It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveler named: Future

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhain

That's great glad you settled it.

Talking to the poster and using a civil form of communication make is pleasant for all to read.

Crashing into the thread thumping ones chest to prove you outed someone posting untruths is not my take on communication.

Is it acceptable to make hoax threads on ATS now? That's not a precedent that I want to see started here.

If we are to pat hoaxers on the head and say "isn't that cute", then at what point do the hoaxes become so prevalent that no thread starter could be trusted to be telling the truth?

I expect more out of ATS than a place where hoax threads are tolerated, and this thread screams "hoax".

[edit on 9/7/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Really....... I fear for the state of Google in the future, (Especially since he lived in one of their "habs" ) not to mention the state of Wiki. he mentions "Wikinet" no less than 20 times but can't wiki a Superbowl? Ouch. Glad I live now right before all of you crazy right wing Christians burn me alive.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
TheOneElectric, can you explain this please?

The personal archive that you linked on page 4 of this topic has an html file called "Future 7.htm" that contains an html form text box with a reply in it that seems to be an answer from "Future guy"....

It seems that you forgot to clear the html form before copying the "source" for an archive, and YOU are "Future guy".

I think you just got caught red handed.

Originally posted by 0neKnows
I don't believe you, nor do I believe the liar named "Future". Actually I believe YOU are him.

Damn... my sixth sense is getting stronger.

-edit-
Censored bad word from image.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by 0neKnows]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Good thing it was not posted here.

Which is why I enjoy ATS. There does not seem to be a T and C on 4chan.

ATS controls hoaxers, bullying, swearing and vulgar content but 4chan doesn't which makes it hard to read.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

TheOneElectric, can you explain this please?

The personal archive that you linked on page 4 of this topic has an html file called "Future 7.htm" that contains an html form text box with a reply in it that seems to be an answer from "Future guy"....

It seems that you forgot to clear the html form before copying the "source" for an archive, and YOU are "Future guy".

I think you just got caught red handed.

I don't believe you, nor do I believe the liar named "Future". Actually I believe YOU are him.

Damn... my sixth sense is getting stronger.

-edit-
Censored bad word from image.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Zenagain]

Ha. You found it, eh? Would have liked a caveat but it's all good. I get my first "Debunk" regardless. :: Does the Happy Dance::

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Zenagain]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

Yes sorry...

For the record, Zenagain found the archive evidence. Good find.

I already knew, just didn't have solid evidence. Was relying on my built in lying smelly fish detector inside my brain.
It works pretty good...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
That is no evidence. Go to /rs/ and type in "future thread" that is where I got the archive from. Someone else archived it for the purpose of debunking. I wish I had time to fabricate such a world, but I don't. Do not go angrily calling me someone I am not. That will only cause strife.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Someone else archived it for the purpose of debunking.

Someone else did huh...

I wish I had time to fabricate such a world, but I don't.

...but you have enough time to follow along for multiple years right? Enough time to post this on ATS, and enough time to talk about it.

You don't even need time, you can make it up on the fly, in real time.

Do not go angrily calling me someone I am not. That will only cause strife.

No one is angry. More like amused.

It's funny that every time "Future" is online, YOU are online. Every time "Future" stops talking on 4chan, YOU start talking one ATS, and when YOU stop talking on ATS, "Future" is talking on 4chan.....

Hey this is Skunk Works, I should be allowed to have a "theory" that YOU are "Future guy" without any evidence... but only reasons to believe.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Actually, I might just call for a mod to close thread. I am not future guy and being accused of so is a compliment because I wish to write stories that well one day. However, I can see where I caused conflict. I made this thread for the purpose of preventing any future like the one described. If there was a civil war because of unchecked hate, why take the chance? If there was a way to make sure the name of Christianity was not sullied and broken, why take the chance? I understand how some elements of this "story" may have been offensive and blatantly disrespectful to some. However, do not place blame on me for it's creation. I stated my reasons in the Original Post for making this thread, a warning. It was meant to serve as a warning and a self examination. Would we lead ourselves to such political discourse? I thought to myself, why take the chance?

