It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Bubonic Plague Knight's Templar Revenge?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

The Knights Templar were a military and religious order that also accumulated great wealth through their banking and lending practices. They were disbanded and brought under the Inquisition in 1307. They transferred their massive gold and silver holdings to Switzerland and turned their fleet of vessels into Pirates that plundered the vessels of Catholic Europe.

The Order was organized after Plato's Republic with the "Philosopher Kings" at its head; the second level was the Knights military leadership and the third was its Merchant and Banking Leadership. The Order was reformed as free-masonry and the top three degrees are reserved for the same three levels of leadership. These top three levels became known as the Rosicrucians at first, and now form our present Illuminati leadership. They worship the god Lucifer and his mythical nemesis Satan.

Their motto is and has always been "Order out of Chaos".

Source Link: deadmanmusings.blogspot.com...

I would never claim to be an expert on Secret Societies or TPTB but I read this article and found that it has some meat to it. At least enough meat to chew on and I'm hoping that members with more knowledge then I can share their POV with some facted based arguements for or against this theory?

Looking forward to learning something new here.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

Personally, I highly doubt the Templars could've been responsible for the plague since people at the time had no idea how it was spreading. Of course, anything is possible. (Whether it's true or not that the Mongols used the plague against its opponents at the Battle of Kaffa, I have no idea.)

The Order was reformed as free-masonry and the top three degrees are reserved for the same three levels of leadership. These top three levels became known as the Rosicrucians at first, and now form our present Illuminati leadership. They worship the god Lucifer and his mythical nemesis Satan.

Just so you know, this series of statements is completely false. At least, there is no evidence supporting any of them.

There are no known links between the Templars and the Masons outside of the Holy Blood, Holy Grail rubbish. (Although some degrees in both the Scottish rites and York rites are named after the Templars, it is in name only)

The Rosicrucians and the Illuminati hated each other and it's unlikely that the Rosicrucians became Illuminati. The Rosicrucians went on after the Illuminati had already been disbanded.

Neither Templars, Masons, Rosicrucians or Illuminati worshiped Lucifer or Satan. The Vatican did claim that the Templars worshiped Baphomet, and some Christian fundamentalists claim Masons worship Lucifer, but again, there is no evidence for either. (unless you quote Pike out of context)

I must say, it's the first time I read about Satan being Lucifer's nemesis.

[edit on 31/8/09 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Excellent post CN23, I just wanted to add an additional anecdote.

The declaration of Pope Gregory the IX in the 13th Century of cats being evil led to the systematic slaughter of many of Europe's felines. This factor can not be overlooked as with a major predator removed the black rat, introduced from Asia and carrier of the plague, was able to rapidly grow in population.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The only thing the Templars cursed at was the Holy See and the King of France, and they did join the ranks of the dead within a years time.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I believe it was brought from Asia (some historians say from Mongol's) to trade ports in Italy and elsewhere and from there it traveled like wildfire all across Europe. It was caused by flees on rats and then jumped to humans and became very contagious. I'm pretty sure the Templar's were not behind it.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Excellent post CN23, I just wanted to add an additional anecdote.

The declaration of Pope Gregory the IX in the 13th Century of cats being evil led to the systematic slaughter of many of Europe's felines. This factor can not be overlooked as with a major predator removed the black rat, introduced from Asia and carrier of the plague, was able to rapidly grow in population.

You do know why cats were associated with being evil don't you? Because cats were not indigenous to Europe. They were brought to Europe after the Crusades by the Knights Templar. Thus, after the Inquisition against the Knights Templar, if you were in possession of a cat then you were either a Knights Templar or a sympathizer with a Knights Templar. According to the Malleus Maleficarum, this was the indicator of Witchcraft (guilt by association with a group convicted of "witchcraft" by the Holy Inquisition).

To the OP, although the Knights Templar did come back from the Crusades with a working knowledge of the thousands of toxins and poisons cataloged by the Hashishim, it seems unlikely that they would have been able to create a biological weapon, let alone use it on the masses. Besides, the Aristocracy and Clergy were one of the demographic groups spared from the Bubonic (Black) Plague, which if it were intentional it would seem they would be the most likely targets of any intended harm.

As far as claims of Devil Worship, the Knights Templar most certainly were not. They just possessed mass wealth that the King of France and the Office of the Holy See both coveted, and considering their past of fraternizing with the enemy, were an easy target for discrediting through accusations of Devil Worship. The idol of Baphomet which they are accused of worshiping is much more likely to be a mistranslation of Mahomet which is Latin for "Muhammad"...meaning that while in the Holy Land, some of the Christian Knights may have converted to Islam, or at least were taught tolerance of the Infidel Religion.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I remember reading the plague was caused by the Jews catapulting diseased bodys into a city they were attacking. When they finally broke into the city all the infected people escaped and headed for the ports where they jumped onto ships to escape the death. The story about the flea's might have been made up to cover this fact. But TBh i cant remember where i read it at the moment.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
They were brought to Europe after the Crusades by the Knights Templar.

Interesting, I have never heard this theory.

According to I.L. Mason in Evolution of Domesticated Animals (1984 Prentice Hall Press. ISBN 0582460468) the evidence he presents credits the Romans as being the first to bring the domesticated cat to Europe.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
i was told it was the red ducks who did it, but what the bugger do i know ?

top topics

join