It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Message from the future on Italian forum [HOAX]

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Imagine standing on the docks for the Titanic's sailing, warning people that the ship would sink???

Do you think the ship would have sailed half empty, or even one person would have gotten off?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Even though many find this thread to be entrtainment, I'm finding it to be very useful. In this thread some of the ATS members have posted things I never knew about, or things I wanted to take a deeper look into. I never knew about The First Immortal and things such as Timewave Zero/Novelty Theory, which led me to Omega Point and reading about that.

So the more you guys debunk this, the more people are going to learn and broaden their perspectives, at least thats the case with me.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Lest anyone forgets, all futures are possible. Who knows who or when this person is from. A farm in Idaho or Italy in the future.

It is a good idea to not dismiss everything because of your presently held belief system. The wacky things in this set of time-notes are not evidence of a fake.

Really intelligent deep thinkers don't dismiss anything, but shelve it so as not to throw out a baby with the bath water.

This guy could be making this up, but is a gifted psychic. Who knows? His mistakes could look like obvious fakery, but then disarm the gems. Just an example of how not to mistake what you might be thinking for anything necessarily true.

"Those who do not know, say. Those who do, don't."

We are in an uncertainty field. The next moment could be torn apart by an effect of space and time we never thought of. We are pretty stupid actually until we shut up, look and listen, and then still as dumb as rocks. Just not so insultingly so.

You cannot know the future in this particular universe. It's very existence is based on such a reality. All we have is our folly of actions. There is "controlled folly", but that's for Googling.

I will keep the text of this person/s statements. Add it to the pile.

In a multiverse infinitely crisscrossed by times and dimensions, many of us know from experiential that anything goes. Anything. And, it usually does without us guessing when or how it will.

I'm keeping the classification of ignorant. That way I always have something new to learn. Otherwise thinking you know anything you are actually retrograde. Ignorance is an empty cup, ready to be filled. Assuming you are smart means there is little room left to fill with knowledge.

These writings from the claimed future are interesting for reasons no one has mentioned yet. My mind is open, yet my brain has a seat belt and is not in danger of falling out.

ZG

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Well, get this, CDC seams to wanna Cirum you boys !

Apparently you have never heard of female circumcision? It would reduce stimuli. That would cut population some might think. See you in surgery

ZG

[edit on 9/1/2009 by ZeroGhost]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Did the time traveler already post pics? In the first pages i read he said he would sent pictures back in time of how the city's in 2090 look etcetera...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The biggest thing I saw as being ludacris was Biden / Michelle Obama/ Hillary Clinton as the next presidents now if any of the bs ever happens he may be onto something.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
If 50 years ago an actual time traveler said that film star Ronald Reagan would be president, Arnold Schwarzenegger would be governor of California, we would have a black president or that the internet would be more important than television, newspapers and radio combined, most would call him/her fake BS.

20-20 hindsight makes crazy talk not so crazy? Anyone else have examples?

You have to remember the past or you are doomed to be bit in the 6 by it.

ZG

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
So is something going to happen tomorrow in Washington?

Would be intresting to see pictures of his time!

Tsom87

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I found some sorta related ref. stuff about replicators and claytronics
replicatorinc.com...

Which proves not one thing from my stand point but I think we would all be foolish if we didn't look for yourself before casting some stones.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epsillion70
Well I take the analogy of a Radio. One can only tune in to one station of reality at a time. However that does not mean there are not other stations out there.
The Radio Station tuning can be done by way of deep transcendental meditation or synthetically through Psychoactive drugs that have Psychotropic substances