[edit on 8-9-2009 by TheOneElectric]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I have been a lurker for quite some time now, and have followed this thread....And I've gotta say, I had to join strictly to laugh at the whole "archiving" mistake you made..And then posted a patch to fix the mistake

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by xlxcigaroxlx
I have been a lurker for quite some time now, and have followed this thread....And I've gotta say, I had to join strictly to laugh at the whole "archiving" mistake you made..And then posted a patch to fix the mistake

Thank YOU Sir! I couldn't find the damned slip up in the second download! lol

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
So.. TheOneElectric.. dude I was with you for the first couple FG incidents. I figured we were both on board with the 'it is fun to read, and worth pondering' thing. Then all this comes up. Granted, I realize you say you downloaded the archives from /rs/ and yes, i found the same files on the link when i typed in 'future thread'. I really don't even care about that, it is not that great of proof to debunk you, as those files could have been uploaded by anyone to Rapidshare. I was wondering though, about your reference to Chridom in the Sarah Palin post. This is something that seems directly drawn from the Future Guy stories.

The post titled 'Breaking News: CNN - Alaska Governor Sarah Palin will resign'

You posted

"She is going to form a Christian coalition. The Christian Dominion, chridom if you will.

The radical right is about to go over the edge with the Chridom. But do not take my word for it, watch. Watch, not just the disgustingly conservative Fox News, not just the sickening overly liberal MSNBC, not just the crazed antics of Rush, and not just the supposedly balanced NPR and CNN. No, watch, the internet as it is now is your friend. Watch and be aware.

Beware of the Christian coalition. Beware of the Christian Dominion. The new Inquisition is about to begin."

No offense, but this is straight out of a Futureguy thread. I realize the post regarding Palin is from July of '09, so you can say 'hey I was influenced by those FG posts', but man things are really starting to not add up.

You have already come out and said 'I am not Futureguy', so asking you again would be stupid.

If you truly are him, then well.. good reading. Great idea. If you truly are not, well then, at least explain.

the post
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9-9-2009 by dedalive]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dedalive

What the heck are you talking about??

I think you made a mistake.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
4chan user here, I joined ATS just to post in this thread. I've been interested in Future!GUYX/6jp3w for a while now. I first read his threads almost a year ago, and I actually have 17 of his old threads archived ranging in dates from oct08 to jan09.

Ive read this entire thread, and his story hasn't changed at all. I have yet to find one contradiction. On the whole, I find his story to be sufficiently plausible. Now I'm just waiting to see who the president will be in 2012.

And for whatever it may be worth, I doubt 'TheOneElectric' is the writer of these Future threads.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Reply to Anonymous194ch

I've only been following this for a short time and I find the Future guy entertaining, not quite Titor entertaining, but enough to keep me interested. Alot better than this Commander Lyons future guy from other thread.

I don't think the OP is the future guy. However as many people here mentioned there are ways for future guy to "prove' he is future guy and so far has yet to do so. Making predictions that someone with above average knowledge of politics and science can do is hardly proof.

Also, you should know that you might be accused of being future guy also. We've all been down this road before.

edit: I keep messing up the formatting,

[edit on 9-9-2009 by mvirata]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
One of the best ways for "Future Guy" to prove he was from the future was to talk about natural catastrophes, things that could not be altered by people from our time, aside from moving people to safety, the event would still strike, just not causing the death toll predicted. I am sure if he was from the future, a natural disaster from our time should not be hard to come by.

[edit on 9/10/2009 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Wow great read and I have no idea what to think. Only ip addresses can really tell the truth and I'm afraid that we probably won't ever know for sure if the OP is Futureguy although even with the "slip up" I saw I'm still not convinced its him.

If this guy really is from the future I guess he won't mind me taking his story and making a book or movie based on it...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I pretty much do owe an explanation. First of all, like I said, I didn't write this. I did not archive this, and I have nothing to do with the story. Take it as you will. I believe the 9/11 incident was a false flag terrorist attack, I believe that there are UFO's/aliens, and I believe in spirituality, God, and the sort. FutureGuy has dismissed all the things I believe in.

Secondly, I made that statement in thr Palin thread because Red Flags always go off when I hear about anything similar to the future story. I feel as if even if it is complete bunk, that I just need to do something to prevent it from happening. I came to ATS to make sure I wasn't the only person realizing the things about the world that I realized. I assumed it would be concerned youth, like myself discussing these issues civilly. However, when I arrived I saw a majority of angry older people talking of things that yet again, set off the implausible story that I read about FutureGuy. I made that statement in order to quell, what I assumed to be, hard right christian dissidents.

The story frightens me, because the last thing we need is to be so divided amongst ourselves. Everyday the story grew with more truth, to the point that I thought I needed to post whatever I could find of it here, so that no part of it could ever occur...even if it was meant as a work of plausible fiction.

Like I said in the OP, I don't believe in this, yet I feel a need to make sure that the 1% factor can never come to fruition.

Sorry if this has offended anyone.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by TheOneElectric]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Is he still at it?

Yeh, it seems like it:
img.4chan.org...

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Skittle]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join