It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EDITORIAL: False reports about guns

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

EDITORIAL: False reports about guns

www.washingtontimes.com

Many media outlets have misfired about guns. Countless newspapers and television networks -- from CBS to MSNBC -- have misreported that conservative protesters are threatening President Obama with guns at public events. It hasn't happened.

In Portsmouth, N.H., a man carrying a gun, William Kostric, joined an Aug. 11 health care protest. This was blocks away and hours before Mr. Obama's town-hall meeting in that city. Mr. Kostric was given permission to be on church property where the protest occurred and was not at the place the president visited. What most of the coverage left out was th
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

I found this article, and thought I'd post it. The article is pointing out how the more liberal, or modern liberal news outlets are falsely reporting incidences involving firearms; more, or less to make the US People look like raging loonies.

Now, having that said, did Ya'll know that the Czar of Russia had given into the People, and created a parliament/provisional govt. to appease them? With the creation of the new govt. Russia was weak; this is when the Bolsheviks struck, and took over the rebellion for Rights. They had the financing, and twisted the Peoples original fight; as We all can see from history they made something which would have been beautiful into an oppressive nightmare for decades.

In other words the Bolsheviks waited for their opponents to be weakened by internal fighting, and then took power.

What's my point? Don't let the quasi fake patriots on Fox Noise, or Reverend Moonie who I believe still owns the Washington Times take over the Patriot Movement. It's not theirs.

I am trying to communicate that what's coming, this coming revolution, is OURS, DON'T LET IT BE TAKEN BY IMPOSTERS!!!!

Wake Up, Stand Up,

Sancho

www.washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

yes, a crappy wiki link to the Russian, and Bolshevik Revolutions.
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 31-8-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I also like the report I saw, I'm sorry but I can't remember where I saw it, that talked about it being "racist white men" toting guns and how they were a threat to Obama. But they cropped the video of the man carrying a large weapon so you couldn't see it was a very black man carrying a gun. I hate the MSM so much haha.

Oh and by the way, Sancho, your profile pic....freaking amazing!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I really wish that this article wasn't full of the Left/Right BS that distorts reality in this country. But it is very informative as it points out what many of us saw wrong with the coverage of the Obama events in question.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

I'm glad You don't trust the MSM; I don't, not as far as I can throw them.... I might be a short Mexican Wrestler, but I still can't throw them very far!!!! Now, that being said, We will be moving into times of complete disinformation. It is imperative that We all use Our intuition, and Heart to make decisions. The messages presented by People will continue to get skewed by the Elite.

Oh, and thanks for the compliment.

reply to post by projectvxn

Notice I put in the part about the Bolsheviks. They did set up Russia, and the People to fall. When they were at their weakest, the Bolsheviks struck.

In other words I was trying to point out that the left/right issue You mentioned is in place throughout all the media to pit us against one another.

Divide, and Conquer; We Will Create Order Out of Chaos -some illuminati scum elite dude.
................but I'm serious they think this way.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Yeah, pretty much anyone with a gun or a rifle, in the presence of the President, is going to have a problem. The Secret Service gets very nervous about things like that. They don't even let people wearing casts approach the President, because one assassin tried to hide weapon in a fake cast.

I cannot understand the paranoia and knee-jerk reactions against people wearing guns. I consider myself a "liberal", but everyone I know gets freaked out when I talk about the right to bear arms, and that you don't have to be a bloodthirsty maniac to want to have a weapon to defend yourself. They get even more freaked out when I insist that I wouldn't use a firearm to defend myself against a criminal. I'd probably use pepper spray. No sense making a mess in the house, if I can avoid it.

I'd use my weapon to defend myself against a government gone mad. This upsets my liberal friends, who somehow think that the government could never get to that point where they started taking people away. That, despite the lessons history has taught us about corrupted and insane governments.

Personally, I'm all for letting everyone carry concealed weapons. There'd be a whole lot less crime if they did that. Sure, there'd be some murders, just as there always are. But really, there wouldn't be those guys who arm themselves and shoot up dozens of innocent victims. One or two victims, and someone would take the shooter out. End of story.

Oh, and it might encourage people to be more polite to each other. Back in the days when everyone was armed (carrying a sword or a pistol), everyone was also very courteous.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Right ON!!!

We all need to work together.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

I did. And you're right. It seems to me that our political party affiliations are becoming more and more radicalized on both sides. It is my fear that blood will be spilled over these false paradigms. I do not see a revolution coming, I see a bloody civil war, and I don't like it.

I am all for a revolution, bloody or not. But it has to be a popular revolt, one that all Americans will see. So long as this false paradigm is allowed to continue to infest our way of thinking, I'm afraid the only thing that will happen is civil war.

And I will stop that from happening if I can.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Right On!!! I fully agree with what You said. I really believe a civil war is what the MSM bunch, or I should say the modern Bolshevik Psychological Warfare outfit are trying to ferment.

