It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Message from the future on Italian forum [HOAX]

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost
Lest anyone forgets, all futures are possible. Who knows who or when this person is from. A farm in Idaho or Italy in the future.

No offense but this person is not from the future. Many examples of inconsistencies have been posted in his story showing this to be the case.
This has been DEBUNKED.

It is a good idea to not dismiss everything because of your presently held belief system.

Re-read the claims and you should be able to pick out the problems others have that will automatically allow you to use logic to determine this is a hoax and thus dismiss it.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by thomas_

Originally posted by thomas_
reply to post by loam

The letter Y is not even part of the Italian alphabet, maybe in the future

I'm starting to see "y" used for abbreviating in text messaging for "ei" letter combinations. Sort of like "6" for "sei".

I assume this suggests the "author" is fairly young and contemporary.

reply to post by ImShrike

Originally posted by ImShrike
there is a lot of bad spelling in the italian text. I'm Italian and the word "venente" is not used in current and normal speaking or writing.

I've seen other written examples. But you are right, it is NOT common at all.

Originally posted by ImShrike
Of course everything is a bogus. I think is something invented from Matteo, that want only some attention here.
He cant provide original link because there is no original link. The OP is the original link.

You have said what I have believed for several posts now. I have asked for the link to the original source I believe 4 times in this thread. I have also sent him a U2U asking for the link, which he has not responded to. In fact, he followed up with the post in Italian, again ignoring my requests.

As much as I hate pointing fingers, I believe this thread to be a scam perpetrated by a member.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Dismiss all you like but do it quietly and don't continuously disturb our fun, thanks. You can stand there silently and I promise that no one will bother you at all. Seriously, this is as bad as the mods constantly putting certain threads "under scrutiny due to member's request". Come on! How bogus is that?! Enough is enough now. We want to postulate and ponder and that's what Skunk Works is about. There are other hallways for you to explore here. It's a big site with plenty for everybody. You guys are just annoying the hades out of me with all your fecal smears now. Go play somewhere else!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

If the OP can provide an original link, then I would have no issue.

Member HOAXES are NEVER permitted on ATS.

I happen to like that rule.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by loam]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
So Italy's president in 2091 is currently 19 in 2009...so he'll be roughly 92?? I don't see Mexico invading South America, and I really don't see Americans being desperate to get to Mexico especially since it's the other way around mostly...

Shenanigans! It was an interesting read none the less!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Please do read every word of this text:

This forum is dedicated to the all-important highly speculative topics that may not be substantiated by many, if any facts and span the spectrum of topics discussed on ATS. Readers and users should be aware that extreme theories without corroboration are embraced in this forum. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.

He doesn't have to provide a thing. You don't know whether doing so could compromise him in some way and in fact it's really none of your business. This is Skunk Works. Please do get over yourself and let us speculate to our blue-eyed hearts' content.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Matteo

Sounds entertaining.

I agree is also seems like someone addid things up to create a new post of the same old stuff. But then what would a history book read like?

Namaste!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
He doesn't have to provide a thing. You don't know whether doing so could compromise him in some way and in fact it's really none of your business. This is Skunk Works. Please do get over yourself and let us speculate to our blue-eyed hearts' content.

Drama much?

He has represented that a time traveler posting on an Italian forum has said what he has translated here. No state secret....and no compromise.

Member HOAXS are never permitted. Period. This is not a SKUNK works thread.

If a link to the source is provided, I will be quiet and apologize accordingly. Failing that, I call VIOLATION OF THE T&C.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

Dismiss all you like but do it quietly and don't continuously disturb our fun, thanks. You can stand there silently and I promise that no one will bother you at all. Seriously, this is as bad as the mods constantly putting certain threads "under scrutiny due to member's request". Come on! How bogus is that?! Enough is enough now. We want to postulate and ponder and that's what Skunk Works is about. There are other hallways for you to explore here. It's a big site with plenty for everybody. You guys are just annoying the hades out of me with all your fecal smears now. Go play somewhere else!

No thanks.
I don't mind postulating what the future might be about?
or
What if time travel were possible....??
ETC...
All that's great !!!
But when someone posts something that is OBVIOUSLY a HOAX, I'm going to say something about it and will CONTINUE to do so as I like within the bounds of ATS' T&C.

So, based on the OP's opening, this is an OBVIOUS, OBVIOUS HOAX HOAX HOAX
DUHHHHHHHH

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Soooo grateful for the Ignore button.

Second line and *click*!

Matteo, keep posting that stuff. It's a little bright spot in my day and I couldn't care less if there's not micron of truth in it or whether it's real. Just keep it coming, my friend.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Okay, now I'm scared enough...
I don't really know what the ====is going on...

Look this:

www.thescienceforum.com...