Yeah, but with a radio, you can play me those different radio stations, and we can both sit down together and hear them. However, if you "tune in" to an alternate universe, how are you going to prove to me that it has its own reality, and not just something you're imagining? It would be like dreams. Sure, every dream could be a look into a different universe, but how often, if ever, do two people share the same dream? And even then, how could you be sure it's not just a case of imagination combined with telepathy, and not an alternate reality?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATS'ers... I've been here for over one year, and believe it's time to speak up. Been viewing this site, as well as webbot, timewave zero/one, and MIT's GCP. The world I knew/know one year ago seems extremely surreal compared to today. A little background first. My european ancestors came over on the mayflower as indentured servants (SLAVES), my mothers side is enriched with native american ancestory (REFUGEES). I have mixed european ancestry as well. My forefathers settled many territories in this nation... to anyone bitc**n bout their ancestors being "wronged", GET OVER IT!". My God, stop making excuses for your laziness and make your life better! My family has overcome the many "injustices" (although I don't see it that way) as well as millions of other Americans. My point is, the future is what you make of it...Most of us know/think what is to come. Take care of your own, respect your fellow man, and fight the good fight.
Stop blaming others and take responsibility for for yourself. These glimpses of "future events" are meant to help you prepare

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hello fellow ATS'ers... I've been here for over one year, and believe it's time to speak up. Been viewing this site, as well as webbot, timewave zero/one, and MIT's GCP. The world I knew/know one year ago seems extremely surreal compared to today. A little background first. My european ancestors came over on the mayflower as indentured servants (SLAVES), my mothers side is enriched with native american ancestory (REFUGEES). I have mixed european ancestry as well. My forefathers settled many territories in this nation... to anyone bitc**n bout their ancestors being "wronged", GET OVER IT!". My God, stop making excuses for your laziness and make your life better! My family has overcome the many "injustices" (although I don't see it that way) as well as millions of other Americans. My point is, the future is what you make of it...Most of us know/think what is to come. Take care of your own, respect your fellow man, and fight the good fight.
Stop blaming others and take responsibility for for yourself. These glimpses of "future events" are meant to help you prepare

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Well, get this, CDC seams to wanna Cirum you boys !

CDC Set to Urge Circumcision For All Baby Boys?

Washington, DC – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced today that it would submit legislative proposition (Prop 4) that would require circumcision for all male babies born on and after January 1, 2010.

just for the record, this article is a HOAX. the site is basically the equivalent of the "onion".

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I guess its a hoax, but these time travel guys are something strange!
imagine if they are true.
It sounds a bit like webbot, titor, etc....

Yet, This one has much more dates than Titor and this one in September.

I guess its BS...
However, I've had many dreams in precise dates in the future, and some things he told were the same I have dreamt! (the impact, much civil unrest around the world, huge crises, cold climate, and then by one decade things came back to normal)

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Genfinity
It's September 1st.

Calling from Houston.

We're still here.

How is everybody else?

New York, are you still with us?

Let's check back again in 30 days.

We're gonna change the future, baby!

I'm from Michigan and no we're not here

CRAP !
Nothing like a BAD, BAD HOAX to amuse us almost endlessly huh ?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost
Lest anyone forgets, all futures are possible. Who knows who or when this person is from. A farm in Idaho or Italy in the future.

...........cut....

These writings from the claimed future are interesting for reasons no one has mentioned yet. My mind is open, yet my brain has a seat belt and is not in danger of falling out.

ZG

hi ZeroGhost!

I favorite this post of yours, your reply, as one of my favorite ATS reply-posts!

I once read of a man who during the heyday of psychic "trips to heaven" books, in the 1880s, he made up a book about heaven, about a lady fainting and going out of body to see heaven; this guy wanted to make big bucks on this fantasy passing it off as real.

a spirit guide wrote, years later, about this book, speaking through a medium. he told how when he began to imagine what heaven looked like his own guides were at the ready, ready to shovel it into his brain! while has basked in the $$$ the book brought, thinking he pulled a fast one over us all, the info was right on!

there was a book
"THE MAN WHO FOLDED HIMSELF"
About a student who was given a time travel machine by his uncle.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251845650&sr=8-1