We all need to stick together, and really listen to Our Hearts; as far as what's right, and wrong.

There will be much disinformation coming in the near future.

Chiron, above had it right. He is a Liberal, but he is also open to others views..............WE ALL NEED TO BE THIS WAY.

LIVE, AND LET LIVE.

There really is a war on for Our minds, and the MSM is simply following orders in a war for humanity.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

MSNBC video does not show his race, and they talk about racism and white people with guns

Here the news agency shows he is black, but calls his rifle a "machine gun" and an "assault rifle." It's most likely a perfectly legal semi-automatic rifle...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousMoose

MSNBC video does not show his race, and they talk about racism and white people with guns

Here the news agency shows he is black, but calls his rifle a "machine gun" and an "assault rifle." It's most likely a perfectly legal semi-automatic rifle...

In the first video they flip from shot of the gun to a shot of a white man who isn't the one with the gun, but they infer it is. It is obviously to make it seem like it's a white racist carrying the gun. That is blatant lying and purposefully done.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
No doubt MSNBC, and the rest of the "liberal" media is painting us this way, but I'll tell ya'll; be weary of them all. They all are friendly opposition, false paradigms, or two sides of the same coin...........fox, msnbc, cbs, abc..........They are controlled by the Elite, and geared to divide We The People, in order to conquer us as individual slaves.

Stand Up.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I don't suppose that anyone at MSNBC has come clean about that report, have they?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
who cares ! guns guns guns let em all kill each other !

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Just a thought...

It seems to me that these news stations are trying to demonize more and more of the gun owners so that more of the "soccer moms" who are afraid of guns will push harder at the eradication of our second amendment (...the right to bare arms...). Which will then make it easier to eradicate also the first amendment (...freedom of speach...). Because if we no longer are allowed to speak up, and no longer are allowed to have a gun, it is then much easier to come into people's homes and haul them off into those fema camps. From what I have been seeing and reading it seems they have already "taken away" our right to defend ourselvs...

Idk...just a thought...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I'm glad to see this is catching on. I think lots of us here are of that mindset.

I started a thread a while back on just that topic.

The Real Danger. The Real Lie.

Both sides are clearly guilty of twisting facts, sensationalizing and outright lying due to their Partisanship.

It seems way worse this go around. It's like the candidates are still campaigning. The most radical changes since the sixties into the seventies are on the table.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

I don't know how it is in other areas, but up here when they had the tea parties, there were people from all persuasions involved. No violence. Just working people expressing their fears of what is happening. I suspect it is like that most places.

Considering the number of Town Halls and Tea Parties, there have actually been a tiny number of incidents for them to even use for ammo. Hundreds of events and still the media is talking about a few incidents. That means for the most part it is just working folk wanting to be heard.

I'd imaging the powers that be are taking this far more seriously than they let on. They must be worried.

I don't recall any mention of anyone carrying a gun up here. We don't have any gun laws, nobody wants them. If somebody sees you with a gun they just ask what kind it is and compare notes. If you have a gun here they call you an Alaskan

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I had no idea the black guy was a staged event...interesting how the media distorts and leaves out facts. Of course, I couldn't expect them to tell the truth.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones

Right On!!! I fully agree with what You said. I really believe a civil war is what the MSM bunch, or I should say the modern Bolshevik Psychological Warfare outfit are trying to ferment.

We all need to stick together, and really listen to Our Hearts; as far as what's right, and wrong.

There will be much disinformation coming in the near future.

Chiron, above had it right. He is a Liberal, but he is also open to others views..............WE ALL NEED TO BE THIS WAY.

LIVE, AND LET LIVE.

There really is a war on for Our minds, and the MSM is simply following orders in a war for humanity.

Wow! I have been saying this for years. Once I stopped watching MSM I started to feel more calm, less paranoid (hahah--sorry, I'm on ATS and feel less paranoid) and I am more open. Left...Right...there is no such thing. There is just people who have opinions, and I have yet to see an instance where two calm, rational, open people couldn't find one thing to agree on if they let go of party affiliation.

I think it is The Man's way of keeping us fighting between ourselves so they can do as they like.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychekitty
Just a thought...

It seems to me that these news stations are trying to demonize more and more of the gun owners so that more of the "soccer moms" who are afraid of guns will push harder at the eradication of our second amendment (...the right to bare arms...). Which will then make it easier to eradicate also the first amendment (...freedom of speach...). Because if we no longer are allowed to speak up, and no longer are allowed to have a gun, it is then much easier to come into people's homes and haul them off into those fema camps. From what I have been seeing and reading it seems they have already "taken away" our right to defend ourselvs...

Idk...just a thought...

The thing is if you have a gun and the government is coming for you it will end up like the Weavers. Whatever arsenal you have it is still no match for the military.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join