The message from this person in Italian language also appeared in the early morning in two other forums in Italy, one was about philosophy and thinking, the other was about science and technology.

In the link you can notice my answer to Viaggiatoredeltempo's post...I was searching for a website where to get information on possibilities of time travel in reality...And I found that link.

I think that, maybe, instead to bashing each other we should take this kinda of warning seriously.

I have a question, though...Why don't they send the message to private websites where a password is needed or where people who have a job and can advise people are present?

I really don't know what to think.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Matteo

That link does not work.

Also, WHERE is the link to the original post in this thread?

5th or 6th time I've asked.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
try this:

or go find on google " The Science Forum- Scientific Discussion and Debate "

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Matteo

Where to begin...well this NTTS guy from the future contradicts himself so obviously it makes me think its a 13 year old kid using google translator for his english version.

It's not hard to post the same stuff on multiple sites man...if anything it serves to help the author's story seem more legitimate to everyone. The english is obviously terrible, and you would think with matters this pressing they could afford to send a message back in time to us in a more direct and precise way. More details would be included. I'm finding it hard to understand how the east coast residents of the usa were saved, but at the same time we were in the middle of a civil war where the eastern united states is against the west...i'm not even going to go further into this crackpot, half-tard story's detials. Don't you think there would be a lengthy document warning us of these things? Where are the details on which meteors will hit us, who is responsible for nuclear attacks (specifically) and much more stuff. Take it as seriously as you wish obviously, but the facts supporting this crap are non-existent...and simple information readily available to these people to help save lives and avoid panic are not provided. Another Hellion-1957 is gonna crash into the sun style crapfest here in my opinion. And if one of you people on here tells me to not post to ruin their little apocalyptic story time, you are not denying ignorance, you are enabling ignorance in the most obvious fashion. Sure, this could be real, but so could a lot of other theories and prophetic posts. This smells of 3 month old garbage buddy...rest easy and don't worry, I'm sure no one in the year 2091 is contacting us in the present with some form of technology that makes no scientific sense whatsoever. Why wouldn't they post to us years in the past, and furthermore, what kind of implications would this have...multiple timelines, alternate realities, common-sense defying internet technology...c'mon brother!

[edit on 2-9-2009 by VirginiaGreen]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Matteo

Originally posted by Matteo
try this:

or go find on google " The Science Forum- Scientific Discussion and Debate "

That's all fine and dandy, but that post can NOT be the original post if it was posted on September 2nd.

You could have written it.

Where is the original post link?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

Firstly, it's as simple as this: When you signed up to this website you agreed to terms and conditions. Those T&C's clearly state that member hoaxes are NOT ALLOWED.

Secondly, you have gotten the premise of 'certain threads' being under staff scrutiny completely wrong. The ENTIRE 9/11 FORUM is under staff scrutiny. ANY new threads and ALL older threads have that warning down the bottom. No-one is singling anyone out, it is clearly stated down the bottom that "This FORUM is under staff scrutiny" it does not say "This THREAD is under staff scrutiny". Please take the time to read this carefully a few times for that to sink in.

Thirdly, ATS is a CONSPIRACY FORUM created for the purpose of intelligent discussion between believers, non-believers and the fence-sitters. The whole point of many threads is to present evidence to the ATS community and then we pick it to bits to determine if it is valid or if it is nonsense. This particular 'time traveller' has so many holes in his story I could use it as a rice-strainer. All we have done to this thread is exactly what we do to other threads, determine validity then take action based on the result. If you do not like this may I suggest other websites that fit more to your point of view?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

I didn't want to get into reputation or the questioning of honesty, but you are absolutely right...the more you press this matteo without addressing our concerns the more it seems you are likely to be the perpetrator of a blatant hoax. A poorly created and horribly lacking hoax, but a hoax none-the-less. Please provide us with the original post, and if you can not, be prepared to be labeled a hoax artist...well, if this is indeed yours, i wouldn't say hoax artist as much as a hoax kindergarten finger painter. If we are in error then I apologize, but you are beginning to seem a little suspect.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You may not.

2nd line.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Howdy folks. Looks like we have a couple of issues here.

1. the original quoted text is a repost from another forum which is, in turn, a repost from another forum.
2. the original text is not properly sourced. reposting a reposting doesn't give the original author his or her proper credit.
3. there are posts here that are not in english.

This is skunk works where the rules are a bit relaxed when it comes to proof but our Italian friend isn't posting his own story, he's reposting someone else's and, as such, he must provide us with links to the original, italian, forum postings.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

egg this is what we're talking about. What part of denying ignorance involves not caring if there is a shred of truth in anything? I'm not trying to rile you up or to insult you, but some of us are proactive in calling out hoaxes brah.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join