It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Democrat Town Hall Strategy: Have Constituents Arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Rep. Carol Shea-Porter of New Hampshire's District 1 appears to be implementing the new Democrat Town Hall strategy: have constituents arrested by police.

Writing at Hot Air, Ed Morrissey observes that this "is a curious re-election strategy, especially for a Representative who made her name by bird-dogging her former Congressman at his town-hall forums. Consistency isn’t Carol Shea-Porter’s strong suit, apparently, as she demonstrates in this clip from the meeting she finally held with constituents after dodging them for most of the month. When one of her constituents challenges the presence of union enforcers in the crowd, Shea-Porter asks for police intervention..."

Today's Democrats use the instrumentalities of government to suppress free speech (consider the "Fairness Doctrine", the "Local Diversity Rule" and other mechanisms to silence conservative opinion).

Doug Ross

I'm not surprised.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Its funny that people tag the party on these when in reality its happening on either side of the party line. The fact is that people are getting very angry and directing it towards people who are more well off and in power.

Although I think the web bots are far off I do think what they guessed about politicians being attacked will probably come true by the end of the year.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I like the Web-Bot prediction comment by one of your poster's but I have followed a lot of their predictions and although their timing and locations doesn't always pan out the bottomline is that they have come true!

Back to the thread: I do belive the people are truly angry and when the oppertunity permits the people do try to let both sides know how angry they are. It's the ACORN type that are astoturf and are out to disrupt everyday working people.

I don't believe we are going after them because they have more then us but instead because they have created the problem, taken away our rights and are continuing to do more damage. So it is only right that they are reminded that they are suppose to work for us and not the fringe.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Shea-Porter will get her walking papers in 2010.

Here's another video of people left out of a town hall meeting:

And here's an article that summarizes the meeting, held this past weekend:

www.seacoastonline.com...

She was so frightened at backlash that bottled water was outlawed from the meeting. The venue held only 100 people and was heavily screened and secured.

top topics

join