It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The top 5 Critical issues?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Ok I kind of curious about the ATS family view on issues that the United States needs to address ASAP.

Please list 5 issues that are your main concern ( or more if you want ) and you feel the government just isn't handling correctly.

If you want to elaborate on why you feel the issues you pick are important, please feel free to do so.

Think of this as a pole for concerned citizens.

I myself am not familiar enough with the issues, but I am starting to realize that if we do not get involved then it is our fault. So can any one help me out trying to understand just what the hell is going on?

Thanks in advanced. I am sure this will be an eye opener for me.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

Ok. Here we go.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
Ok I kind of curious about the ATS family view on issues that the United States needs to address ASAP.

Please list 5 issues that are your main concern ( or more if you want ) and you feel the government just isn't handling correctly.

If you want to elaborate on why you feel the issues you pick are important, please feel free to do so.

Think of this as a pole for concerned citizens.

I myself am not familiar enough with the issues, but I am starting to realize that if we do not get involved then it is our fault. So can any one help me out trying to understand just what the hell is going on?

Thanks in advanced. I am sure this will be an eye opener for me.

That's the whole point. You want me to list the things government isn't handling correctly. Thats assuming I want government to handle anything at all.

1. Government is good at breaking things. I say let them keep the military.

2. Get out of education, eliminate The Dept. of Education. Keep it with the states.

3. Eliminate Dept. of Agriculture. Why do we need gov telling farmers what to grow, not grow?

4. Eliminate all czars. What the heck do we need them for anyway?

5. Eliminate Dept. of Revenue. Need I say more?

[edit on 30-8-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Very nice. Ty for posting.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Not necessarily in order of importance, I'd list:

1. Energy. We're running out and not working hard enough to find clean, sustainable sources of energy.

2. Potable water. We're running out of clean drinking water. We're creating deserts where none existed. We're wasting water resources. We're polluting everything - air, water, food, etc. Water will become one of the most crucial resources, and soon.

3. Food. We're breeding ourselves out of existence. We aren't able to feed all the people we already have; much less can we feed more. We need to seriously reduce our population and birth rate, while working to ensure that everyone eats.

4. Medical care. Millions of people die every year of curable or preventable illnesses. We have the technology to stop this, but we haven't bothered.

5. Housing. Many people live in squalid little huts or are crowded into unsanitary hovels. There are some people who are born out of doors and who never set foot indoors throughout their lives. They live in the streets. We need to have safe, clean living quarters for everyone.

These are the things I see as our most pressing issues. The other stuff, including most of what we worry about here, appears secondary to these.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

1) Loss of civil liberties. I don't need the government to be my parent or my children's parent.
2) Unchecked greed, anti-trust, corporate collusion
3) Lack of spirituality (this includes a care for the earth and everything on it)
4) Lack of humanity (we "tribe" up too much)
5) Lack of curiousity

Fix those and the rest will fall into place.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
5 things okay....

1. Purge every incumbent and hold fresh elections.
2. Restore national pride
3. Remove the protection that corporations receive as being regarded as an individual person.
4. energy: new economically viable source is needed
5. education: highschool was a joke. Its pretty bad if I learn more from the internet than I did in class. Nuff said.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Very nice answers guys. thank you for your help./

top topics

join