lose faith in what you believe. If you do, it makes it all the more harder for the rest of us... and you have youth!

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Hi AD

I life In South Africa where guns is most used for vileness and killing but that guns are from the black market,

The people that have legal guns only have them for there protection, but know everyone hoe have a gun must re register there guns like my dad he went about 4 months back to re register and still hadn�t dot his liens back it was rejected 3 times but we must have guns for protection SA is full of crooks that have guns.

I myself don�t have a gun and don�t like them but will get me one later for me and my family one day when I get married for protection.

I also will like guns to disappear but that�s gust not possible, if you life in a place that�s not that full of crime don�t get a gun if you don�t want one but in SA it�s best to have one for protection, I fink the world will be better of with out guns but that�s gust not possible.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
Ok people you made your point! Im only 11! Im curious!
I'm beginning to disbelieve in your eleven-ness. Can you prove it?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Someone recently wrote on a news commentary page that after the civil firearms were banned in some Australia's region, the crime rate rised considerably (specially breaking into houses). Can anyone confirm this statment and maybe give some links about the studies?

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by RDK72]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RDK72
Someone recently wrote on a news commentary page that after the civil firearms were banned in some Australia's region, the crime rate rised considerably (specially breaking into houses). Can anyone confirm this statment and maybe give some links about the studies?
[Edited on 18-5-2004 by RDK72]

I know I have seen a more recent article than this, but I am still looking for it. It is a link to an NRA site, but please don't dismiss it based on that. I support gun ownership and am an NRA member, but I also keep up with what the opposing organizations publish. Give it a read.
Gun Laws, Culture, Justice & Crime In Foreign Countries
The big failing of this article is that it cites sources, but does not link to online copies. Finding the sources involves some leg-work.

WTR

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I agree with Darjums, that there should control on guns, that people who�ve committed violent crimes shouldn�t own guns, locks should be by law.
To those of you who have your weapons legally, I salute you. You�ve gone through the proper methods, you�ve had the background check and been deemed fit and responsible to own a weapon legally. To those of you who don�t feel you have to because �Owning a gun is a right not a privilege�, imagine if you will...if everyone just said �up yours� to driving tests?
One can drive a car, but having a license is a privilege. The drivers license means you�ve proven yourself capable of driving safely and mentally fit to operate a vehicle.
Pilots have to get licenses, forklift operators, and anyone who does any particular skill needs to learn how to do that skill properly. Would you trust a computer technician with no qualifications? Or a cop without a badge?

On this note, I don�t see why Americans don�t start a Militia, as it states in that amendment. For citizens to protect themselves, they need to have a standing militia. That is, citizens who can in time of conflict, form up a civilian army to protect from invaders. Not the national guard, I mean you, the civllian population actually as a milita.
Just look at �The Patriot�, the ununiformed milita, who�s origins likely date back to the men having to protect their people from the Indians, not a standing military but able to shoot a musket and defend ma and pa, brother and sister, son and daughter.
You have the amendment, you have the capacity to bare arms, why not put it to good use instead of collecting �hunting rifles�, nevermind those who live in the middle of the city and never go hunting anyway.
Look at �Red Dawn�, the Americans fighting against the foreign invaders. They weren�t soldiers, they just knew how to handle firearms.
The milita in �The Patriot� were considered rabble by their side and the British, but they still fought all the same, uniforms or not.
At the very least, if any of you do join the militaries, there�d be less time for weapons training. And in war, the milita (not the National Guard) could be a home guard.

WTR

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
So you�d still be protecting your families/friends/loved ones, but in a more active role.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Im young. Im 11

Don't let the public schools brain wash ya' kiddo.
It's our constitutional right to bear arms.
If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
It already is illegal to have a handgun in the 5 burroughs unless you have both a state and city permit. You are required to appear in person before a judge to get these permits. In New York you must have these permits on your person to buy a pistol. Home many of those in your area have them?
If they have a gun in NYC without those permits they obtained it illeagally since they already have an illeagle firearm what difference would banning them make?

No i havent taken any classes on the constitution, I thin it's wrong to own guns though! You could just go out side and shoot someone if youre pissed of at them. Do you know how much violence there is like around projects? It's because of guns. I dont live in the projects but i live in Brooklyn, New York, and i know!

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I know U.S. history pretty well. Im not stupid! And why is everyone going like crazy on me!?!!?

I have an idea.. how bout we take a moment and explain things rather than going off on an 11 year old who has a valid question and concern.

Personaly I would love to see all guns in existance go away. I feel that they are dishonorable. That however is not going to happen.

As many have pointed out we have the right to own weapons that we chose, many do it for several differant reasons. There are several things to take into consideration with arguments agains guns. Canada has a large population of hunters and they have many guns, Germany has many guns, as do a number of other countries. We however have the highest rate of gun violence in the world, and not by a little bit.. but by a HUGE margin. As the saying goes, guns don't kill people, people do.

So if other countries have lots of guns too.. why is threr not as much gun violence there?The problem with the USA is the mindet that we have, we as a society do not take responcibility for our actions, we as a society are tought to blame everyone else arround us. Therefor when there is a gun violence problem we start blaming everyone else but ourselves.

Unfortunatly the only way to fix the problem is to make people take more responcibility. One way is to actualy inforce the laws which we do not. We inforce the idea that you can get 20 years in prison and only have to be in there for 6 years. While you are in there you can get your college degree free of charge, and then when you are out you are congradulated for "turning your life arround". Our society is geared twards taking care of those who can't or more commonly don't want to make the effort to better themselvs. Then we punish those who work to do the right thing with their life.

How do we fix this problem? .. that is the great question that I truely wish we had an answer.

Where the mind goes.. the body will follow.

Wraith

<< 2  3  4   >>

join