By Michael K. Smith
(

This review is from: The Man Who Folded Himself (Hardcover)
When this time-travel classic first appeared thirty years ago, I was a grad student in history and my mind was full of the academic debate over the nature of causality -- so Gerrold's thoughts on the subject made quite an impression on me. I stole his arguments shamelessly for use in the TA lounge. I had met him at a con a couple of years before, when his reputation derived almost entirely from tribbles, and I believed at the time that he was going places. Sadly, he never quite made the big time and I imagine most younger discoverers of science fiction have never heard of him. Still, any fan of time travel fiction knows this book well and I doubt anyone can ever match the psychological and philosophical complexity of Dan Eakin's life in possession of the Timebelt. This artifact is the only one of its kind (logically, when you think about it) and so Dan is the only time traveler, . . . but there's plenty of him to go around, because time travel is actually the creation of alternate realities. There are young Dans and old ones, hetero- and homosexual versions, even male and female. Some go insane, some become degenerate. Some find love, some lose it. But Dan is his own universe: "I am a circle, complete unto itself. I have brought life into this world, and that life is me." If you're looking for a Time Patrol adventure yarn, this isn't it. (There isn't even all that much plot in the usual sense.) But if you want to think about the consequences of personal, individual time travel, you can't do any better than this one.

says nearly it all.

my *own* feelings about our next ten years is that things will be VERY strange, but the real strange stuff will be stuff that no one has thought of yet!
acually, the One thing that will possibly happen, i feel, if something happens, is the One Thing that most people think is the utterly utterly IMPOSSIBLE: the appearance of Jesus!!
only the most impossible possibility will be the one thing that CAN occur, perhaps!!
Only thing is...if He Comes, it will not be in the way that most christians might accept! maybe the Baptists will be the ones to pitch the first rock at him!

Yes, thanks for the very intelligent post, ZeroGhost.

freestone

[edit on 1-9-2009 by freestonew]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Look, the only truly worrying part of this thread is that it has received 59 flags. Nothing else.

Originally posted by win 52
Imagine standing on the docks for the Titanic's sailing, warning people that the ship would sink???

Do you think the ship would have sailed half empty, or even one person would have gotten off?

No, but if that person happened to have a copy of the newspaper from after it sunk, a few obituaries... and maybe an ipod for proving that I wasnt some raving lunatic, then Id be tempted to get off!
But what the hell, why bother trying to prove it.. making vague & seemingly random predictions with no evidence must be the way of the world in the future!

[edit on 063030p://f54Tuesday by Bluebelle]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost
20-20 hindsight makes crazy talk not so crazy? Anyone else have examples?

See, that's the trick. It's easy enough to make an educated guess based on current trends and be right a reasonable percentage of time. At least enough to claim "timeline drift," or whatever. Or you could be like Nostradamus, and couch all your predictions in poetry and symbolism, so reading it after the fact allows you to make the connections that may or may not have been there to begin with. Still, anybody can make a lucky guess.

The hard stuff, and the stuff that really separates the true prophet from the good guesser is the stuff that really comes out of the blue. Literally. If you specifically predicted a meteorite was going to fall and wipe out Fargo, North Dakota, on a certain day, and it happened, you'd definitely be worth listening to after that. And the more specific you are with your out-of-the-trendline predictions, the more points you'd get. Vague predictions don't count.

Otherwise, the best thing to do with these guys is note what they say, and when an event is predicted to occur, look very objectively about what happened and what they predicted, and don't try to force a match. If it doesn't match, then they can get lost. No excuses. No dog eating the homework. There are plenty more prophets (or time travelers) where they came from.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but where's the orginal link?

I've looked and googled several possibilities, but have found nothing.

Volglio vedere i posti orginale.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by loam]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but where's the orginal link?

I've looked and googled several possibilities, but have found nothing.

Volglio vedere i posti orginale.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by loam]

linky

edit: sorry i hope you were talking about this link.

[edit on 9/1/2009 by zooplancton]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join